Contemptible quotes from insufferable assholes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Contemptible quotes from insufferable assholes

Postby Allegro » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:06 am

Texas Governor, Rick Perry wrote:Fellow Americans,

Right now, America is in crisis: we have been besieged by financial debt, terrorism, and a multitude of natural disasters. As a nation, we must come together and call upon Jesus to guide us through unprecedented struggles, and thank Him for the blessings of freedom we so richly enjoy.

Some problems are beyond our power to solve, and according to the Book of Joel, Chapter 2, this historic hour demands a historic response. Therefore, on August 6, thousands will gather to pray for a historic breakthrough for our country and a renewed sense of moral purpose.

I sincerely hope you’ll join me in Houston on August 6th and take your place in Reliant Stadium with praying people asking God’s forgiveness, wisdom and provision for our state and nation. There is hope for America. It lies in heaven, and we will find it on our knees. [REFER The Response.] [REFER Rob Boston article.]
Art will be the last bastion when all else fades away.
~ Timothy White (b 1952), American rock music journalist

Blog: View Blog (144)

Postby norton ash » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Wikipedia

This section of the article is too long to read comfortably

I know it's an editor's note. I see this before sections of less than 1000 words. We can't have today's readers feeling... uncomfortable.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:22 pm

"This correspondence is your formal notice that should the video images not be removed from the internet and a written retraction relating to the scandalous remarks be received forthwith, that I anticipate being instructed to commence an action in the Superior Court of justice of [Province]. Significant damages and full legal costs will be sought."

-a lawyer in my town, representing a company in my town, referring to my interaction with my neighbours over a matter that concerned our welfare.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I do not play well with bullies.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 am

Former Murdoch Editor and Inflatable CNN Gasbag Piers Morgan wrote:“I don’t mind being wrongly smeared with all this #Hackgate stuff, I’d just rather it wasn’t done by liars, druggie ex-bankrupts and conmen,” the CNN interviewer said via Twitter. Then, later, “I’ll be making no further comment on this #Hackgate nonsense.”

If only my accusers had more class. Dreadful!

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 pm

I will assure you that services will not be cut, guaranteed

Candidate Rob Ford, October 2010

For years, our city has spent more money than it brings in. Instead of fixing the problem, we’ve kept passing the buck to “next year.” Well, next year has arrived.... If we are going to reduce spending… and ladies and gentlemen, we must reduce our spending… it only makes sense to take the time to figure out which things are “must haves” and which things are “nice to haves.”

Maytor Rob Ford, July 2011

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby norton ash » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:30 pm

National Treasure vs. Neocon Barbie.

Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Gouda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:37 am

“Wall Street is our Main Street — love ’em or hate ’em. They are important and we have to make sure we are doing everything we can to support them unless they are doing something indefensible.”

~ Kathryn S. Wylde, a member of the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, scolding NY Attorney General Schneiderman for bringing a lawsuit against Wall Street.
Gouda

Postby Jeff » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:06 pm

When I said "change we can believe in" I didn't say "change we can believe in tomorrow." Not change we can believe in next week.

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby jam.fuse » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 pm

JON MEACHAM 'homily for an Evensong in Commemoration of 9/11'

“A day like September 11 reminds us of the essential fragility of all things. We reacted as a great people, a people imbued with a moral sensibility and a passion for liberty and for order. You and I can argue about the details of the American response, about the tactics and the wars. But the power and the glory of this republic lie precisely there, in the freedom to argue and to grumble - and, ultimately, in the freedom to hope that our arguments, conducted within history, can shape history.

“The terrorists who brought war to this island a decade ago believed they were agents of God. They were not. They were - they are - agents of evil, driven by a will to power. It was the most extreme expression imaginable of the most ancient sin of all: the sin of pride, of believing you are not a subject of God’s but a god yourself. This is the perversion that cost us Eden. So it was that the terrorists of 9/11 were 21st-century serpents - lineal descendants of that first spineless snake who slithered through the garden. Love and remembrance: such is the legacy of September 11 and its aftermath. It is the same legacy, in fact, as Good Friday — a day of death that ultimately affirmed life.”

[Can you believe this shit?]
'I beat the Devil with a shovel so he dropped me another level' -- Redman
jam.fuse

Postby jingofever » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Brian Williams: Iraq war was an ‘elective war’.

More than seven years after the invasion of Iraq, NBC’s Brian Williams has decided that it was an “elective war.”

Williams told NBC’s Joe Scarborough Monday that he came to the conclusion during over the weekend during events observing the 10th year after the 9/11 attacks.

“Having listened to a lot of discussions on the war in Iraq at a lot of gatherings, I’ve settled on the word elective,” Williams explained. “It was an elective war on the part of [President] George W. Bush because none of those pilots [who carried out the 9/11 attacks] were Iraqi, because none of the people in those planes were Iraqi, and because as a wounded nation, we gave a president, in effect, a blank check.”

That Brian Williams is one sharp guy.
jingofever

Postby Simulist » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 am

Well, he does have a bit of a pointy head.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Nordic » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:12 pm

jingofever wrote:Brian Williams: Iraq war was an ‘elective war’.

More than seven years after the invasion of Iraq, NBC’s Brian Williams has decided that it was an “elective war.”

Williams told NBC’s Joe Scarborough Monday that he came to the conclusion during over the weekend during events observing the 10th year after the 9/11 attacks.

“Having listened to a lot of discussions on the war in Iraq at a lot of gatherings, I’ve settled on the word elective,” Williams explained. “It was an elective war on the part of [President] George W. Bush because none of those pilots [who carried out the 9/11 attacks] were Iraqi, because none of the people in those planes were Iraqi, and because as a wounded nation, we gave a president, in effect, a blank check.”

That Brian Williams is one sharp guy.

This is what we get from "journalists" these days. He's paid a lot of money to pretend to be one.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Jeff » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Wyclef Jean wrote:I have to tell you this: I am a huge fan of Sarah Palin. Cause she’s rad. She’s shrewd. She’s cool. Because at the end of the day, I’m for the people, because this is the United States of America...this is what America’s really about.

http://dlisted.com/2011/09/15/wyclef-je ... hould-talk
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am

yea you're right
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:57 pm

:hug1: :hug1: :hug1:
seemslikeadream wrote:yea you're right
:hug1: :hug1: :hug1:
Searcher08