Kids are wonderful!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Kids are wonderful!

Postby sw » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 pm

I am very fortunate to have triplet boys who live next door and their two year old sister. Since I walk my dogs twice a day around the same time they are out playing, I see them alot.

The little girl loves to collect acorns. Her pockets are usually full. The boys zoom around on their skateboards lying flat with their PJ capes flying behind them.

They show me lizards and discuss important things like the shark tooth necklaces they got at the museum.

when life gets tough, there's nothing like the interactions with them to get me smiling.

Last year they noticed that my female doggie "pees" differently than their boy doggie who passed away recently. They agreed that this difference was because of the fact that my dogs were medium sized dogs and that's how medium sized dogs go.

Life through the eyes of these kids is really cool. I'm grateful that they are my neighbors. I can't wait for Halloween to see what they will be this year. Very exciting!
sw

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Kids are wonderful!

Postby sunny » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:25 pm

sw wrote:I am very fortunate to have triplet boys who live next door and their two year old sister. Since I walk my dogs twice a day around the same time they are out playing, I see them alot.

The little girl loves to collect acorns. Her pockets are usually full. The boys zoom around on their skateboards lying flat with their PJ capes flying behind them.

They show me lizards and discuss important things like the shark tooth necklaces they got at the museum.

when life gets tough, there's nothing like the interactions with them to get me smiling.

Last year they noticed that my female doggie "pees" differently than their boy doggie who passed away recently. They agreed that this difference was because of the fact that my dogs were medium sized dogs and that's how medium sized dogs go.

Life through the eyes of these kids is really cool. I'm grateful that they are my neighbors. I can't wait for Halloween to see what they will be this year. Very exciting!

It is! I adore children, everything about them, especially my grandbabies of course. The little one, aged 4, informed me this weekend that frogs are "ambitious". She says her friend Ashley likes to hold her hand and "she's really nice". She makes up incredibly detailed stories about everything she sees, like the little fairy who lives atop the water tower and looks after all the baby birds. She loves everything tiny and we once gathered from the yard/jungle a whole menagerie of imaginary miniature animals, like teacup sized elephants and fingertip sized monkey's. We fed them and tucked them in for a nap.

When they're here I give myself over completely and live in their world.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

magical world

Postby sw » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Wow, sunny, your grandaughter has such a magical life. Sounds really smart too!

They do see everything!

The trees near my apartment are not that big. The branches would not hold an adult.....but they hold these three five year olds all the time!

The beauty, depth and brilliance of an unhurt, loved child is my favorite thing about life.
sw

Re: magical world

Postby Bridge It » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 pm

sw wrote:Wow, sunny, your grandaughter has such a magical life. Sounds really smart too!

They do see everything!

The trees near my apartment are not that big. The branches would not hold an adult.....but they hold these three five year olds all the time!

The beauty, depth and brilliance of an unhurt, loved child is my favorite thing about life.

Thanks sw - this does go beyond "cheerful" doesn't it? I'm sure Mr. Ed is very creeped out by the reality of this thread.

frogs are "ambitious"

Sunny, you know that she's correct don't you? Frogs fall from the sky in a Fortean manner every day and expect to be taken seriously.
The common people will let it go
Bridge It

Postby sunny » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:42 am

sw wrote:The beauty, depth and brilliance of an unhurt, loved child is my favorite thing about life.

Mine too, and we all have a grave responsibility to do what we can to see that the children around us remain that way.

Bridge It wrote:Sunny, you know that she's correct don't you? Frogs fall from the sky in a Fortean manner every day and expect to be taken seriously.

Lol, well my little darlings are certainly ambitious to find as many as they can after a rain. Right now, the biggest ambition of the little one is to find a tiny baby turtle.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby OP ED » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:19 pm

creepiness and wonderment are not mutually exclusive.

quite the opposite, sometimes.
OP ED

Postby nathan28 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 pm

OP ED wrote:creepiness and wonderment are not mutually exclusive.

quite the opposite, sometimes.

Especially when the kids meet the sneaker production quota for Nike!
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby barracuda » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

barracuda

Postby sw » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Please, Barracuda....add some words to that!!! Is the main one a potato head?

Triplett update: in case you have not followed my life in depth.....one of my older doggies passed away from cancer about three weeks ago and I got "junebug" from the local shelter. Junebug is hilarious. She was a puppy mill dog who survived distemper. She is about two and is probably half cocker spaniel and half poodle. She growls at trucks, motorcycles, earth moving equipment etc.

So, we are walking by the triplett's house and they had left their little red wagon in the middle of the sidewalk. OMG...Junebug had to be dragged to get to that point and was totally afraid of the empty wagon. We looked inside it as we went by and then had her head turned watching it behind her to check to see if it was following her for about one block.

The next day I told the tripletts this who thought it was amazing so they ran off to drag it out to see in person if she really was afraid of a plastic wagon. Their Dad said that was mean so they put it back.

!st grade started about one month ago. They are so excited about life that when they are waiting out front for their mom to come out to the car to take them to school, they drive their skateboard deals around. What do you call the skateboard that have a vertical pole and the little handles on it? That is what all three of them have. The red wagon belongs to their two year old sister.

They told me yesterday the lizard they captured...escaped. I bet their mom let it go when they went to bed! ha ha.

They are a riot! They are so happy and full of life. I wonder what they learn in 1st grade now a days.
sw

Postby Jeff » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Happiness
It is a good feeling

Happiness
It makes your stuffed animals and toys feel good

It is like a living good dream
When you’re asleep but you are not
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: barracuda

Postby barracuda » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:20 pm

sw wrote:Is the main one a potato head?

No, sw, that is actually the pre-breakage Humpty Dumpty happily accosting my daughter and a friend of hers during the course of their much-storied travels. But it's a girl Humpty. You can tell because she has bows on her shoes. I believe this incident involves the charging of some sort of toll and a subsequent shakedown, which the two ladies wound up evading in some wiley fashion.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

barracuda

Postby sw » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:35 am

That was priceless, barracuda!

Made me think of funny stories while playing games with my daughter when she was around six. We'd play the state guessing game all the times asking what state am I thinking of....

It was her turn and she said, state that starts with the letter "F". After she said no to Florida...we were all stumped. She was pleased that she had stumped us all. When we gave up...she said Firginia.

Same year we were playing the Clue game on Christmas morning. When the game was over and we had guessed who did it in which room with whatever tool...my daughter put the game back together and was taking it out to the trash. We asked why she was throwing it away, and she said, well we solved the game's question so we can't play it anymore.

Kids are so funny!
sw

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:34 am

I love this mystery.

wikipedia wrote:Results of studies

Sharpe and Van Gelder’s work has focused on flutings found in the French caves of Rouffignac, in the Dordogne, and Gargas in the Hautes Pyrenees. Using the above methods, they have shown:

- the involvement of young children aged 2-5 in Paleolithic ‘art’ and who may have been held up to do this;
- females and males created the ‘art’;
- a young girl created a commonly accepted symbol;
- the inadequacy of Claude Barrière and Breuil’s identification of fluted animals in Gargas Cave;
- two panels were efficient communication; and
- indications as to the fluter’s identity (in particular, distinguishing the flutings made by an individual fluter).

Interpretations

The lack of thorough studies, let alone methods for doing them, means speculation as to the meaning of flutings runs unchecked, even by the most well-known experts on prehistoric art. They are seen, for example, as representing such things as the first scribbles by humans, though intuitive and random but serpentines (Breuil); water related (Marshack); entopic shapes or phosphenes (Bednarik); huts, comets, or rivers, or linear-phallic and male symbols in the statistical placement of signs within a cave (Leroi-Gourhan); snakes (and thereby associated with death) (Barrière); psycho-neurological archetypes (Gallus); hunting marks (Barrière); shamanic ritual (Lewis-Williams). The corpus of Paleolithic flutings is too complex to fit into a single meaning paradigm. Too much in prehistoric ‘art’ does not conform to what modern people might see as figures and symbols, flutings offering an example. Investigators bring to their study and tie their methods to preconceived notions as to what is meaningful, what constitutes a pattern, and what they think is the origin of fluting making. No one now may ever know the meaning of the flutings and no one now should expect to know it.

That need not stop people responsibly offering meaning or intentionality hypotheses, Sharpe and Van Gelder state. But all such hypotheses must subject themselves to the data uncovered by investigations using methods such as those above.

Tracings of hands and finger flutings often show the dimensions of children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_flutings
brainpanhandler

Re: barracuda

Postby parel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 am

sw wrote: What do you call the skateboard that have a vertical pole and the little handles on it?

they make scooters nowadays that look like this. all metal, with very small wheels.

thanks for sharing your stories everyone... sure to bring a smile to one's face.
parel

Return to The Lounge & Member News