Whar We Stand With Each Other?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Whar We Stand With Each Other?

Postby H_C_E » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:16 pm

I'm a dumb-ass.

I will do my penance in a clown suit.

HCE
Last edited by H_C_E on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abdul, wax the beach with postal regret portions. Nevermind the o-ring leader he got not the cheese duster from the dachshund dimension or even pillow frighteners.
H_C_E

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Whar We Stand With Each Other?

Postby monster » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Who is your favorite poster? barracuda
Funniest? orz
Last edited by monster on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Re: Whar We Stand With Each Other?

Postby compared2what? » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm

My favorite poster? That I own personally, probably:

But I'm probably going to have to sell it, since it's a thing I own that's worth more than, like, $2 to someone, as well as one I can (just barely) stand the thought of losing. I did have my own copy from when I bought the record it came in, but I lost that one. The one I have now was a Valentine's gift. I really don't want to give it up. But I've got my memories, and it's too big to display. Or my apartment is too small. Or both. But it makes me a little uncomfortable to even pick a favorite, to be honest. And that would be more than a little, if it weren't for that "probably." I mean, I don't want to hurt the feelings of any of my other posters. Because I really do love them all the same but different.

And even without the "probably" it wouldn't make me nearly as uncomfortable as any popularity contest involving people who didn't enter voluntarily does.

So in the remote event that I might be considered for any category here, I'd like to preemptively announce that I'm not running.
compared2what?

Postby Jeff » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:31 pm

These kind of threads remind me of high school, and not in a good way, as though that were possible.

Can we keep comments positive, please? Especially since we're here in the lounge, where people presumable come to de-agitate themselves.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby H_C_E » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:44 pm

As you can see the original post is gone now. I feel like a complete fool and asshole and will probably lay low for a while out of great shame.

I've never reminded anyone of the worse aspects of high school before. Not to my knowledge anyhow.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb,

HCE
Abdul, wax the beach with postal regret portions. Nevermind the o-ring leader he got not the cheese duster from the dachshund dimension or even pillow frighteners.
H_C_E

Postby Jeff » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:03 pm

H_C_E wrote:I feel like a complete fool and asshole and will probably lay low for a while out of great shame.

Well I hope you don't, because then I'll feel like an asshole. And worse, you'll be laying low.

Don't Bogart that clown suit.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby compared2what? » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 am

What Jeff said, my very much respected HCE. I mean, go ahead and feel shame if you absolutely must. But personally, I am going to continue to respect you. Which will be much more fun for me if you put your bear-suit on and help yourself to words of praise from me via the surrealist compliment generator.

Which you should do. Because you got absolutely nothing to feel like a fool about.

c2w
compared2what?

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:54 am

compared2what? wrote:What Jeff said, my very much respected HCE. I mean, go ahead and feel shame if you absolutely must. But personally, I am going to continue to respect you. Which will be much more fun for me if you put your bear-suit on and help yourself to words of praise from me via the surrealist compliment generator.

Which you should do. Because you got absolutely nothing to feel like a fool about.

c2w

I hope you dont mind me butting in, but c2w,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOMV0SRopuE

You have been blessed with the egregious qualities of a duffle-bag in His Majesty's Royal Navy.

:)
Searcher08

Postby barracuda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:19 pm

compared2what? wrote:So in the remote event that I might be considered for any category here, I'd like to preemptively announce that I'm not running.

Wellll, you may not be runnin', but just check out the way you walk. Uh huh.

And oh my fucking god, I have that exact same poster, but mine is fluorescent orange. I think I got mine around 1986 for $25 from an art dealer friend named Hudson who I believe still operates somewhere in the alphabets. He had purchased half a dozen at the Jamie Reid show, and saved one for me. I've treasured it, kept it pristine and tucked away through thick and thin for what, over twenty years now, and I would love to hang it as well, but has always been a bit of a conversation stopper here in the bogs of the hinterlands where I am now in exile. Mine looks like this:

I see upon looking around that one is being offered for sale here for £1100.00. Yeah, eleven hundred pounds. Sweet jeebus. When the trinkets of a misspent youth turn into valuable nostagia properties, maybe it is time to dump them for dollars. Most days, I just wanna staple it to the wall and party all over it like in the olden times of yore.

I missed the original post, but HCE, I appreciate your village idiot stance which does imply doing some time in the pillory and occassional flogging by the townspeople.

And monster, thanks for the sentiment. It's a great thing to hear on a Monday morning!
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby freemason9 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Jeff wrote:These kind of threads remind me of high school, and not in a good way, as though that were possible.

Can we keep comments positive, please? Especially since we're here in the lounge, where people presumable come to de-agitate themselves.

I love you too, Jeff.
freemason9

Return to The Lounge & Member News