How old are you?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

How old are you?

Postby lightningBugout » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:48 pm

I am 34.

And I fear that some of my assumptions are gonna get shattered starting....NOW.

ps. this is also the place to post photos of your pets.....

Last edited by lightningBugout on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Maddy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:23 am

44. I got ten on ya. :wink:

Edit:

Baha! My new dog, a Jack Russell rescued from a puppy-mill where she was being used as a breeder, and my therapy dog, another rescue, who is Jack (Russell)-Chi(huahua). I could hear them as I was trying to take this shot and get them near each other, "But Moooom! I hate her! Don't make me do this! Do we have to?!"

It has been a hellish night keeping two dominant Jacks apart. I predict many bouts of "quit mounting me!" "get out of my food!" "get away from my mom!" and general, "I'm the boss! No, I am!" for the next week until they get it figured out.

I'm anticipating the bed fight coming up very soon! LOL
Last edited by Maddy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Peregrine » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:11 am

31 :)
Peregrine

I'll play

Postby norton ash » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:57 am

47. Here's the dog!

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby norton ash » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 am

Looks like LBO's doggie and my Murph may be cousins...

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Nordic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:53 am

Wow, there are some really great looking dogs here! I'm not joking!

I love dogs. I'm a dog person. I get them and they get me. Strange dogs usually love me, even when they're not that friendly in general.

Sadly, I don't have one right now. I did have a fantastic dog for 15 years. On September 9, 2001, I made an appointment for the vet to come to my house and put her to sleep on September 11th.

When I woke up that morning and saw what was going on, well, I couldn't bear to put her down on that day, even though she was damn ready and couldn't give a fuck about what was going on. She was done.

But I waited a day and the next day they came and I kneeled down beside her in the lush green grass and felt her body utterly relax as they injected that into her. I felt happy for her, and glad that I could give her that release.

That's exactly how I want to go. When I'm ready. Have some pretty women in white coats come to the house, and give me a nice injection. Laying in the grass would be good, too, while it happens.

I'm 47.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby lightningBugout » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:58 am

Maddy wrote:44. I got ten on ya. :wink:

Edit:

Baha! My new dog, a Jack Russell rescued from a puppy-mill where she was being used as a breeder, and my therapy dog, another rescue, who is Jack (Russell)-Chi(huahua). I could hear them as I was trying to take this shot and get them near each other, "But Moooom! I hate her! Don't make me do this! Do we have to?!"

It has been a hellish night keeping two dominant Jacks apart. I predict many bouts of "quit mounting me!" "get out of my food!" "get away from my mom!" and general, "I'm the boss! No, I am!" for the next week until they get it figured out.

I'm anticipating the bed fight coming up very soon! LOL

Omg. so painfully cute Maddy. it literally hurts. give them a kiss from LBO, k?
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Postby stefano » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:17 am

Nice one, I've also been curious.

I'm 30. I only have plants at the moment.
stefano

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:45 am

29. This will probably be the most surprising thread in the history of RI. Or the shortest (a lot of healthy(?) paranoia round here).
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Maddy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:39 am

Awww all the doggies!

Yesterday, as I was going to pick up the JRT, I saw an old Golden Retriever walking along a country road. I couldn't believe someone dumped him, and he was really fat, so I think he just wandered. But I wanted to take him home, too! I could see that now, in my tiny little house. >.< I have to tell myself "no" about pets constantly, and have a hard time telling myself "no" even when it comes to getting my pets goodies.
Maddy

Postby barracuda » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am

I have a cat. A black cat. He looks like any other black cat. He adopted me when I was a stray. He could take all your dogs put together. He's fearless, and sleeps about twenty hours a day due to the lack of challenges in his life. He killed a possum once, and put it on the door step for me.

I don't care for dogs. Being set upon by them will do that to you.

I'm 3,742.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Maddy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 am

barracuda wrote:I'm 3,742.

Lies. You don't look a day over 2,698.
Maddy

Postby barracuda » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 am

Flattery will usually get you somewhere. But the truth is that the lie is to the other side.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Cordelia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:41 am

Three dogs (2 'belong' to my daughter) but no camera. One is a Shepherd/Pit Bull mix who was rescued starving and beaten up from too many fights. One is a rescued hound who was left alone for days while her owner was away (both are neurotic but very grateful animals) and the third is a 130+ still growing Bull Mastiff/Airedale cross who has suffered not a day in his life. (Also 5 cats including a one-eyed stray rescued from a McDonalds dumpster and also grateful).

Nordic wrote:But I waited a day and the next day they came and I kneeled down beside her in the lush green grass and felt her body utterly relax as they injected that into her. I felt happy for her, and glad that I could give her that release.

That's exactly how I want to go. When I'm ready. Have some pretty women in white coats come to the house, and give me a nice injection. Laying in the grass would be good, too, while it happens.

Beautiful! I agree (why don't people have this option?)

57 this week.........
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 am

You are only as old as [the woman*] you feel.

*Insert other gender or species according to taste.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News