Just 4 Fun - Say something about the Poster above you

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Just 4 Fun - Say something about the Poster above you

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Something I've seen on other forums that seems to be a fun little game...

A simple thread with simple rules; only post a short comment about the poster directly above you.. So, someone replies with a comment about me, then someone replies with a comment about that poster, and so on...
§ê¢rꆧ

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sunny » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:58 pm

§ê¢rꆧ, you are a mysterious fellow.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AlicetheKurious » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Sunny, you have a warm, cheerful and golden personality. (I'd rather say "sterling" personality, but that would make you "moonie")
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:16 pm

Alice, you come across to me as a very strong person with a lot of integrity but who also has a very soft side that comes out more in "real life". You strike me as someone who has probably helped mend "strays" - animals and people - in your life.
Searcher08

Postby orz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Searcher08, your username is not future-proof! :(
orz

Postby monster » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Orz, you said something clever that made me laugh once. If only I could remember what it was...
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby lunarose » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 pm

monster, i actually have a soft spot for hugh and think he is on to something. (that's 'on to', not just 'on').

speaking of monsters, i currently have four books specifically concentrating on the supranomal aspects of monsters. as to books i have that touch on that aspect, about fifteen.

i am pro-monster!
"Some people just want to believe that there are nude space people out there somewhere." John Keel
lunarose

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:07 pm

“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.”
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:31 am

^ I am wondering if Cosmic Cowbell has ever seen a UFO. :P
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby compared2what? » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:02 am

Cosmic Cowbell, I don't believe we have ever exchanged words, and I have two things to say to you:

One is that every time I see your nom de post, I have a sensory memory of being in a Plymouth Valiant on the southernmost point of the Garden State Parkway on a late summer night, with the windows open, and either ocean or salt-water bay close enough to smell. With the radio on, and the embarrassingly loved-by-me opening guitar lick of "Don't Fear the Reaper" just starting to uncurl its mesmerizing self.

The other is that if we have indeed never exchanged words, the reason on my side is pretty much the same one that Einstein -- who according to legend spoke his first words by remarking that the soup was too hot at the age of four -- is alleged to have given his parents as an explanation for his previous silence: "Bisher war Alles in Ordnung."

ON EDIT: All of the above is a coded remark addressed to §ê¢rꆧ, who ON FURTHER EDIT, in case it isn't plain, snuck in there while I was on the phone, and had ceased typing.
compared2what?

she's my favorite

Postby annie aronburg » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:44 am

I always think, "I wish I'd thought (said, wrote, done) that!"
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby Jeff » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:43 am

The unexamined board is not worth administrating. annie makes it worth it.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby barracuda » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:58 am

According to experiments reportedly performed by Dr. Beaurieux in 1905 on a condemned (and decapitated) prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, the head continued to blink and respond to his name being called for several seconds.

However - the massive loss in blood pressure will cause unconsciousness. And, medically speaking, the brain only survives for a few (~4) minutes without a blood supply.

Many *cells* in the human body can survive for prolonged periods (even days) after death - but the body itself will die without the brain to control it. The heart stops beating, and the lungs stop breathing: no blood supply circulates with oxygen, so tissues will begin to die almost immediately.
Last edited by barracuda on Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:34 pm

wikipedia wrote:Barracudas occur both singly and in schools around reefs, but also appear in open seas. They are voracious predators and hunt using a classic example of lie-in-wait or ambush. They rely on surprise and short bursts of speed (up to 27mph (43 km/h)[3]) to overrun their prey, sacrificing maneuverability. The larger barracudas are more or less solitary in their habits.
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby freemason9 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:02 pm

§ê¢rꆧ wrote:
wikipedia wrote:Barracudas occur both singly and in schools around reefs, but also appear in open seas. They are voracious predators and hunt using a classic example of lie-in-wait or ambush. They rely on surprise and short bursts of speed (up to 27mph (43 km/h)[3]) to overrun their prey, sacrificing maneuverability. The larger barracudas are more or less solitary in their habits.

You have a strange and tragic gift for using various fonts.
freemason9

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News