So why'd you choose your username, anyway?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: So why'd you choose your username, anyway?

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Fucked if I know. Prolly the same geek's compulsive search for cool that spawned "Bruce Dazzling." Snap decision 11 years ago. I used "Riddler Duck" on flyers briefly back in the 80s, with a self-drawn pic of Daffy smoking. Cos he quacks the questions, see? Brought Jack R over here from DU in '08. Just hit 20K on DU. Kill me, please.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby IanEye » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 am

&

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby NeonLX » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:23 pm

America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby conniption » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 am

A CAR?
A F*cking CAR?
Well pardon me for not realizing, NeonLX is a CAR!

"Re: So why'd you choose your username, anyway?"

Because.
conniption

Postby NeonLX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am

Heh. Not just *any* car, mind you. :)

Actually, I sold it to a college student last year. I was only putting on about 500 miles/year anyway. Why pay the insurance for something that was sitting in the garage most of the time?
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby peartreed » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm

“peartreed” is a condition my surname finds itself in annually, at Christmas, on the first day of twelve.
peartreed

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:48 pm

The commenter is right; the Picasso one is funnier

cptmarginal

Postby NeonLX » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 am

I'm thinking about re-subscribing with the new username of "Mundane Dude".
NeonLX

Postby Elvis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 am

A rather snap decision when I joined, "Elvis" was short, simple, easy (for me) to remember, and light-hearted, with a nod to "Elvis sightings" and such. I like Elvis Presley's music just fine but I'm not a worshippful Elvis fan or anything, it's just a fun name.

In choosing that name, however, I violated my own suggestion regarding user names: don't use common words or names that might be confusing in written exchanges. Oh well, quickly-made choice, I'm living with it. If I could do it over, maybe I'd add something to "Elvis"..."Elvis Something"... or something.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:43 pm

I chose it because I felt very old at the time. I still do - but to a lesser extent - so I'm thinking of changing it to something that reflects me now. RI is the only place I post nowadays. Anyone got any suggestions?
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:32 pm

coffin_dodger » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:43 pm wrote:I chose it because I felt very old at the time. I still do - but to a lesser extent - so I'm thinking of changing it to something that reflects me now. RI is the only place I post nowadays. Anyone got any suggestions?

Whippersnapper?

The Prodigy?

Born [or Björn] Again?

I, Precocious?

... but, personally, I would mourn the passing of coffin_dodger.

We're the young generation
And we've got something to say.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks, Mac - "I, Precocious" is my fave. I'll leave it as coffin_dodger though, seeing as you prefer it. :sun:
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:53 am

I could've sworn I answered this question in this very thread a few years ago when I was more active, but I didn't see it, so I'll play. If I hadn't already revealed much more substantial personal information on this site I might be concerned about it leading to my identity. But hell, I'm sure the NSA already knows and anyone else who really cares to find me IRL probably can, so fuck it.

I came up with the name Mental Kung Fu as the title for a column I wrote in the student newspaper while attending college. I picked it as a way to describe the way I think, feeling (perhaps arrogantly) that I was doing some mental martial arts while my peers were just doing pro-wrestling maneuvers. It morphed into Mental Gong Fu later after I discovered it was an alternate English transliteration that seemed a better fit. I used the gong fu variation for a blog that I long ago left to the tumbleweeds. Like several others, the 2 was added after the board switched over and I had difficulty resurrecting my old account.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News