I've quit smoking.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Sweejak » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:53 pm

LOL, yeah it is rich. The idea with "keep coming back" is that you keep coming back till you quit, or think you've quit.

As for the smoking method, like I said I don't think it's for everybody, I mean what happens if I switch time zones? Can I quit by staying airborne flying west? And then there is the daylight savings conundrum.
Sweejak

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby freemason9 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Sweejak wrote:LOL, yeah it is rich. The idea with "keep coming back" is that you keep coming back till you quit, or think you've quit.

As for the smoking method, like I said I don't think it's for everybody, I mean what happens if I switch time zones? Can I quit by staying airborne flying west? And then there is the daylight savings conundrum.

Also, I think that a person could sleep-quit. That is, react to nicotine withdrawal by taking a nap.

Oh, wait.

This is America. I have to go to work, dammit.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby Sweejak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Also, I think that a person could sleep-quit. That is, react to nicotine withdrawal by taking a nap.

Now that is an interesting idea. Just stay asleep for a month or two and when you wake up all is forgotten.
Sweejak

Postby freemason9 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:16 am

Sweejak wrote:

Now that is an interesting idea. Just stay asleep for a month or two and when you wake up all is forgotten.

I smoked a cigar tonight. Does that count? I excuse myself because it was the occasion of the funeral of my masonic brother, and my father in-law. I sat under the deck in the enclosure of beautiful plants, a water fountain, appropriately (and artistically) laid paving stones, and a nice set of patio furniture. I would have been equally happy in the woods.

I drank a good deal of Canadian whiskey, but soon succumbed to the allure of Cutty Sark scotch. I drunk texted many friends, and talked to an old ex-girlfriend and reminded her of how fantastic her tits were in the day.

In short, I did what I needed to do.

But, the question remains . . . did I smoke? The cigar was a topedo, maduro wrap, hand made in Nicaragua. Your thoughts?

Appreciate this, goons. In this condition, it took me a good ten minutes to type and edit this posting.

Maddy? Let's continue this electronic flirtation for a while.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby Maddy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 am

How could I refuse?

The vision of a man holding a good cigar, on a tiled porch, surrounded by plants and a backdrop of a water fountain, with a glass of whiskey dangling in his hand is simply too classy to resist.

Its smoking, but I forgive you. Were I a man in your shoes at a funeral of loved ones, I'd probably do the same.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Sweejak » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 pm

But, the question remains . . . did I smoke? The cigar was a topedo, maduro wrap, hand made in Nicaragua. Your thoughts?

Yes, but only if you remember.
Sweejak

Postby Maddy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Sweejak wrote:

Wait, I just realized -

Does that mean, by default, if I can make myself completely forget my ex-husband that he never happened either? >.>
Maddy

Postby freemason9 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Maddy wrote:
Sweejak wrote:

Wait, I just realized -

Does that mean, by default, if I can make myself completely forget my ex-husband that he never happened either? >.>

I've forgotten what I'm supposed to remember, I think.

Maddy: I beginning to believe that marriages should only be undertaken in 10-year installments.
freemason9

Postby Maddy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:54 pm

freemason9 wrote:Maddy: I beginning to believe that marriages should only be undertaken in 10-year installments.

20 if you decide to breed?
Maddy

Postby Maddy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Oh yeah, what are you doing up so early anyhow? Good morning! -ish! :D
Maddy

Postby freemason9 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:58 pm

49 days, so bite me.
freemason9

Postby Maddy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:21 pm

WooF*ckingHoo! Congrats! Image
Maddy

Postby freemason9 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Maddy wrote:WooF*ckingHoo! Congrats! Image

Thank you. Thank you very much.
freemason9

Postby Penguin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:36 am

freemason9:
Hows it hanging?

Ive been smoke-free for about a month now. The exact day escapes me.
I didn't smoke a lot (2-6 daily), but even a little is not good. I can breathe a lot better and I don't run out of breath while riding. Clumps of weird looking slime have also been ejected already during the couple first weeks. Went to sauna a lot to get some hot steam in there to aid with that.

Hope you are doing fine as well. My cravings were the worst for the first week, now tobacco smoke smells bad again. Good thing. Haven't used any nicotine gum either - whats the point, to get addicted on those?
Penguin

Postby freemason9 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Penguin wrote:freemason9:
Hows it hanging?

Ive been smoke-free for about a month now. The exact day escapes me.
I didn't smoke a lot (2-6 daily), but even a little is not good. I can breathe a lot better and I don't run out of breath while riding. Clumps of weird looking slime have also been ejected already during the couple first weeks. Went to sauna a lot to get some hot steam in there to aid with that.

Hope you are doing fine as well. My cravings were the worst for the first week, now tobacco smoke smells bad again. Good thing. Haven't used any nicotine gum either - whats the point, to get addicted on those?

Dammit, penguin, I'm still not smoking . . . it's been a challenge, though. I've attended two funerals of family members since i quit, the last one being my brother. He smoked a couple of packs a day, and he was about ten years older. You might say it steeled my resolve somewhat.

I quit the Chantix about two weeks ago . . . it was affecting my mood and behavior. My wife noticed it first, and it got worse over time. My whole body was going numb as well, including my dick. That was distracting.

It's a powerful drug, but apparently it did the trick.

Now if only the numbness would go away . . .
freemason9

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News