The comedy thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The comedy thread

Postby stefano » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:23 am

coffin_dodger » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:10 pm wrote:To 'touch cloth' - is English slang to need a poo-poo so badly that the 'turtles head' begins protruding from the arse, thus soiling the underwear. :rofl2 :thumbsup

Yeah, the title's a play on that and on A Touch of Frost, a more classic police procedural with old David Jason. The title more or less sets the tone of the show: it's half clever comment on TV cop dramas, using some subtle visual tricks sometimes, and half completely puerile humour delivered deadpan, which I quite enjoy, as part of me is apparently still 15 years old. Some great wanking jokes, my favourite so far:
Pathologist (about the victim of a gruesome murder): He was lying there, horrified, writhing on the bed watching his own life fluids splash against the wall.
Cloth: Usually best to try and catch it in a sock.
DC: [nods]

Great stuff.
stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Question_Everything » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Highly recommended by some random person on the Internet: the "Drunk History" series, "Trailer Park Boys," and anything involving Leon from "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
“Humankind cannot bear very much reality.” ― T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets
Question_Everything

Postby guruilla » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:55 am

Wasn't sure where to post this
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby Allegro » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 pm

norton ash » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:31 am wrote:So a guy walks into a bar one day and he can’t believe his eyes. There, in the corner, there’s this one-foot-tall man, in a little tuxedo, playing a tiny grand piano. ...
Good one!
Art will be the last bastion when all else fades away.
~ Timothy White (b 1952), American rock music journalist

Blog: View Blog (144)

Postby Elvis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:57 am

A guy is walking around the city and notices a penguin following him. Everywhere he goes, the penguin follows. Pretty soon a cop notices and says to the guy, "Hey what are you doing with that penguin?" The guys says, "I've never seen him before -- he's just been following me!" The cop says, "Well, take him to the zoo!"

Next day, the cop sees the man with the penguin at a bus stop. He shouts at the man, "I thought I told you to take the penguin to the zoo!"

Guy says, "I did take him to the zoo. Now I'm taking him to the history museum."
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby jingofever » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 am

A TOUCHING APPEAL.

Johnny Chinaman. "BOO-HOO! HE HURTEE ME WELLY MUCH! NO PEACEY MAN COME STOPPY HIM!"

From Punch, Or the London Charivari, November 17th 1894.
jingofever

Postby zangtang » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:32 am

which is hellish weird, because the fat sailor in the background, in 1894, - looks exactly like English comedian ( and accomplished pianist)

the late Les Dawson !
zangtang

Postby gnosticheresy_2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:42 am

zangtang » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:32 am wrote:which is hellish weird, because the fat sailor in the background, in 1894, - looks exactly like English comedian ( and accomplished pianist)

the late Les Dawson !

gnosticheresy_2

Postby coffin_dodger » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Been watching Trailer Park Boys and J-Roc is what I imagine Wombat to be like. :rofl2

coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:01 am

Can it also be the comedy magic thread?
As a longtime fan of this dude's unique character/style, was pleasantly surprised to meet him in the smoking area outside the Magic Castle last night.
He's always reminded of Robert Blake in Lost Highway but I recognized him even without the Make-up..

Tyler Rabbit

Postby chump » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:13 am

chump

Postby justdrew » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:57 am

wait 'til you hear about the episode of Flying Nun he wrote :rofl2
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby conniption » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 am

truth dig

Three Grandmas Smoke Weed for the First Time, Realize It’s Not So Bad

Posted on Nov 20, 2014

A group of grandmas who were too busy raising kids or drinking cocktails to get high on pot, are filmed during their first foray into recreational drug use. After trying a bong, vaporizer and tea, all rich in marijuana, the three women can’t keep themselves from laughing and making dirty jokes, all the while realizing the benefits of weed could be substantial.

But don’t worry—this incredibly hilarious video was filmed in the state of Washington, where recreational use of marijuana is legal.

Grandmas Smoking Weed for the First Time (Extended Cut)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBAZJ4lF0U

Published on Nov 19, 2014

We found three grandmas who had never smoked pot and gave them an opportunity to try it for the first time. Then we gave them snacks and had them play cards against humanity.
conniption

Postby conniption » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 am

The New World Order (RAP NEWS 30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4nSjPdT788
thejuicemedia

Published on Nov 29, 2014

The New World Order: They control the world's governments; THEY rule over all of us from the top of the pyramid. And WE are the victims. Right? Today we blow open the truth about the NWO in order to shed light on this widespread conspiracy which has frequently been invoked to explain the state of our world. Join intrepid host Robert Foster as he takes control of the lever of critical inquiry, alongside special guests Russell Brand, conspiracy guru Terrence Moonseed, and NWO representative William De Berg, in order to ask: who is the New World Order? And how can we stop it?

Warning: This episode of Rap News has been in the making since we started the show, 5 years ago. No punches will be pulled, no quarter will be given, and no depth will be left unplumbed on this arduous quest for the harsh truth. Welcome to the New World Order, bitches.
conniption

Postby stefano » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:21 am

conniption wrote:The New World Order (RAP NEWS 30)

Wow, that's great stuff! Thanks.
stefano

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie