synchronicity thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

synchronicity thread

Postby overcoming hope » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:28 am

I decided to rent total recall.

I looked all over the video store and could not find it, picked up another movie and headed to the counter to ask if they had it when I hear Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice. I look up and total recall is just starting on the store tv.

I said, 'that's funny I was going to ask if you had that'. girl said, 'yeah, someone just returned it 1 minute ago, and it is rare that anyone rents this movie.'
overcoming hope

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jingofever » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:11 am

Maybe, just maybe, you went to the video store to rent Total Recall, found that it wasn't there, so traveled back in time a week or so, rented it, then returned it just before you would be walking to the counter to ask for it. You probably told the clerk to play the movie so as to grab your attention. Once again an case of so-called "synchronicity" collapses under scrutiny.
jingofever

Postby chillin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:18 am

Once I googled a quote I was thinking of using as a sig, then decided not to use it. The next day a new user joined and used the quote I looked up as their sig. I've noticed tons of little coincidences like that here, it's partly what keeps me lurking despite all the depressing subject matter.
chillin

Postby freemason9 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:59 am

Synchronicities have been my constant companion, up until a couple of weeks ago. For months prior, I was visited daily (sometimes more than once daily) with inarguably synchronic events. I would share those with my wife, and we would have a good laugh over them; she is far more involved with what I would refer to as mysticism and such. I've been the pragmatic soul, and somewhat of a cynic.

But the synchronicities were clear and startling, and they made me smile whenever they appeared.

And, as I said, they ended a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why, and I don't worry much over it. It was just an interesting portion of my life.

FWIW, I am thoroughly convinced that synchronicity is meaningful and indicative of something. I have no idea what that might be, though.
freemason9

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:41 pm

None to share right now (later...) but here's a great quote from Buckminster Fuller which was found by flipping his book "Critical Path" open at random:

All the mystery inherent
in all human experience,
which, as a lifetime ratioed to eternity,
is individually limited
to almost negligible
twixt sleepings, glimpses
of only a few local episodes
of one of the infinite myriads
of concurrently and overlappingly operative
sum-totally never-ending
cosmic scenario serials
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Here's one that's easy for me to explain:

-was reading the Japanese comic "Monster" which has a story centering around East/West Germany and a set of twin children who have crossed from east to west.

-went downstairs to get a drink of water and noticed a pair of small pictures above the kitchen sink in my parents' home - they were depictions of a little boy and girl who were obviously German (judging by their attire) and looked similar to the boy and girl twins from "Monster". Upon noticing these, the feeling of having never seen them before was very strong and they stood out immediately as new (despite inevitably having seen them before)

-took one of the pictures off the wall and examined it - on the back was an inscription: "manufactured in West Germany" i.e. from the specific period depicted in "Monster" before the fall of the Berlin wall.
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby psynapz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:54 am

freemason9 wrote:FWIW, I am thoroughly convinced that synchronicity is meaningful and indicative of something. I have no idea what that might be, though.

A synchronicity, by definition, is simply a meaningful coincidence. Things that line up in time in a way that you personally find subjectively meaningful. So there's no such thing as a meaningless synchronicity. That's just called a coincidence. :-)

Surely far greater wisdom than merely that of the author of the Celestine Prophecy has surmised that synchronicity is your own creative feedback loop from the fabric of reality that lets you know that you're on the right path. The Celestine Prophecy urges its reader to follow their synchronicities as a means of staying in the "flow".

Ian Lungold draws great diagrams of how the fifth-dimensional realm of unlimited possibilities spirals down through the fourth dimensional flow of time into a third-dimensional coordinate of your conscious awareness at a given time and place. It would seem that synchronicities function as the navigational beacons of conscious creation of reality by steering you towards the goals of your higher (subconscious? spiritual?) being when opportunities present themselves. Synchronicities help you aim your mental dish antenna into the beam of [en]light[enment] shining through time from the place where all things are possible.

I use synchronicity as a feedback loop from my intentional reality co-creation efforts, and I find as long as I pay attention I can steer my own ship pretty well through the river of time. If you stop paying attention, life tends to go on autopilot, doesn't it?

Highly recommended, dense, very enjoyable: Synchronicity: the Bridge Between Matter and Mind
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 pm

psynapz wrote:A synchronicity, by definition, is simply a meaningful coincidence. Things that line up in time in a way that you personally find subjectively meaningful. So there's no such thing as a meaningless synchronicity. That's just called a coincidence. :-)

Surely far greater wisdom than merely that of the author of the Celestine Prophecy has surmised that synchronicity is your own creative feedback loop from the fabric of reality that lets you know that you're on the right path.

Ok. Here's an interesting one...

A few weeks ago, I posted in the Data Dump thread found here, an essay by Arthur Versluis on Dr. John Pordage, a 17th century theosophist and founder along with Jane Leade, of 'The Philedelphia Society'. I've posted elsewhere on the writings of Leade and how she relates throughout her diaries (in essence) and tracts, experiences that mimic to a great degree, those told by by Alien Abductee's. I'll not digress into that at this point, but Pordage too, seems to have had and written about experiences with "Angels". A few examples:

"Pordage’s visionary experiences began in August of 1649. This opening of the worlds was the revelation to Pordage and his family of the good and evil invisible realms that inform this visible world of ours. Pordage and his family saw firsthand the Mundi Ideales, or invisible realms, one full of love, the other of wrath. The wrathful realm was evidently quite unpleasant: Pordage and his family, he wrote, witnessed not only the presence of evil hierarchies—in monstrous theriomorphic forms, all “misshapen,” with cat’s ears and cloven feet and fiery eyes—but their physical manifestations in sulphuric foul odors and even the imprint of their images on the windows, ceiling, and chimney of the house. He and his wife, being unable to remove these various images from the chimney using wet cloths, resorted to smashing them off with hammers."

"Further, “That Mrs Pordage and Mrs Flavel had their Angels standing by them also, Mrs Pordage singing sweetly, keeping time on her breast, and that his children saw the spirits coming into the house, and said, look there, Father. . . And the whole roof of the house was full of Spirits (Innocencie, 14-15).”

These passages piqued my interest in Pordage and since two of his tracts are available in the book The Wisdom of John Pordage, I decided to order a copy with the intent that I would add whatever I found that would lend support to thread linked to above. I'm confident that when the book arrives, you'll see those additions appear. It may even be worthy of it's own thread in general.

So I'm waiting for the book, and a small box eventually arrives from the bookseller. However, the book I find inside is entitled "The Practice of Magical Evocation"by Franz Barden. I turn to the Title page and the full title happens to be:

The Practice of Magical Evocation

A Complete Course of Instruction in Planetary Sphere Magic

The Evocation of Spirit Beings from The Planetary Spheres of Our Solar System

Jane Leade referred to her 'visitors' as "Magia".

I am completely unfamiliar with Franz Barden (never heard of him) and do hope someone can add some insight into his works. I mean, it's a very nice book ($44.95), the last third probably a hundred pages of glossy print entitled "Seals of the Principals, Intelligences, Genii and Beings". These are filled with some sort of symbols, hundreds of them, of varied design. I was reminded of Betty Hills book with symbols as well Jane Leades "Glassy Book".

Fortunately, after contacting the seller, I was informed I could keep the book as their gift for the inconvenience and my original order is in the mail.

(Theologia Mystica, or, The mystic divinitie of the aeternal invisibles, viz., the archetypous globe, or the original globe, or world of all globes, worlds, essences, centers, elements, principles and creations whatsoever microform ~ by a person of qualitie, J.P., M.D - More to come...)

psynapz wrote:Surely far greater wisdom than merely that of the author of the Celestine Prophecy has surmised that synchronicity is your own creative feedback loop from the fabric of reality that lets you know that you're on the right path.

We'll see...

~C
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby beeline » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Raquette Lake NY is my pown personal nexus of all things good and evil in the Universe.
beeline

Re: synchronicity thread

Postby MinM » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 am

Earth-704509
MinM

Return to The Lounge & Member News