Drugs....

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Drugs....

Postby lucky » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 am

I would imagine that a fair few of RI er's have at the very least smoked a little weed. I have done a whole variety of drugs and have been on and of of heroin for 25 years. I enjoyed the rave scene in london in 88-93 taking copious quantities of MDMA and a slightly lesser amount of acid. Recently after reading up alot on DMT over the years and deciding that I would like to try it a friend out of the blue said he happened to have some and gave me about 1/2g enough for quite a few trips. The stuff is amazing, just one large toke and you get halucinations with your eyes open (similar to acid or shrooms) but with your eyes closed....whooooaaoo its hyperspace with fractals, intricate pattens, amazing colours then after 10mins or so your back to normal. I have not taken a 'breakthrough' dose yet (when you get to see the machine elves and experience ego loss etc as im a little scared.

I suppose the reason for this post is to see if there are any other fellow psyconauts here who would like to share their experiences.
Lucky
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Drugs....

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:55 am

A 'friend of mine' was into MDMA when it was still legal and being used in West Coast psychotherapy. He had that along with 'Spectrum' (2-CB).
The idea of dancing or partying during the experience was totally bizarre
Years later he found that dancing while doing a shamanic breathing pattern in time with the music reliably produced a heart-opening and group consciousness when done with a couple of thousand ravers :) at a Return To The Source new years party :))

Have you ever done Ibogaine?
I would really like to do that - am very curious about it's initiatory capabilities.

That and DMT are the only things that draw me these days.

'My friend' was into K when it first came out, again before it was illegal. There was a book called 'Journeys into The Bright World' which was a bible for people into that arena. John Lilly described K as 'busting the cosmic speed limit' which I thought was a brilliantly apt description. The effect on the human energy system is like over-clocking a PC.

He smoked weed for a while, not for years. Doesn't miss it.
Searcher08

drug back & forth through water

Postby IanEye » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 pm

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby undead » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 pm

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:55 am

edited humble apologies to all
Last edited by Hammer of Los on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer of Los

Postby lucky » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:07 am

Searcher08 wrote:A 'friend of mine' was into MDMA when it was still legal and being used in West Coast psychotherapy. He had that along with 'Spectrum' (2-CB).
Years later he found that dancing while doing a shamanic breathing pattern in time with the music reliably produced a heart-opening and group consciousness when done with a couple of thousand ravers :) at a Return To The Source new years party :))

I would really like to do that - am very curious about it's initiatory capabilities.

'My friend' was into K when it first came out, again before it was illegal. There was a book called 'Journeys into The Bright World' which was a bible for people into that arena. John Lilly described K as 'busting the cosmic speed limit' which I thought was a brilliantly apt description. The effect on the human energy system is like over-clocking a PC.

IBogaine - no but I know a number of folk who have , some to detox from heroin (it doesnt seem to be the wonder drug for that purpose that its been built up for) K - yes tried that a couple of times and it isnt for me to fucking weird its the whole dissacociate thing that freaked me out - I spent an hour 'living in my pint of beer' just staring an inch from the top of the glass at the bubbles, totally wasted with no balance....and people do it for pleasure?
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 am

Totally wasted with no balance!?

Do NOT waste your GOD-GIVEN talents!

You MUST retain your BALANCE!

Now, is that a koan or a haiku? I DON'T KNOW either! But I do work hard to REALISE my talents, and I do have rather good BALANCE!

:lol:
Hammer of Los

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 am

duplicate
Last edited by Searcher08 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Searcher08

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:09 am

lucky wrote:
Searcher08 wrote:A 'friend of mine' was into MDMA when it was still legal and being used in West Coast psychotherapy. He had that along with 'Spectrum' (2-CB).

IBogaine - no but I know a number of folk who have , some to detox from heroin (it doesnt seem to be the wonder drug for that purpose that its been built up for) K - yes tried that a couple of times and it isnt for me to fucking weird its the whole dissacociate thing that freaked me out - I spent an hour 'living in my pint of beer' just staring an inch from the top of the glass at the bubbles, totally wasted with no balance....and people do it for pleasure?

I have seen vids of people who have used Ibogaine as part of an initiation ceremony; there was a shamanic woman in Holland who would guide people - it seemed very important to do it in the proper context, as it really is an ordeal.

Would love to go to Gabon - Spirit willing, I will
Searcher08

Postby lucky » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:..
Totally wasted with no balance!?

Do NOT waste your GOD-GIVEN talents!

You MUST retain your BALANCE!

Now, is that a koan or a haiku? I DON'T KNOW either! But I do work hard to REALISE my talents, and I do have rather good BALANCE!

:lol:

balance in my genes - my great great grandfather was Blondin
Talents? - i compose music and draw/paint abstract art - I just need to get that 1st novel out to make some money and live the life of an artist.
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby Simulist » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:54 pm

I must confess that I once tried harmful drugs. At one time I was prescribed Prozac, then Zoloft; being dutifully obedient at the time (Oh, the huMANity!), I took them as written. Perceptual abnormalities abounded: they both made a 3-D world feel flat and uninteresting.

Turns out that being depressed at the time was a normal response to what I was going through back then. Once I got off the drugs, I coped with the problem.

Never have chosen to try pot though, or any illegal drug. I hope to though someday.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby justdrew » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 pm

anyone ever done Salvia Divinorum?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:26 pm

justdrew wrote:anyone ever done Salvia Divinorum?

Yessir, a handful of times. Very potent, very powerful. The first time I got off on it -- after taking more than just a small hit - i was no longer present in my living room, but in a place where two ghosts, cartoonish in nature, were sawing me in half with a circular saw made out of bone, as I looked on frozen with fear. after i came out of it, i could feel a warmth in the place that they had been cutting me.

a bunch of idiot kids on youtube ruined for all of us as its now illegal in many states, including the place I live.
Six Hits of Sunshine

Postby justdrew » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Six Hits of Sunshine wrote:

Yessir, a handful of times. Very potent, very powerful. The first time I got off on it -- after taking more than just a small hit - i was no longer present in my living room, but in a place where two ghosts, cartoonish in nature, were sawing me in half with a circular saw made out of bone, as I looked on frozen with fear. after i came out of it, i could feel a warmth in the place that they had been cutting me.

a bunch of idiot kids on youtube ruined for all of us as its now illegal in many states, including the place I live.

what was the duration like? and how long after "returning" did you feel more or less "normal"
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 pm

justdrew wrote:
Six Hits of Sunshine wrote:

what was the duration like? and how long after "returning" did you feel more or less "normal"

The duration was probably 1 - 2 minutes for the very powerful peak where I left this reality, so to speak. It was probably another 5- 10 minutes before the warm sensation where I had been "cut" went away. The best thing about salvia is the feeling of contentedness and almost euphoria I feel after the initial trip. That usually lasts 30 minutes or so, I'm not sure if this is a physical effect of the drug or just a psychological by-product of coming out of an often terrifying ordeal unharmed. It's hard to gauge how long it took to return to normal, because I took multiple trips on each occasion, each followed by a period of contentedness and reflection on what I had experienced. I would say leave an entire evening to explore it, but you could probably take a large dose and be fine to go about your business within an hour or so, although you probably won't want to! It's definitely not a commitment in time and body like LSD or mushrooms or even marijuana.
Six Hits of Sunshine

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News