From Morals and Dogma

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

From Morals and Dogma

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Mon May 12, 2008 6:40 am

Albert Pike while talking about serpent worship:

"All the Buddhists crosses in Ireland had serpents carved upon them. "

"Wherever the monuments of Buddhism are found, in India, Ceylon, or Ireland, we find the Cross: for Buddha or Boudh was represented to have been crucified."

One of the legends that surrounded St Patrick (who allegedly introduced Christianity to Ireland) was that he drove the snakes from Ireland. Most people probably interpret the legend literally, even if they do not accept the legend literally.
Horatio Hellpop

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 pm

I had never heard of celtic crosses referred to as "Buddhist crosses" in Ireland but in "Everything is Under Control" RAW mentions a cross from the 8th century inscribed with "God is great" in Arabic.

I've subscribed to the obscure theory that Ireland was a coptic/orthodox nation before the invasion of the English (with papal approval) in the 12th century. At the time it was generally not accepted for catholic countries to attack other catholic countries. Was the purpose conversion?

Was St Patrick a cover story, an allusion to the victory of the Roman church over its rivals (the 'snakes')?
Horatio Hellpop

Postby tKl » Tue May 13, 2008 12:49 am

What The Fuck is a Buddhist cross?

Apparently Pike was full of shit, which should give Masonic historians AND conspiracy theorists pause.
Last edited by tKl on Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He needs less and more blankets!"

-Walk Hard
tKl

Postby OP ED » Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 am

Albert Pike WAS full of shit, although he may not have known it. It was a common meme of the time, to attribute symbols with semi-unknown origins to plausible known religions.

The cross is ubiquitous and probably pre-historical. it certainly pre-dates Jesus, who wouldn't have been executed on one, regardless of the crappy translation of your bible. The symbol itself is more an obvious side-effect of living on top of a giant ball.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Tue May 13, 2008 3:56 am

Oh please don't misunderstand. I'm just interested in the serpents reference which I found through some evangelical tract 'proving' that masons worship satan.

Just trying to figure out the St Patricks and the snakes allegory.

If true that the English forced catholic christianity onto the Irish then it would be one of history's greatest ironies that it was the way that the Irish clung to this religion centuries later that played a large part in the nation continuing to struggle for it's independence from Britain.

Also just interesting in the way Irish history pre invasion could be fabricated??

There are many musical, cultural, linguistic and genetic similarities between the people of the west of Ireland and the people of north Africa.

Shirley Toulson's The Celtic Year : "rather than adhere to the ruling of the Council [of Chalcedon], some of the most dedicated adherents of Monophysitism fled from Egypt, and some of them most surely travelled west and north to Ireland"

BTW I know this is all a bit rambling and incoherent, which is why it's in the lounge.
Horatio Hellpop

Postby blanc » Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 am

which historical event or period is being referred to as the English forcing Catholicism onto the Irish? I'm confused.
blanc

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Mon May 19, 2008 11:24 pm

When Pope Adrian gave one of the english kings permission to invade ireland in 12th century.

Obviously it's dependent on the theory having any legs.
Horatio Hellpop

Postby OP ED » Tue May 20, 2008 12:14 am

I'll say, since you clarified what you were trying to get at, and I understand better now:

I've heard speculations regarding post-African origins for [at least part of] the Irish people/culture. St. Patrick, likely is an amalgamation of pre-Christian figures [deities] converging into a saint for propoganda purposes. He seems to share certain qualities with other healing gods associated with snakes. Thoth is the most obvious.

I have no idea where Pike gets the nonsense about Buddhism in Ireland though. You'd have thought a freemason would know Egyptian gods from their Indian relatives. I've always found the correlations between the Sumer epics/religious narratives and Celtic traditions to be fascinating. It could be that N. Africa [egypt] and Ireland share a common past via Sumer, and that the snakes and crosses were imported from there. The Celts seem to be the only non-eastern religion that operates on the same time-scale as Sumer.

LIL,
SHCR
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby tKl » Tue May 20, 2008 12:32 am

OP ED wrote:I'll say, since you clarified what you were trying to get at, and I understand better now:

I've heard speculations regarding post-African origins for [at least part of] the Irish people/culture. St. Patrick, likely is an amalgamation of pre-Christian figures [deities] converging into a saint for propoganda purposes. He seems to share certain qualities with other healing gods associated with snakes. Thoth is the most obvious.

I have no idea where Pike gets the nonsense about Buddhism in Ireland though. You'd have thought a freemason would know Egyptian gods from their Indian relatives. I've always found the correlations between the Sumer epics/religious narratives and Celtic traditions to be fascinating. It could be that N. Africa [egypt] and Ireland share a common past via Sumer, and that the snakes and crosses were imported from there. The Celts seem to be the only non-eastern religion that operates on the same time-scale as Sumer.

LIL,
SHCR

Ahh, the development of ideas in in the ideosphere. Like the complex tree of the genome, it's all related.

There is no "Buddhist cross" except for perhaps the (rightside-up) fylfot and the double-dorje.
"He needs less and more blankets!"

-Walk Hard
tKl

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Here's something of interest:

Black Thorn Manifesto by Hakim Bey
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby Horatio Hellpop » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 am

Horatio Hellpop

Return to The Lounge & Member News