Are you in an altered state of consciousness now?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Are you in a non-normal state of consciousness now?

Yes
56%
No
22%
Other, pls explain
22%

Total votes : 9

Are you in an altered state of consciousness now?

Postby Penguin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Im not asking what you consider altered. Im just asking: Are you in a non-normal state of consciousness now? :)
Penguin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby streeb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Up until I saw and answered this question - yes.
streeb

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:33 pm

Sadly not. Although I feel a bit shivery from the flu.
Hammer of Los

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Excito-toxic apspartame from the Diet Coke habit I can't seem to kick... nicotine, caffeine. Yes, I'd say I'm in an altered state of mind. Later, I'll get even more altered after taking [CENSORED]
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby barracuda » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Why? Wacha got?
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:00 pm

It's a bad idea to talk of such things on the Internet.. this isn't www.bluelight.ru afterall :oops:
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby OP ED » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:05 pm

other: hasn't started working yet, but pre-effects begin resulting from anticipation...
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby OP ED » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:03 am

it started. should i vote again?
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby compared2what? » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 am

Compared to what?

ON EDIT: That was so incredibly amusing to me that I have just been sitting here admiring myself for however long the time stamp on this edit indicates. Thanks for asking!
compared2what?

Postby Penguin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 am

Thats why I didnt ask about the specific alterations :) You could be in deep meditation, typing the answer, after all..

My alteration last night was "a couple" of beers after work in jolly good company, which led to a bar, and another friends home, and a taxi home, and a major headache today - not from hangover but from muscle tension in my neck :)

So yeah Im still feeling a lil weird..
Penguin

Postby Penguin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:11 am

I could swear there are some external transmitters in my brain now..Go figure..
Np: Wizzy Noise - Elecktro Theater - Radical Payne ;)
Penguin

Postby lunarose » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:24 pm

not necessarily......but the cat sure seems to be having a good time.
lunarose

Postby compared2what? » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Penguin wrote:Thats why I didnt ask about the specific alterations :) You could be in deep meditation, typing the answer, after all..

My alteration last night was "a couple" of beers after work in jolly good company, which led to a bar, and another friends home, and a taxi home, and a major headache today - not from hangover but from muscle tension in my neck :)

So yeah Im still feeling a lil weird..

I knew I was ignoring the guidelines of the OP. So I do want to let you know that I understood why you stipulated what you did, as well as how that stipulation makes the question profound rather than party-game in nature. Please know yourself to be appreciated.

I just saw an opening that would allow me to worship myself via word-play, thus indulging in two of my greatest joys in one three-word post. So I stepped through it.

Decades ago, I had a bitter argument with an irascible woman who is still one of my closest friends. She wasn't and isn't a cruel or inconsiderate person, but she's very stubborn, and she had unthinkingly done me a serious disservice.

It was one of those very rare conflicts in which there was no ambiguity on a factual or moral level: I was 100 percent in the right, and she was 100 percent in the wrong. After several days of raging debate, when that had been firmly established and agreed to by both of us, she uttered what is to this day, my most favorite apology I've ever received in my entire life. To wit:

"Fine. I guess I'm sorry. But not that sorry."

I like it partly because it's just a hilarious thing to say. But mostly because -- assuming we are not talking about an abusive relationship or one that is about to end -- the only emotional circumstance in which it is safe to say something that unlovable is one in which you both love and know yourself to be loved unconditionally. I also still occasionally quote it to her just to get the upper hand during whatever minor disagreement might arise between us from time to time. That's a below-the-belt tactic on my part, I have to admit. And I guess I'm sorry. But not that sorry.

In any event, I apologize for my witting violation of the stated terms. I'm sorry. But not....:)
compared2what?

Return to The Lounge & Member News