Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Contemptible quotes from insufferable assholes

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Searcher08 wrote: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:
seemslikeadream wrote:yea you're right
:hug1: :hug1: :hug1:

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jeff » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Gouda » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 am

“Several of the exhibits to the rate application as well as the actuarial memorandum contain not only trade secrets as noted above, but esoteric actuarial pricing precepts best understood by fellow actuaries and health plan competitors. These documents, often speaking of concepts such as morbidity and anti-selection, could cause not only confusion, but also unnecessary alarm to the layman policyholder.”

-- Sean M. Doolan, a lawyer representing Excellus, Empire, Connecticut General, and Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan objecting to a NY State order to make insurance company filings public.

In Seeking Rate Increases in New York, Health Insurers Fight to Keep Secrets
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:18 am

Gouda

Postby Nordic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Bruce Dazzling posted this in the occupy wall street thread:

Quote:
Five Lessons 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters Could Learn About Finding a Job from 'I Love Lucy'
By Cal Thomas
Published October 16, 2011
FoxNews.com

This weekend TV-lovers everywhere will celebrate the diamond anniversary of "I Love Lucy." The iconic television show continues to entertain and even teach audiences a few life lessons 60 years after it was born.

In fact, "Lucy" offers several life lessons for the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters. Here are five lessons "Lucy" teaches all of us about how to find a job:

1) Have a sense of humor. Lucy didn't take herself too seriously and you shouldn't, either.

2) Take a job, any job. Lucy stomped on grapes, she worked in a chocolate factory and even tried to act as the spokesperson for "Vitameatavegimin."

3) Loyalty to something higher than yourself. Lucy was devoted to her husband and to her neighbors, the Mertzes

4) Live within your means. Lucy and Ricky were Middle Class in the '50s. Their little one-bedroom apartment was perfectly adequate for their needs.

5) Though she never succeeded in show business (her character, that is) she never stopped trying. That's a life lesson for the Wall Street protestors and every other American who seems to have forgotten that persistence, more than talent and education, wins the day.

So these people are LITERALLY living in a fantasy 50's world. Does Cal know that this was a TV show? It wasn't real?

"Go to Dallas and be an oilman! Don't you watch those people on "Dallas?" If they can do it, you can too!"
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Nordic wrote:5) Though she never succeeded in show business (her character, that is) she never stopped trying. That's a life lesson for the Wall Street protestors and every other American who seems to have forgotten that persistence... wins the day.

I thought that was exactly the message to take from Occupy Wall Street. If it had only lasted an afternoon it would've been ignored, or comfortably mocked. But persistence... wins the day.

Nordic wrote:So these people are LITERALLY living in a fantasy 50's world. Does Cal know that this was a TV show? It wasn't real?

"Go to Dallas and be an oilman! Don't you watch those people on "Dallas?" If they can do it, you can too!"

I'm seeing this delusional attitude everywhere now. There are an embarassing number of Interenet (Rightist) Libertarians who seriously believe they are Daniel Plainview - self-made men who achieved by the sweat of their brow - just because they have a couple of spare computers set up to "mine" Bitcoins on the side while they play World of Warcraft. They forget the bit where Plainview was clearly shown to be a miserable sociopath who felt barely an ounce of happiness in his entire life.

Edwina Currie, the former Conservative Party junior Health Minister (long recognised as an insufferable asshole) has recently confirmed that she is one. Sadly I can't embed the video/audio, it has to be clicked at the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15336931

She says this while food charities are being stretched to breaking point by ordinary families who can't afford the basics, and hungry jobseekers are being referred to soup kitchens because they can't afford to eat on what they recieve.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Simulist » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Nordic wrote:Bruce Dazzling posted this in the occupy wall street thread:

Quote:
Five Lessons 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters Could Learn About Finding a Job from 'I Love Lucy'
By Cal Thomas
Published October 16, 2011
FoxNews.com

This weekend TV-lovers everywhere will celebrate the diamond anniversary of "I Love Lucy." The iconic television show continues to entertain and even teach audiences a few life lessons 60 years after it was born.

In fact, "Lucy" offers several life lessons for the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters. Here are five lessons "Lucy" teaches all of us about how to find a job:

1) Have a sense of humor. Lucy didn't take herself too seriously and you shouldn't, either.

2) Take a job, any job. Lucy stomped on grapes, she worked in a chocolate factory and even tried to act as the spokesperson for "Vitameatavegimin."

3) Loyalty to something higher than yourself. Lucy was devoted to her husband and to her neighbors, the Mertzes

4) Live within your means. Lucy and Ricky were Middle Class in the '50s. Their little one-bedroom apartment was perfectly adequate for their needs.

5) Though she never succeeded in show business (her character, that is) she never stopped trying. That's a life lesson for the Wall Street protestors and every other American who seems to have forgotten that persistence, more than talent and education, wins the day.

So these people are LITERALLY living in a fantasy 50's world. Does Cal know that this was a TV show? It wasn't real?

Given his obvious state of mental health, Cal Thomas probably already considers himself an "oilman." After all:

(A) Bobby Ewing took a shower on Dallas; Cal Thomas once had a shower in Dallas, ergo: "oilman."

(B) Vaseline is made from oil; Cal Thomas frequently uses Vaseline, ergo: "oilman."

What a wanker.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:36 pm

posting.php?mode=edit&f=8&p=430557

“Who do you think pays the taxes?” said one longtime money manager. “Financial services are one of the last things we do in this country and do it well. Let’s embrace it. If you want to keep having jobs outsourced, keep attacking financial services. This is just disgruntled people.”

He added that he was disappointed that members of Congress from New York, especially Senator Charles E. Schumer and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, had not come out swinging for an industry that donates heavily to their campaigns. “They need to understand who their constituency is,” he said.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Re: Gadhafi

Postby Gouda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 am

--Shashank Joshi, associate fellow at the venerable Royal United Services Institute (London) said
that while the revolutionaries may have wanted [Gadhafi] alive, "a trial would have been an opportunity for him to grandstand. So in some ways, his death is more cathartic."
Gouda

Postby Jeff » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:18 am

Given the perverted reaction of the Western press and leadership it should be: "He died, we saw, we came."

A strange no-fly zone that was.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Aurataur » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:55 pm

"I am very pleased with the way things went," interim Police Chief Howard Jordan said at a news conference. "In the end, I think we allowed people to exercise their rights to free speech and free assembly."

Source

This is what Oakland's Police Chief had to say after raiding the Occupy Oakland encampment with several hundred officers in riot gear from 10 different law enforcement agencies utilizing tear gas, rubber bullets, and possibly even sound cannons.
Aurataur

Postby Laodicean » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:13 pm

You … bitches! Don’t you f--king know? I’m Rob f--king Ford, the mayor of this city!

After being attacked in my driveway, I hope I can be excused for saying the f-word. I never called anyone any names.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s ... -call.html
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:30 pm

What I learned in my time as prime minister is that those that shout loudest don’t necessarily need to be heard the most

This asshole
Jeff
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News