Drugs....

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Drugs....

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:59 pm

ps - I would say that no matter what you should have a friend or friends with you and you will be able to take turns being a support or guides for one another if shit gets too intense. If done properly, there will be a minute or two where you appear catatonic, so this is not a social drug by any means and should be done in a place where you will be able to hang out for sometime if need be.

Also, make sure you look at the potency of the shit you are buying. This will be very important and will effect the power of your experience. I smoked a very powerful potency (20x?) the first few times and just a few pinches of the shit lasted me weeks, whereas later on a friend had some very light stuff, potency wise, (5x?) and 3 of us went through a large bag of it in one evening.

either way its a very intense experience and I would block out a good amount of time for it.

edit - see previous page for my initial response to you, jd.
Six Hits of Sunshine

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 am

Perhaps, this may be apt..
Using LSD to Imprint the
Tibetan-Buddhist Experience
by Dr. Timothy Leary, Ph.D.
A Guide to Successful Psychedelic Experience

http://deoxy.org/l_impgui.htm

Planning a Session
Preparation
Some Practical Recommendations
The Setting
The Psychedelic Guide
The Period of Ego Loss or Non-Game Ecstasy

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby wordspeak2 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Yay, drug thread. My only objection is that I don't call entheogens "drugs." Like Terence McKenna, I prefer to keep that term "drugs" to harmful things such as alcohol and stimulants, making a clear distinction. Entheogens have divine spiritual purpose, and cannabis is one. But I personally took way, way too many of them- especially acid- in a short period of time, so I'm currently biting my tongue and focusing strictly on weed/healing. But weed itself can be totally profound.

I think all psychedelics have something to offer, but imo where we really, truly need serious explorers (serious, but with a light heart) is the deep realms of "hyperspace" that are accessible in very, very deep mushroom trips or through DMT/ayahuasca. I dedicated a year or so of my life to DMT, and, though I'm on a break now, that exploration is what I plan to dedicate my life to. I've written about it on RI before, but since it doesn't translate well to language I'm not going to bother with a half-ass attempt. Someday I will, I imagine. The DMT/mushroom is completely, completely unique, though. The most important thing coming out of hundreds of DMT experiences was the crystal clear intuitive sense that in this stuff lies *the answer.* FOLLOW THIS SHIT. Be an explorer. In here lies the solution to humanity's psychosis, if we dare to follow our boldest dreams. But to be a fruitful traveler of hyperspace one must be clear and conscious as a holistic person- re diet, addictions aside, clear mind/meditation. Even a surface-level DMT trip can be the most profound thing we've ever seen, but it goes a million times deeper and wilder; we have no basis, really, for comprehending it. It's the ride of your life, and we desperately need explorers. The tidbit I've been working with- after working with diet for a long time- is that DMT loves cannabis. Cannabis is the cousin. Work with that humble plant in order to create the proper "set and setting" for DMT exploration. If you do travel through hyperspace- don't worry much about trying to understand it, or certainly not trying to explain it. First just learn to listen and experience. Practice non-interference, and the answer- or whatever you might call it, the path- reveals itself. There's a totally unmistakeable experience of encountering an "Other" entity wholly distinct from this dimension. No one has a fucking clue what this entity or dimension is or from where it comes, but it seems to be at the nexus of the deepest mysteries, and in my experience it is 100% our "friend."
wordspeak2

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Very cool post, wordspeak2. I've not had an experience with DMT....yet. I am always keeping my eyes open, but generally don't know anyone who would even know where to procure it.

Can you say more about your experiences with marijuana? Marijuana is such an interesting drug to me. Sometimes it sits quite well with me and I have amazing insights under its influence, but most of the time I get extremely paranoid and I tend to fix and freeze my thoughts in a way that they become "hyper-real". That is, I can't penetrate my thoughts and see them for what they are, just a fleeting play of mind.

Anyway, I love weed but find that my bad experiences outweigh my good ones.
Six Hits of Sunshine

Postby lucky » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:47 pm

I suppose i used the term drugs in the meaning of altering ones brain function - just semantics. I to have taken many 'drugs' in my life and now as i reach the end of my 40's I have discovered DMT and it is a completely different kettle of fish. Mind blowing in its intensity but it shows you how immense, beautiful and interconnected everything is all in about 5 minutes - you really ought to try it if given the opportunity, words do not do it justice. It is a very special molecule that is found in many many plants and animals including (although not completely verified released from the pineal gland in the human brain)

interesting you mention cannabis - i havent smoked any for years now, Im afraid the only thing i take regulary is heroin and methadone to ensure i dont get a heroin habit again and some valium every few days with some wine. But since starting on dmt about 2-3 weeks ago and having about 6 or so trips i know this is something that i will explore for as long as it takes before it tells me to take a break from it
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby lucky » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Six Hits of Sunshine wrote:Very cool post, wordspeak2. I've not had an experience with DMT....yet. I am always keeping my eyes open, but generally don't know anyone who would even know where to procure it.

Can you say more about your experiences with marijuana? Marijuana is such an interesting drug to me. Sometimes it sits quite well with me and I have amazing insights under its influence, but most of the time I get extremely paranoid and I tend to fix and freeze my thoughts in a way that they become "hyper-real". That is, I can't penetrate my thoughts and see them for what they are, just a fleeting play of mind.

Anyway, I love weed but find that my bad experiences outweigh my good ones.

I think its hard to get unless your in the 'scene' but its very easy to extract- starting with mimosa hostilis root bark all you need is sodium hydroxide and napha and the the technique, lots on the web a good site dmt nexus has lots of info.
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby undead » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Six Hits of Sunshine wrote:ps - I would say that no matter what you should have a friend or friends with you and you will be able to take turns being a support or guides for one another if shit gets too intense. If done properly, there will be a minute or two where you appear catatonic, so this is not a social drug by any means and should be done in a place where you will be able to hang out for sometime if need be.

Salvia extract is explosive stuff. It is important to have a sitter, because many times there is a reaction to just get up a run before you are completely back. Basically you get nervous that you are not connected to your body and try to move in order to feel your physical body and anchor yourself. Don't smoke Savlia on a rooftop! I have seen many people react this way. I think that the smoked extract is not the best - there is a sensation of pins and needles that is not very pleasant. One friend took it in tincture form, and said that is was much smoother and enjoyable. You could also try making tea or chewing the leaves, which is what the natives do.

That being said, Salvinorin A is basically just as potent as DMT, but in a dis-associative way that makes it difficult to remember what happened. Recommended for only the most experienced hallucinogen takers who are doing it for the sheer curiosity.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby wordspeak2 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Yeah, salvia isn't something I've delved into much, except once very long ago. I suppose I shall out of curiosity at some point.

Pot is absolutely a "stealth psychedelic" (to again quote McKenna). Sorry about your paranoia, 6 Hits. I wonder why. Were you under the influence of caffeine or alcohol? Pot tends to bring out whatever emotions are going on just below the surface... it may just be showing you the "paranoia" that you need to see. Either that, or it's the weed you're getting. The great thing about this medical marijuana movement is that it's really given a lift to the cannabis cultivation world. There are so many amazing strains out there now, if you can get your hands on them (easy if you live in California or Colorado, know people who do, or, of course, if you're just well-connected). I've been smoking something called Blue Dream, a hybrid strain that embodies what cannabis cultivation has become, blending sativas (trippy, cerebral high) with indicas (stony, relaxing). It's fascinating how different strains produce such a different effects, but, like with all entheogenic substances, the primary determinant in how it goes is set and setting, which basically amounts to what's already going on in your mind. If you haven't gotten high in years I really recommend smoking some strong sativa on a *totally clear head,* free of caffeine and alcohol. People often hit places they had know idea about, even though maybe they were potheads ten years previous. I took so many psychedelics that I have a very intense permanent trip going on... cannabis is the thing that clears up my consciousness and allows me to see what's going on. I can even touch the edges of DMT hyperspace just with cannabis. And I'm just at the very beginning of learning how to do this. At this point I'm a huge advocate for pure earth substances. Semi-synthetic psychedelics like acid and MDMA are good things, but my mistake in my own path was getting seduced too heavily by them and missing the more simple if perhaps less sexy spirituality of weed. Weed is the most profound holistic healer. It brings happiness and wisdom and very gently gives insight into consciousness. And it teaches moderation and simplicity. If your head is in a clear place, you should really only need a few hits, if that. I find less to be more when it comes to herb. You smoke as much and as little as you need, and it's totally natural. In cultivating a relationship with this plant we learn so many more lessons about moderation and fulfillment/enlightenment/enjoyment/clarity, so much beyond words. It teaches us to listen and be humble; it brings us to nature. Weed is the religion of the masses. It connects us both to each other as people and to the earth. As such it's a serious threat to the fascist, patriarchal system we live under. That's why the feds are freaking out right now about medical marijuana; they know it cuts at the foundation of their evil system.

DMT- I have a gazillion dollars for anyone who can explain *what the fuck* it is, where it comes from, specifically where the insanely mind-blowing images come from, etc. No one knows, yet this stuff is endogenous in our brains, and is found ubiquitously in nature. Perhaps it's some sort of communication medium for all existence, like the universe's DNA or something. For some reason when we take it in we're transported to what seems to be another dimension. I'm living with the reality that this "dimension" is completely real. McKenna hypothesized that DMT has something to do with the creation of a "new language," which is why it's nearly impossible to talk about it in our current, extremely limited language. The one thing I can say in this language is that if you rip through the matrix cellophane into DMT world you come out with the unspeakable but undeniable visceral truth that *anything is possible.*
It seems to be an entity, or a collection of entities- or something like that. I have no clue if it's extraterrestrial in origin, but what's unmistakeable from my perspective is one thing- it's trying to communicate with us. We need egoless explorers to go and work- listen, communicate, become the thing, DO IT- directly on the surface plane of hyperspace and not worry about how it translates when you come back. That's what's up- the direct experience- that's what'll change the world.
And apparently it's quite easy to extract from mimosa hostilis bark; you can learn online. The key to smoking DMT is following the specific method, which is vaporizing it and holding 2-3 hits for as long as you possibly can. A lot of people don't break through into hyperspace just because they don't smoke it right. Either that or they're on some other anti-psychedelic drug like alcohol or sugar. But more and more people are starting to break through, though we're still at our absolute collective infancy (if that).
Ayahuasca in an indigenous Amazonian setting I have yet to do, though I will. It's apparently more navigable, given the much longer duration of the experience.
wordspeak2

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:16 pm

wordspeak2 wrote:Yeah, salvia isn't something I've delved into much, except once very long ago. I suppose I shall out of curiosity at some point.

Pot is absolutely a "stealth psychedelic" (to again quote McKenna). Sorry about your paranoia, 6 Hits. I wonder why. Were you under the influence of caffeine or alcohol? Pot tends to bring out whatever emotions are going on just below the surface... it may just be showing you the "paranoia" that you need to see. Either that, or it's the weed you're getting. The great thing about this medical marijuana movement is that it's really given a lift to the cannabis cultivation world. There are so many amazing strains out there now, if you can get your hands on them (easy if you live in California or Colorado, know people who do, or, of course, if you're just well-connected). I've been smoking something called Blue Dream, a hybrid strain that embodies what cannabis cultivation has become, blending sativas (trippy, cerebral high) with indicas (stony, relaxing). It's fascinating how different strains produce such a different effects, but, like with all entheogenic substances, the primary determinant in how it goes is set and setting, which basically amounts to what's already going on in your mind. If you haven't gotten high in years I really recommend smoking some strong sativa on a *totally clear head,* free of caffeine and alcohol. People often hit places they had know idea about, even though maybe they were potheads ten years previous. I took so many psychedelics that I have a very intense permanent trip going on... cannabis is the thing that clears up my consciousness and allows me to see what's going on. I can even touch the edges of DMT hyperspace just with cannabis. And I'm just at the very beginning of learning how to do this. At this point I'm a huge advocate for pure earth substances. Semi-synthetic psychedelics like acid and MDMA are good things, but my mistake in my own path was getting seduced too heavily by them and missing the more simple if perhaps less sexy spirituality of weed. Weed is the most profound holistic healer. It brings happiness and wisdom and very gently gives insight into consciousness. And it teaches moderation and simplicity. If your head is in a clear place, you should really only need a few hits, if that. I find less to be more when it comes to herb. You smoke as much and as little as you need, and it's totally natural. In cultivating a relationship with this plant we learn so many more lessons about moderation and fulfillment/enlightenment/enjoyment/clarity, so much beyond words. It teaches us to listen and be humble; it brings us to nature. Weed is the religion of the masses. It connects us both to each other as people and to the earth. As such it's a serious threat to the fascist, patriarchal system we live under. That's why the feds are freaking out right now about medical marijuana; they know it cuts at the foundation of their evil system.

Yeah pot is a wonderful drug in a lot of ways, I just can't see how people use it to treat anxiety. Certainly if I feel anxiety or paranoia or its just below the surface then I have quite a miserable experience. Although, its not to say that I don't gain something from it. To paraphrase McKenna, its not necessarily so bad to have a bad trip when we see clearly see how we treat others or our other fucked up habitual patterns.

Alot of times I find I prefer to use alcohol to stabilize the experience when it gets too out of control. I think they compliment each other well in some ways. Anyway, thank you for your insights.
Six Hits of Sunshine

Postby lucky » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 am

One of the reasons I stopped smoking weed was it made me anxious and paranoid - though that was probably to do with the skunk that now seems to dominate the dope scene , give me a nice hit of thai,columbian,or some nice indian hash and its a different ball game but in the UK it appears its skunk or nothing ,unless your 'in the scene' I suppose - the Dutch have the best selection in the coffee shops but Im a bit long in the tooth to go there and tbh i dont miss smoking - in fact the only time i partake is when i make my yearly trip to Glastonbury to see my boyhood friends and the setting is perfect.
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby lucky » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 am

I thought I would resurect this thread for no other reason than to thank the person who gave me my DMT (it is very rarely sold, people either extract it or give it to friends - all part of the ritual i suppose given the intensity of the experience) My friend who I knew only online - for many years, unfortunately we were separarted by the atlantic and 3000m of land mass - was suffering from a muliple number of conditions and was in alot of pain, he decided the time was right to go and with his BF beside him he fell in to the ultimate sleep.
I hope one day to see some escence of him when I next smoke some of this powerful medicine.

Thanks Durt.

Meanwhile I have been taking mainly opiates although on a trip to Eygypt I did get some wonderful Hash that was grown and made no more than 50 miles from where I stayed. Beautifully fresh with no added ingredients (the UK hash is terrible in the main - cut with henna, mango juice, engine oil, mud....etc) I spent a night in the moutains with the Bedouin smoked some hash and layed back looking at 1000's of stars, the milky way, staurn, mars it was majestic, even saw the rings through a small telescope.
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby wordspeak2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Now that sounds lovely, lucky, the hash. What appeals to you about opiates? Curious. And so have you tried that DMT? You know to vaporize it, yes? Take humongous hits; hold them as long as you can. Don't hold back...,

I've been fortunate to have some profound and life-altering experiences with pure MDMA and MDA (its close cousin, more psychedelic) recently. This stuff is *the shit* for changing lives, re-birthing, opening up to the world. A friend of mine is three weeks out of alcoholism after almost 25 years by using MDMA. With MDMA she has zero interest in drinking or even cigarettes. I'm completely confident that she won't go back (however, she still drinks coffee, so she's not actually having a full psychedelic experience). But what strikes me about MDMA is how incredibly clean and healthy-filling it is. It has to be the purest light energy I've ever experienced. What an epic tragedy that most people have no clue what it is, due to a media smear campaign against it on top of the fact that the vast majority of "ecstasy" pills are dirty, so people don't get the full experience. I'm currently working on some writing on the topic, aimed to confront this widespread misinformation that MDMA is "neurotoxic" and causes you to be depressed for days afterwards. It does exactly the opposite. I've not found one person out here who hasn't been positively affected by it, sometimes in life-changing ways. Yet so many people are afraid to touch it, because they heard something... meanwhile, they keep binge drinking. If only people knew we're all a half step away from nirvana... shit would change fast.
wordspeak2

Postby lucky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm

I did alot of mdma between 87-92 when it was storng and pure - and it was the most wonderful experience especially at a rave when 1000's would be on the same buzz - really beautiful and the afterglow would last for days BUT there too much of a good thing and this drug should be taken at longer intervels than a week and in not so big doses , as I found out.
BUT during that period i had no interest in smack or booze so some good came of it. people tend to blame the drug for the feelings of lethargy, depression etc and forget that they have been up for 2-3 nights dancing with no sleep and little food.
And yes i have smoked the DMT a number of times and found it extrodinairy and the experience unable to capture in words.
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby wordspeak2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Lucky, I'm very interested in correcting misconceptions about MDMA out there. You say it shouldn't be taken more than once a week or in large doses... it's very popular to believe that MDMA shouldn't be taken more than every month or two (but drink beer and coffee every day- that's fine)... I'm wondering what your experiences were that lead you to say that. Did it burn you out? Clean stuff? Because I've personally gone through periods of taking it just about every single day, and I feel *spectacular.* But I don't drink coffee or alcohol or eat any processed foods. Any of that and I feel like total shit. But I'm curious if I'm somehow an exceptional case. I tend to seriously doubt that there's anything unique about me, but I wonder what other factors are involved. One would be the obvious- dirty rolls. Most people get stuff tainted with meth or coke or who knows what- hence the "comedown" and "depression." Pure MDMA or MDA has no comedown or depression associated with it, none that I've found, nor any of a number of friends. On the other point, though, I agree: It's really ideal to only take a standard.1 gram dose, possibly a double, but not some massive binge. That may be what messes people up. Taking six less-than-perfectly-clean rolls in a night then dancing and staying up all night, probably smoking cigarettes and shit, and doing that over and over- yes, that'll burn your shit out. But it has nothing to do with MDMA. I take in peace and quiet and meditate and write and read, and I feel none of these supposedly associated symptoms. But I feel like I'm living in bizarro world, because even in pro-psychedelic forums the prevailing opinion is *don't take lots of MDMA! You'll burn out your serotonin; could be permanent.* It's ironic, because I find it's the one drug you *can* take very often and be great. More hard-core psychedelics- no. I've looked at the studies, though, and the worst of it seems to show about a 5-7% serotonin deficiency in long-term users over the course of years, but, notably, all the studies have shown that if people stopped for even a few weeks, serotonin recovery is complete. So what did you experience after a lot of regular use?
wordspeak2

Postby lucky » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 pm

it does burn out your serotonin rapidly over prolonged use inc evryday for periods you talked about.It also builds up a tollerance so if you were taking it everyday you would need to take more each day to reach the same 'high'. I use to suffer sleep paralysis (which i use to enjoy -kind of -after a while, muscle twitching days /weeks afterwards and once after a long binge 6-7 days with a couple of breaks a night of 'brain zaps; which was frigtning and scary.
I waqs getting pure mdma (most of the time)
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News