We Throw Birthday Parties.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Username » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:03 pm

~
+++++++

[url=http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html]HAPY BIRTHDAY 2 U!11111

OMG BIRTHDAY 2 U!1111!1

WTF BIRTHDAY DEAR ANEI ARONBURG

HAPY!11!111!1 OMG LOL BIRTHDAY 2 U!!!1!1 WTF LOL
[/url]

+++++++

annie aronburg wrote:LINK
1. Conceived on Bastille Day. Parents married All Saint's Day/Samhain. Born on the First of April, haha.

2. My father graduated university the day I was baptised.Three great -grandmothers were in attendance. This passed for news in the small mountain town of my birth, where the movie "Roxanne" was filmed.

3.In 1969 my family found ourselves in the midst of an "anti-american" riot in Tokyo. My father instructed us to hide behind a light pole while demonstrators wearing surgical masks and police with batons tarantella-ed around us.I don't know why no-one noticed the four white people hiding (poorly) in their midst, but eventually they made their way down the street and we went in the other direction.

4. When I was five we climbed to the top of a castle in Ireland. My dad grabbed me by the ankles, poked my head in a hole and told me to "kiss that rock". Now I have the "gift of gab".

5. On the way home from a family bike ride in the mid-70's, I wasn't able to make a turn at a high rate of speed and smashed into a wall, breaking my arm and cracking my head open to the tune of fourteen stitches. My main memory of the event is standing by the side of the road watching myself fly past on my bicycle, into our neighbour's driveway. I didn't get "back" into my body until after the impact. I used to think I had left my body. Lately I think that I was seeing my grandmother's psychic vision of me. She called our house frantically while my parents were at the emergency room. She kept calling until they got home and when they lied that I was at a sleepover, she demanded to speak to me there. My parents put her off saying it was too late to call. It was decades before it was ok for Grandma to know. She "knew" when I was born too.

6. I've attended 18 schools in 5 different countries. Lebanon was my favorite country, still looking for the right school.

7. I once had a conversation with a man where I never said a word . An old black man in sunglasses and preppy clothing approached a friend and I at the post office late one night in the early 90's. (what, you don't pick up your mail at 4 am?)
At first it seemed like we were being panhandled but he spoke to us for more than 40 minutes about time, space travel, love and doing life's work.My friend and I said nothing aloud, the stranger did all the talking. When I would form a response to his words in my mind, but before I could speak them, he was responding to my response. I couldn't get a word in edgewise, I didn't have to say a thing. It was humbling and dazzling. I think he was a MILAB.

8. I am a shock trooper for gentrification.

9. My initial reaction to 9-11 was to contemplate flight to the aforementioned mountain town of my birth. That was succeeded by an overwhelming desire to purchase perfume on E-bay and watch television for 8-12 hours a day. A google search about implants and ear-candles in 2004 led me to the "Coincidence Theorist's guide to 9-11." I've been lurking, learning and laughing here ever since.

10. My realtor once told me, "Don't SAY things to make yourself feel better."

+++++++

Hungarian: Boldog szuletesnapot! or Isten eltessen!

+++++++

April 1 Birthdays in History

+++++++

THINKNG OF U WIT LOV3!!11!11 OMG,

Terry ^^
~
(on edit: what's it to ya?)
Last edited by Username on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Username

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Penguin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Oh wow!
Happy anniversary of the day you were kicked out of your mommas warm womb. May you remember that happy dream time fondly today.

From seed to tree, to seed in sleep.
Fare well!
Penguin

Postby Perelandra » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Hope your day holds some of everything you like, Annie!

Last edited by Perelandra on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perelandra

Postby barracuda » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:12 pm

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby monster » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Happy Birthday Annie

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby compared2what? » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:24 am

Happy Birthday, oh, radiant Annie, full of grace. And many happy returns of it, too. May you always have your pick of whatever pleasures you enoble by conferring on them the favor of your selection, however difficult that conceit makes it to verbally pivot into anything related to gift-giving. Because nothing is too good for you. Sky's the limit. Although you're going to have to make do with party-favor-sized presents for now, I'm afraid. Because I can't find a big gift that's beautiful enough for you and the clock is ticking.

But, um, when you least expect it.....Well, you'd better just look out, I'll leave it at that.***

peace, love and soul,

c2w

compared2what?

Postby Jeff » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 am

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 pm

So sorrry I missed that too, but hey..
Seamus OBlimey

It's that time again!

Postby annie aronburg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:55 am

That was a pretty decent set, and I'm lazy, so I'm bumping it.
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

best birthday wishes to the 'cuda

Postby annie aronburg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 am

Naach Aye Dil

Dear Heart, Sing and Dance for This is Llife!

Laugh and Sing where ever you go

Hum the Song of Life

Smile at Every Step

Talk to yourself if alone

Life is Dance

Live Life to the Hilt

And Impress the World

Create your Impression

Lift the Curtain from your Vision

Demonstrate your Talents to the World

This is Life

Life is just a Song and Dance

Whatever the weather or situation

Only the glitter you exhibit will survive

No sorrow will torment you

My beloved, have a ball.....
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby compared2what? » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Plus a whole bunch of hidden tracks, that you'll just have to click on at random if you want to learn more about them, because they're highly confidential and very deeply secret. In fact, although the genre-hopping might make them seem a little bit all over the place, that's actually not because I'm just making loose associations, as they occur to me. It's really a code. You know. So that this can just stay strictlybetween you and me as, a special birthday treat. But just to be on the safe side, let's be sensible about it and not tell anyone, okay?

Okay! Excellent. And many happy returns of the day to you, honey.

Fondly,

your pal, c2w
compared2what?

Postby Username » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 pm

~
Happy Birthday Fish!
~
Username

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks for another great year of barracuda-inspired wit and wisdom.
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby barracuda » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:13 am

MMmmm, now that looks tasty!*

You guys are truly the kind, which is why I so enjoy swimming these waters. I thank you all!

Clown fish for a night!

* I was specifically referring to c2w? with this comment, in case there was any confusion on that point.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Damn, missed another party.. story of my life.. I'd probably miss my own, which btw would be the same day as the virgin's, if anyone else turned up.

Happy older 'Cuda, you lovely ugly fish.
Seamus OBlimey

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News