Bright Light!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bright Light!

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 am

Hello,

Hell/Hal is germanic for "bright". Hell seems to be the appropriate place for the Angel of Light, Lucifer. "Lo", as in "Lo and behold!" means light.

When we regard each other, we say "HELLO!"

So to each of you, I say, "Bright Light!" I truly think our speech reveals a great deal about us. You ARE light.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:41 am

There are more archaic words whose meaning is light, then we may realize. Light begins with "Li"-, Le, Lu, La, Lo" have all via archaics have come to denote light. Vowels have changed. Not surprising considering much of early semitic writing, intentionally left out vowels.

Lo isn't used as light in English, but suppose it has come to be the basis of Love? Is love really light? How about Life? Logic the light of the mind? Surely our poetry has said so. Lect-urns are the podiums from which those lect-ure, or enlighten others.

Also it's opposite may have come to mean the very opposite. il, el, al, ul, ol. To do ill. Being ill. Kill. Al and El are, much like the El-ians, foreign to us now, but are integral to our understanding of early religion. Were they the light? Surely, the babylonians called them the "shining ones"? Did they have ul-terior motives?

At some point the el-ves won the battle and pronounced themselves the light or el-ite. They graduate the alumni, or light of their doctrine as they advocate a kind of il-lu-mination.

Do our words go back that far? Lu (indoEuropean God) versus Al (semitic God)? Are there traces of this telling struggle in mythologies?
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 am

Seamus OBlimey

Hello Gizmo!

Postby marmot » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:11 pm

fascinating etymologies OMH. i was unaware of this, thank you.

Gizmo, as pictured below, is what first leapt into my mind when i read the words "Bright Light"

marmot

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:59 pm

The City of the Sun/light in Egypt was called Hel-liopolis by the Greeks. Leave it to historians to confuse us. The Egyptians themselves called their city of light, "On".

It is from on that we continue to release the light.

On, like the Sanskrit, Aum, means light.

Off of course means no light, in this regard. So it's interesting that off's opposite, "fo" or "pho" means light.

Pharoh, Photon, Phosphorous.

Lions were pretty well reveared in Egypt too. Lions often were used as symbol of the light of the sun in esoteric mythologies. Looking at the word = Li-on, and I can see why.
Occult Means Hidden

Postby OP ED » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:55 pm

halo.

holy holly-held hallowed valhallan halls batman!

(I like you OMH)

deep roots are my favorites.

hele. to conceal. hell.
(the greek woman helen, also)

also for el/al see mal/mol (maladay, malcontent, mold, mole, and the gods maldarqt, moloch, mechoir (in tyre) and its proto-babylonian
(also tolkien's melkor, formerly alkar) equivalent bel. You wouldn't believe how many words hold these roots. Don't let it get to you too much though, eh? Try to stay balanced.

(Luan, Luau, Loec, Loki, Loa, [blake's LOS?], Leia, etc. etc.)

Love is the Law,
Love under Will;
(Light, Life, Liberty)

SHCR
(Baltashazaar)
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED