Are there any other ways to donate to Rigorous Intuition?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Are there any other ways to donate to Rigorous Intuition?

Postby zhivkov » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:14 am

I have not worked since July 2007 due to disability. I have gone through all of my meager savings. Was receiving SSI benefits from 11-07 to 3-08 when I was cut off-They did not even wait until the report from the physician they required me to go to was in. I do have a lawyer working on my case but have been told it can take 12 to 14 months and even then of course it can be denied. This situation has left my parents (whose last name isnt Rockefeller by any means!) paying for the mortgage on my condo,hoa fee, phone and other things-we were just going to sell the place but in this market can't. My brother pays for my internet connection.

All things considered I am trying to stay optimistic and consider myself very fortunate to have the wonderful family that I have-without them I would be homeless. What I would like to do is right what I consider a past wrong of mine in that I never donated to RI which is by far my favorite place on the net. I guess my first question would be is there a way to donate if you don't have a checking account or credit card? And my second question is about things I could sell that would at least show something of my appreciation for this place. I have very few material things but have a pretty extensive library-no first editions or autographed books unfortunately. One thing that occurred to me is that i have about 30 to 40 issues of Fortean Times magazine from when I was actually able to buy stuff and wondered if they might sell for anything.
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OP ED » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:39 am

I think they only accept cash and/or checks and/or goat's blood and virgins.

You can make your virgins payable to OP ED.
OP ED

Postby zhivkov » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:42 am

OK OP ED I will send all virgins your way :)
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Postby Jeff » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:31 am

zhivkov, first of all thanks very much for inquiring. Second, look after yourself!

I'm working - for now; we'll see how that goes - and for the time being I can afford RI to be a labour of love. I'm thankful for every donation, but in lieu of money I'll gratefully accept your participation on the forum.

I have no head for business, and I never mean RI to become one, because I'd run it into the ground.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Penguin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Haha Jeff, youre the kinda businessman I like!
"Keep your money, you need it more anyway, and besides, Id just screw it up anyway if I DID have money!"
Penguin

Postby zhivkov » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks Jeff-that is one thing we have in common-there is nothing in my life involving finances that I haven't been able to completely F'up-One thing at least-if my soul hasn't "shuffled off this mortal coil" by Christmas I have asked my fam to order Anxious Gravity for a present. Best wishes to you all-zhivkov :)
zhivkov

Return to The Lounge & Member News