Anyone else here obsessed with Deadwood (the tv show)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Anyone else here obsessed with Deadwood (the tv show)

Postby esotericmetal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 am

Easily the best TV show ever made. What is sad is that i highly doubt anything else will be able to come close to the same level of quality. It was like reading Shakespeare (which was probably considered just as vulgar at the time). It's a damn shame it was cancelled like it was.

In the show George Hearst is a main character for a season, and his portrayal is fucking awesome (although i can't attest to the accuracy). He comes off every bit as ruthless as you would think, but with complexity as well. I find it interesting that the last notable portrayal of a Hearst was be Welles in Citizen Kane, and he was on the shitlist for pretty much the rest of his life.
esotericmetal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby agitprop » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:37 pm

I find it gratuitously grosse, but somewhat interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31PLcCXD0U
agitprop

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:54 am

short answer: yes

great acting, great costumes and sets, great dialogue, great storylines, characters, etc.

David Milch is a crazy and brilliant man.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Re: Anyone else here obsessed with Deadwood (the tv show)

Postby MinM » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:28 pm

David Milch is close to returning to HBO‘s primetime. The writer behind NYPD Blue. HBO’s Deadwood, John From Cincinnati and Luck has another project that is close to a pilot green light at the pay cable network, where he is under a deal.

HBO’s Michael Lombardo and Richard Plepler addressed the project, which Milch is executive producing with Art and John Linson, during the network’s TCA session today. “It’s a look at a dynastic New York media family, a look at power, the complexity of modern urban life in a classic Milchian voice,” Plepler said.

The script, winch has been in the works for a while, “may go into production soon and we’re talking casting,” Lombardo said. I’ve learned that Justin Chadwick is attached to direct the potential pilot for the project, which is titled The Money.

One thing The Money or any new HBO project won’t feature — animals in a prominent role. “We learned our lesson” with Luck, which was scrapped after multiple horses used on the show died, Lombardo said. “That was a tough experience.”

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/hbo-nea ... ama-money/

Safe to assume this will focus on david rockefeller, kissinger, murdoch, bloomberg,etc? Seems like a recipe to make the most serious of enemies.

Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Anyone else here obsessed with Deadwood (the tv show)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:43 am

Deadwood Pancakes -- Ha!
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Return to The Lounge & Member News