What are you dreaming right now?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby barracuda » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Annie, you might want to consider posting that to this thread. It seems to qualify.

Oh, and btw, Happy Valentines Day.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Peregrine » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm rather irritated that I found this little gem, I posted on this thread & it mysteriously disappeared (due to server probs, I'm guessing) so thought I'd re-post. This is really cool....

barracuda wrote:Usually and wonderfully, I travel only the same small city in my dreams all the time, with such frequency that I have a mental map of the place and come awake knowing exactly which section of the infernal town I was visiting that night.

Welcome to San Barcelonio, the dream-polis of my sleeping existence.

I have recurring dreams on a regular basis of a place that I know, quite well & it is big. I'm wondering how many folks experience this.

Nordic wrote:Barracuda, I have a similar situation where I dream of a city that doesn't exist. I know the city, and know it well. I live there, somehow, in alternate quasi-reality. I love the place, it's really beautiful. I want to go there in my "real" life, but I've never found it.

Me too. I'm not sure if mine exists or not, but I like to think that it does. I also know mine in detail. It's very large, covers quite a large geographical area, it's very picturesque & pleasant. Utopian, in a way, if you will:

Nordic wrote:There are other places. There is one in the mountains. It's utopian, it's very difficult to get to, only by foot, and it's a high mountain basin surrounded by snowy mountains.

Another is a house that is built literally over a small river. (I read recently that John Muir built himself a home like this at one time).

I've had ones about homes built along the sides & into mountains, also of homes up very steep inclines. I've also had ones of homes or cottages carved out of very large rocks that jut up out of the ground.

Nordic wrote:Another is a neighborhood of victorian homes where my dead friend lives now. It's on the east side of Denver, in a Denver that only exists in my dreams.

This I thought very interesting. Ive had ones where I'm in my neck of the woods, but how my dream interpretates it. It's my neighborhood, or area where I live but it looks very different. Familiar, yet not.

I've tried relating these types of dreams to friends or family, but none are familiar with it. For me it's recurrring, almost all my dreams consist of this. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences dreams like this & how comon it is?

Also as of late, maybe the past week or so, I've been having dreams (in this familiar "dream-opolis", if you will) of a strong male presence, which is also very sexual. It's a good one, that's for sure, but not sure where it's coming from...
Peregrine

Postby barracuda » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Sounds as if you may have picked up a incubus, lucky duck.
barracuda

Postby Peregrine » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:14 pm

barracuda wrote:Sounds as if you may have picked up a succubus, lucky duck.

heh, 'tis male, so in my case it woud be maybe an incubus :)

Wikipedia on Succubus...

From a different point of view, and from those that claim to have experienced it, it is said that succubus spiritually manipulate and seduce men in order to create intense sexual energy, which is then consumed harmlessly once outside the body, as they are permanently addicted to sexual activity and the energy generated from it. It is unproven whether they are a form of demon, but gathered from spiritual writings, there seems to be a great variation in succubus attitudes, with more variation than the human mind, ranged from evil, sadistic and demonic to a somewhat limited form of goodness

Heh, who knows, mebeh I've unwittingly tapped into someone & I'm the succubus in his dreams. Some poor chap somewhere is waking every morning feeling rather drained! :lol:
Peregrine

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:28 pm

"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Peregrine » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Speaking of dreamlike, I always thought this movie was a lovely example of how my dreams sometimes looked, particularly the first couple minutes with the ethereal looking landscape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fwS929h ... re=related
Peregrine

Postby Nordic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:01 am

Funny, I just came to this thread and completely forgot that I had been on it before.

The ex I was dreaming of earlier this year, the one I had the very spooky connection with, I found out since that she's getting a divorce and was going through the breakup about the same time that I was dreaming of her every night. Weird.

I swear to God I could get into her head and see through her eyes. I did it once just to bug her.

So weird that two people that connected could actually be incompatible with each other in day-to-day life, but that's how it worked out.

I've been having some seriously intense dreams lately, about that same city that I often dream of, and in my dreams, it's absolutely real, nothing dream-like about it. My favorite part of it is the top of this hill, where the oldest and most magnificent buildings are, mostly now abandoned.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby barracuda » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:15 am

Wait a sec - Cosmic Cowbell has been dreaming about Nicole Kidman?? Lucky duck.
barracuda

Postby monster » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:17 pm

The other night I had a dream about a UFO, I was taken up inside but I don't remember that part very clearly so I'll just describe what it looked like when I saw it in the sky.

It was black, and looked kinda like the Gemini sign, "II" but horizontal in the sky. It looked like it was made of modular squares. I remember looking up at it, fascinated, and then suddenly the end pieces started spinning really fast and I got freaked out. (It's possible the whole thing was rotating, but I remember specifically the end pieces rotating.)

I did end up inside the UFO but I forget what happened, I think it turned into a regular dream at that point, where things were disconnected and constantly shifting.

But the first part, where I saw the UFO, was one of those dreams that are crystal clear, and that I remember as well as if I'd experienced it while awake. The kind of dream that comes with a feeling of significance.
Last edited by monster on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 pm

§

Lately I haven't been getting a lot of sleep, and when I've been able to sneak in a few zzz's I've had these weird meta-dreams, where I'm dreaming about dreaming, and I dreamt that the dreams were what was really real, and the waking state a sort of odd side effect of the dream process.
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby Trifecta » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:23 am

Dreamt of puking maggots last night, not maggots being sick, I was puking maggots ... awful dream, absolutely awful
Trifecta

Postby Nordic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Trifecta wrote:Dreamt of puking maggots last night, not maggots being sick, I was puking maggots ... awful dream, absolutely awful

Okay!

That pretty much ends this thread for me!

Thanks for sharing!

(just kidding)
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: What are you dreaming right now?

Postby barracuda » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 am

Awoke in a tiny, white hotel room just down from the flea market district - white sheets, no windows, no furniture but a bed, and not a window on any of the walls, just a door kittycorner to the foot of the bed. Tiny room, shaped like a trapezoid, so small that I could have almost reached my hand out and touched the wall across from the bed, and I was naked and alone, except for the two beautiful women sitting on the bed getting chatty with me about the caprices of the day, and the need to do some shopping, and other small talk that was certain to shortly lead to a sexual encounter between two of us at the very least. I was nonchalantly rubbing myself as if by accident against the exposed skin of the smiling brunette's lower back when I noticed that through the small window at the foot of the bed, I could just see across to the window of a neighboring building, and a person seated at a table at the window eating breakfast or having coffee. This would not do, for I required privacy for my plans, and so I stood to close the shade, and thought I had better go outside the door, just to check and see if the young man I had seen walking by with the beautiful red and white antique tricycle had made his find at my favorite flea market stall, and if there were anymore like it, and if I should seek them out, which I might as well do, since I was alone and in my pajamas standing on the streetcar tracks while the busy throng of the day-crowd passed my stationary figure in the harsh sunlight outside of the awnings. It occured to me that the crowd was composed of many persons with whom I was aquainted in some slight way, and I wondered if I shouldn't buttonhole one of them and speak to them in a casual manner, when I saw my former boss walk past in her typical stick-up-her-ass, iron-butted stride. I knew that the last thing I wanted to do was encounter her and her friends and have to make small talk right when I had a chance to go back to my hotel room and either have sex or get dressed for the day, if I was ever going to get to the flea market to haggle over some item of my great desire which was in no way for sale or able to be purchased at all. I had plenty of money though, and some drugs, I think, in case I needed them. But I had to close the damn windows, one way or another.

So I entered the room from the street, and realised I had better close the blinds on the floor-to-ceiling windows facing the road before anything interesting could happen at all. Unfortunately, they were an odd sort of thick horizontal type, motivated by the jiggering about of a number of separate but vitally important strings which were somewhat tangled, and of almost no use at all for the task. I turned to you and showed you the increasingly knotty mess of strings, which were now played out to a length of six or eight yards away from the blinds, and accompanied by a frightfully complex bunch of other cords and turnable sticks, the purposes of which was impossible to understand or to even guess at towards the ultimate goal of closing the blinds on the forty-odd windows in the expansive single-room, multilevel, street-view bookstore I was living in. But since we were all enjoying conversing and drinking espresso on the platform on the mezzanine, and surrounded by such wonderful old books on so many long low shelves and cases, and with such good company, I thought it didn't really matter if the blinds ever got closed, and you giggled and gave me that twinkling look that said "of course not, silly", and the coffee smelled great so I poured us all a cup and sat down at your elbow.

You turned to me and stage-whispered that a message had come from my mother and that my niece was having a public showing of a test portion of her thesis on the development of some sort of vaccine dealing with the health of the fish again, so I suggested we all go straightaway over to the levee and see what interesting thing she was up to. We crossed the field, and arrived on the levee bank, only to find an enormous crowd of people walking, and taking in the day by the riverside, and pointing down into the canal and shouting, and as I looked over the bank down to the water below, I was stunned to see the river filled - crowded - with thousands of the most enormous and slow-moving fish of every shape and every size but small: gigantic spotted green and yellow and dark green catfish with long flowing whiskers, black and silver sharks swimming luxuriously and seemingly without need or hunger next to outrageous eel-like serpents which swayed and threaded through the narrow spaces between the other fishes making up the schools of leviathans which lolled lazily in the water. It was a lovely sight. Over there on the left was my niece, a small dot on the surface, doing some process while leaning over the side of a small boat, dwarfed by the fish around her. And just as I was complementing my Uncle Joe on how fine and young he looked with his hair dyed black, I glimpsed a turtle the size of a small bus followed by another half that size skipping like stones across the water heading downstream to my right, right above the heads of the giants swimming below. Entranced by the wicked quickness of their movement towards the distant riverbend, I had to follow their path, and as I did I wondered aloud at the extent of the bustling new construction on the busy riverbanks in the city, in proud awe of the thousands of whirring cranes and huge building scaffoldings towering on and on, over and above the distant landscape as the sun set behind them. I felt my eyes open wide as I turned and looked for you, and I could tell it really was going to be a nice day.

barracuda

Postby Allegro » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 am

Art will be the last bastion when all else fades away.
~ Timothy White (b 1952), American rock music journalist

Blog: View Blog (144)

Postby Cedars of Overburden » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:06 am

Last weekend I dreamed that I went home and my uncles (deceased) and my very leftiest aunt (deceased) were standing around in the living room at our "old home place" figuring out how to make unions work again. The only one in the group who is still alive was my Dad. His brothers and sister were carefully teaching him that Obama ain't The Answer, that the PEOPLE have to do something, and he was actually listening. (He doesn't listen to me. Never has. Never will. I'm the girl, you know.....)

When on this mortal plane, all these people were East Tennessee country people and fierce union members and supporters. What a concept, huh? God, I miss them.

I think the dream was a mighty good sign. I hope they paid a visit to Dad in his dreams too.
Cedars of Overburden

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News