Kim Possible's Beaver

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby compared2what? » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Hmm. Just last night I was thinking, while reading the Comment-on-Poster-Above-You thread that it was lucky Hugh employed his extraordinarily finely calibrated awareness of the potential multi-dimensional ripple effect latent in every single word for the purposes of detecting social manipulation, rather than slaying the ladies by telling them what they want to hear. Because his post there was the most flattering thing anyone (who didn't already know how to play me) has ever said about me. I fall in love with the world and myself anew as I type, just thinking about it.

Nevertheless, for reasons largely unrelated to this board, I am really pretty sick and fucking tired of having a bunch of men explain to the world what [SUBJECT HERE] feels like for a girl.

So quit it.

[16-to-24 beat interlude of the funky-drummer sample with whistles and whooping to taste.]

Now hit it.

But with a little less omniscience on the I-know-what-girls-like tip, okay? It would be much appreciated. Plus (I promise) if you want to woo an all-day, all-night woman, you gotta be a do-right, alright man. If you'll excuse my fucking with the lyrics of a classic.

And I guess that as long as I'm in the neighborhood, I might as well mention that while Percy Sledge's voice cannot tell a lie, for your own sake, you should probably know that when a man loves a woman, it is actually quite unnecessary for him to give up all his comfort and sleep out in the rain, if that's the way she says it ought to be.

In literal terms, anyway.

Peace, Love, and Soul Power,

C2W
compared2what?

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sunny » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:57 pm

c2w, I love you and your post soo much I'd like to marry both of you, if it were possible.

But here in Mobile, Alabama, they frown on such things. More so than the same sex sex type activities, the inanimate electronic objects love lovers sends people around here into furors of religious hysteria, complete with fainting, foaming, and city wide ordinances.

Don't believe me?
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby compared2what? » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:38 pm

ON EDIT: deleted duplicate post I just noticed.
Last edited by compared2what? on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 pm

sunny wrote:c2w, I love you and your post soo much I'd like to marry both of you, if it were possible.

But here in Mobile, Alabama, they frown on such things. More so than the same sex sex type activities, the inanimate electronic objects love lovers sends people around here into furors of religious hysteria, complete with fainting, foaming, and city wide ordinances.

Don't believe me?

I do. (As it is said.) And I guess if they're gonna be like that about it, well then:

We're goin' to - - - - - - -.

(H*tt*r th*n a p*pp*r sp***t!)
compared2what?

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:41 pm

compared2what? wrote:Hmm. Just last night I was thinking, while reading the Comment-on-Poster-Above-You thread that it was lucky Hugh employed his extraordinarily finely calibrated awareness of the potential multi-dimensional ripple effect latent in every single word for the purposes of detecting social manipulation, rather than slaying the ladies by telling them what they want to hear. Because his post there was the most flattering thing anyone (who didn't already know how to play me) has ever said about me. I fall in love with the world and myself anew as I type, just thinking about it.

:oops: Er, sorry for the old hammer as a gift.
Yes, you deserved better and I can only offer that my intent was better than my delivery.
And your (ahem) response reinforces my good impression of you.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby compared2what? » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:21 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
compared2what? wrote:Hmm. Just last night I was thinking, while reading the Comment-on-Poster-Above-You thread that it was lucky Hugh employed his extraordinarily finely calibrated awareness of the potential multi-dimensional ripple effect latent in every single word for the purposes of detecting social manipulation, rather than slaying the ladies by telling them what they want to hear. Because his post there was the most flattering thing anyone (who didn't already know how to play me) has ever said about me. I fall in love with the world and myself anew as I type, just thinking about it.

Yes, you deserved better and I can only offer that my intent was better than my delivery.

Okay. Now I can't tell if I've been outplayed, or simply didn't succeed in making myself clear.

If the old hammer is a metaphor for the post on this thread, to which I was saying, in effect, "Ahem. We can hear what you guys are saying. Because we're sitting right here, you know," then:

No worries. You're sweet to apologize, and that's much appreciated. But seriously, we're cool.

If, on the other hand, the old hammer is a metaphor for the Overton Window comment, then:

I guess what I wrote must have been too arch by three-fifths. Because in all sincerity, you could not have said anything more pleasing or beguiling to me if you were a professional con artist and highly skilled cold reader. I was thrilled and I emphatically reject your apology, which, to be candid, I view as little more than a malicious attempt to deprive me of the rare narcotic pleasure of uncut wholesale-grade flattery. And I'm certainly not about to let anyone get away with that shit.

Which is fortunate. Because it means that we're still cool. :)
compared2what?

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:48 am

compared2what? wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:

Okay. Now I can't tell if I've been outplayed, or simply didn't succeed in making myself clear.

If the old hammer is a metaphor for the post on this thread, to which I was saying, in effect, "Ahem. We can hear what you guys are saying. Because we're sitting right here, you know," then:

No worries. You're sweet to apologize, and that's much appreciated. But seriously, we're cool.

If, on the other hand, the old hammer is a metaphor for the Overton Window comment, then:

I guess what I wrote must have been too arch by three-fifths. Because in all sincerity, you could not have said anything more pleasing or beguiling to me if you were a professional con artist and highly skilled cold reader. I was thrilled and I emphatically reject your apology, which, to be candid, I view as little more than a malicious attempt to deprive me of the rare narcotic pleasure of uncut wholesale-grade flattery. And I'm certainly not about to let anyone get away with that shit.

Which is fortunate. Because it means that we're still cool. :)

Ahhhh...initial impressions were right. *sigh* Let the honeymoon commence.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby compared2what? » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 am

Sadly, I am a bride of the revolution. Though happily, that means we can go straight to hurling crockery at each other, as is the custom of the land.

compared2what?

Courage, pride, and joy.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:29 am

compared2what? wrote:Sadly, I am a bride of the revolution.

Be still my heart...

Rebel Girl

There are women of many descriptions
In this queer world, as everyone knows.
Some are living in beautiful mansions,
And are wearing the finest of clothes.
There are blue blooded queens and princesses,
Who have charms made of diamonds and pearl;
But the only and thoroughbred lady
Is the Rebel Girl.

Chorus:
That's the Rebel Girl, that's the Rebel Girl!
To the working class she's a precious pearl.
She brings courage, pride and joy
To the fighting Rebel Boy.
We've had girls before, but we need some more
In the Industrial Workers of the World.
For it's great to fight for freedom
With a Rebel Girl.

Yes, her hands may be hardened from labor,
And her dress may not be very fine;
But a heart in her bosom is beating
That is true to her class and her kind.
And the grafters in terror are trembling
When her spite and defiance she'll hurl;
For the only and thoroughbred lady
Is the Rebel Girl.

...DUCK!

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/041408I.shtml
Men Explain Things to Me: Facts Didn't Get in Their Way
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby compared2what? » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:41 am

Though I think I prefer this. I wanted to use Liberty Leading the People, since the French had the only revolutionary movement of the era that explicitly included demanding rights for women. But needless to say, it probably never even crossed their minds that they could just overthrow the monarchy, institute some form of parliamentary government, and move on, like all the other countries did. Being French, they had to get all conceptual about stuff like renaming months and rendering all female patriotic symbols topless. And, in all likelihood, having separate, distinct and arcane pieces of cookware for the preparation of really elaborate sauces for each and every different
Also, much more bridal, albeit a little scarily.

kind of vegetable. Typical. But I forgot about La Marseillaise. Who isn't exactly excessively clothed, but who's not quite as ostentatiously en deshabille as La Liberte, either.

ON EDIT: Added a link so that people could more easily know what the fuck I was talking about. Hopefully without making it look like I am replying to the post as if I heard a crowd shouting "Show us your tits!" that I couldn't wait to oblige. Which is the impression I was seeking to avoid. I'm not that type of revolutionary. I do love the painting for non-tit-related reasons, though.

Plus, I resent being constrained in my self-expression just because without my consent or participation, the whole fucking world has so mystified my sexuality that I have to watch what Delacroix paintings I associate myself with, for fuck's sake. Because that's not only an injustice, it's fucking ludicrous. Demystify female sexuality now!

Grrr.
Last edited by compared2what? on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compared2what?

Postby sunny » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 pm

^^Seriously, you two should get married if you're not already hitched.
Choose love
sunny

Postby compared2what? » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:16 am

sunny wrote:^^Seriously, you two should get married if you're not already hitched.

Does this mean....

...that we're not eloping to Jackson?

compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:24 am

compared2what?

Postby sunny » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:01 pm

Don't cry..we can all go to Utah. :lol:
Choose love
sunny