I am currently watching television programmes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I am currently watching television programmes

Postby chump » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Learn how to lie with a smile!

"Going Clear... premiered last night on HBO, and I discovered it to be a microscope into cults, and (potentially) a microcosm of the NWO. For instance, the hand meter used during "auditing" is akin to videogames and i-phones...
chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:00 am

I subscribe to streaming Amazon and was excited to see all these older HBO shows to be made available.

Do I started watching Boardwalk Empire.

Got hooked. Made it to the end of Season 1, liked it a lot, was ready to dive into Season 2 and guess what? Starting with Season 2, you have to pay for each episode!!

I was so angry! Probably way out of proportion to the fact that it's just a damn TV show. I'm actually going to miss the people. They were just starting to grow on me, even most of them are awful.

Felt like a bait-and-switch.

Hell maybe I'll pay for it. But if I'm gonna pay for a show its gonna be Season 4 of Game of Thrones.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Dorothy Kilgallen

Postby MinM » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:37 am

MacCruiskeen » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:30 pm wrote:The latest from what has become one of my favourite blogs:

A Room She Never Slept In: The Murder Of Dorothy Kilgallen

by RAZFX 2015-01-18 – 10:21:27

http://lookingglass.blog.co.uk/2015/01/ ... -19986140/

See also his series of posts on the Boston bombings:

http://lookingglass.blog.co.uk/tags/bos ... n-bombing/

Show #727
Original airdate: April 16, 2015
Guests: Jim DiEugenio / Joe Green
Topics: Helms, CTKA, Letters / KING KILL 63

Play Jim DiEugenio (1:02:07) Real Media or MP3 download

BOR #726, Richrd Helms, Yuri Nosenko, James Angleton, Anatoliy Golitsyn
Legend: (Epstein 1978), Nosenko was essentially a prisoner
The KGB had Oswald pegged as a false defector from the beginning
Helms' family was wealthy and government connected, he was with the OSS
Helms replaced Bissell as Deputy Director of Plans
A Look Over My Shoulder: (Helms 2003)
Watergate, James McCord and Helms were tied at the hip
Secret Agenda: Watergate, Deep Throat, and the CIA (Hougan 1984)
"If Watergate is laid at the CIA's feet, every tree in the forest will fall"
CTKA, Martin Hay reviews Ayton and Von Pein
Hasan Yusuf reviews James Reston Jr.
Jim and Arnaldo Fernandez review Philip Shenon
David Mantik on the Harper Fragment, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Appendices
JFK's Stop The Cold War speech, the next day, his Civil Rights Address
Len recommends No Place to Hide: (Greenwald 2014)
The death of Dorothy Kilgallen, Midwest Today
Cyril Wecht HSCA testimony and interview with Len (BOR #720)
Jim's interview with Robert Tanenbaum
Ida Dox (not her real name) drawings
Misrepresentation and elimination of photographic evidence

MinM » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 pm wrote:Image
A couple more thoughts on Dark Skies:

The portrayal of the killing of Dorothy Kilgallen is spot-on as to the why, the where, and the how. Not so much the who.

Also as with Nowhere Man...
A Special Ops guy in silhouette has some interesting revelations in the Nowhere Man DVD.

1) He claims that if he had to do it over, he would not have let himself be used as a tool of the MIC, or Big Government as he puts it. Perhaps he had a Pat Tillman-like epiphany? I tend to doubt it since he's involved with the likes of Surnow.

2) Since 1967 "Big Government" has been using TV as a form of Visual Hypnosis. There was also an episode that explored this phenomenon.

3) "Big Government" could have staged a 9/11 False-Flag in order to further extract concessions from Americans, and expand government authority. Although he is careful to couch this with the admonition that he is 150% sure that OBL did it...

So if you happen to get Nowhere Man through Netflix, before Netflix goes under, check out Special Features on Disk 9. Then click on Fact or Fiction?:
Nowhere Man: Fact or Fiction? - True Stories of CIA Mind Control Techniques (Video 2005)

An anonymous ex-CIA operative reveals real world government conspiracies, mind control techniques and how fragile our identity really is...

Director:
Evan Geerlings
Writer:
Lawrence Hertzog
Stars:
Baz and Bruce Greenwood

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491796/

viewtopic.php?p=426547#p426547

the commentary (Signal-To-Noise: Uncovering Dark Skies) is probably more interesting than the individual episodes.
Including a little nugget about shooting a scene in the pantry of the Ambassador Hotel (shot in a scene totally unrelated to the RFK assassination which they were going to cover in season two).
sunny wrote:Mad Men.

Twice in a row this season--5.05, 'Signal 30', and 5.06, 'Far Away Places'-- a walk on actress has passed through a scene wearing a pink suit and pillbox hat. It's 1966 in MM universe, so I'm thinking the Jackie doppelgangers are foreshadowing some interesting discussions on Mark Lane's Rush to Judgement, published in '66. Should be very good, considering how well the show handled the assassination itself.

Dark Skies covered in one season about the same time period Mad Men has in it's run. Although in Dark Skies these historical events were used as plot devices central to the overall storyline. All of this set against a backdrop of an ongoing alien invasion stemming from the 1947 Roswell Crash.

This tidbit from the Educational Forum in a thread about Danny Casolaro of all things prompted me to check out the Dark Skies dvd...
St. Louis Magazine, August 2008

Stalking the Octopus

For 20 years Kenn Thomas of Steamshovel Press has been tracking the oily tentacles of world conspiracy — and shaking readers out of their reality tunnel

by Stefene Russell

Recent history is a vast record of a vast conspiracy to impose one level of mechanical consciousness on mankind. –Allen Ginsberg

...Thomas even wonders out loud if he and fellow conspiracy newsletter publishers Greg Bishop, editor of the now-defunct Excluded Middle, and Jim Martin of Flatland were perhaps the inspiration for The X-Files' Lone Gunmen; in fact, he saw smatterings of Steamshovel in Mel Gibson's Conspiracy Theory, too.

"Everything in there, everything this cab driver guy spots, is right out of Steamshovel Press," Thomas says. "There are two anthologies, basically back issues of Steamshovel. Brian Helgeland, the screenwriter, bought both of those books [Popular Alienation and Popular Paranoia] from Jim Martin at Flatland Press." Thomas says he's also seen material from the Steamshovel website show up on TV: "There was a show called Dark Skies on the SciFi channel that mixed in real historical figures with this whole alien story. I did some research one week on Dorothy Kilgallen; the next week, Dorothy Kilgallen was a character on the show. So I write a column about Carl Sagan—in the '60s Sagan presented a paper to all these rocket scientists on aliens—and the next week, Carl Sagan was a character on the show. So they're cribbing off the website." Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. "I've been told many times that I need to go to Hollywood and exploit this," Thomas laughs. "The thing about living in St. Louis is, for $200 you can go to any city in this country, and L.A.-centered stuff, New York–centered stuff—that's part of the conspiracy. It's part of the homogenizing of the world. I don't want to be part of that. I want a bigger picture. And you have to work harder to live in L.A. I think I've stumbled upon the perfect place." ...

viewtopic.php?p=465448#p465448

Unfortunately, as with some other slightly subversive (by U.S. Network standards) shows of that time (Nowhere Man and VR.5) and more recent examples (Rubicon and Alcatraz)...
Simulist wrote:There are only two television shows we keep up with on broadcast TV: Modern Family and Fringe (and, starting in January, Alcatraz of course). I totally love JJ Abrams' stuff, propagandistic though it may be (and, sometimes, surely is).

But we've also been having lots of fun on Netflix lately, watching The Tudors. (If Henry Cavill is in something, all he really has to do is just stand there, okay? He doesn't even have to speak! — although movement is greatly appreciated, and he really is quite a fine actor — and there'd be a good chance I'd want to watch it. Hey, I admit to being frivolous and superficial — but, remember, my superficiality only goes so deep!)

But that's about it with us for television. For me, reading is really where it's at.

This week Alcatraz had a scene right out of the brainwashing montage in the Parallax View. :offair:

'Alcatraz': The Only Innocent Man On The Rock Isn't So Innocent Anymore (VIDEO)

rigorousintuition.ca :: "Pharmacologic Waterboarding" at Guantanamo

rigorousintuition.ca :: Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

viewtopic.php?p=452920#p452920

the show only lasted one season. :offair:

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Nordic » Sat May 16, 2015 12:01 am

The wife went ahead and bought the rest of Boardwalk Empire. So I've been watching it. Just got done with Season 4.

And I realized: Pretty much everything you need to know about politics and capitalism in America, you can learn from this show.
Nordic

American Odyssey & Mad Men

Postby MinM » Mon May 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Wirt Walker was connected to people who had connections to al Qaeda. For example, Stratesec director James Abrahamson was the business partner of Mansoor Ijaz, who claimed on several occasions to be able to contact Osama bin Laden.[24] Additionally, Walker hired a number of Stratesec employees away from a subsidiary of The Carlyle Group called BDM International, which ran secret (black) projects for government agencies. The Carlyle Group was partly financed by members of the bin Laden family.[25] Mr. Walker ran a number of suspicious companies that went bankrupt, including Stratesec, some of which were underwritten by a company run by a first cousin of former CIA director (and President) George H.W. Bush. Additionally, Walker was the child of a CIA employee and his first job was at an investment firm run by former US intelligence guru, James “Russ” Forgan, where he worked with another former CIA director, William Casey.[26] Of course, Osama bin Laden had links to the CIA as well.[27]" ...

Sounds like American Odyssey borrowed heavily from that storyline.
MinM » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:16 am wrote:This sounds like it could be interesting ...
“Odyssey” (Sunday, April 5, 10 p.m.)

In this “Traffic”-like action drama, an international conspiracy explodes when three strangers’ lives unexpectedly collide — a female soldier, a corporate lawyer and a political activist. After a team of American soldiers battles Jihadists in North Africa, they’re shocked to find that one of the men they killed is Al Qaeda’s top man. Sgt. Odelle Ballard (Anna Friel, “Pushing Daisies”) — a soldier, mother, wife and the unit’s only female member — discovers computer files that suggest a major U.S. corporation is funding the Jihadists. But before she can tell anyone, her team is attacked and left for dead. News is reported that the unit was wiped out, but the truth is that Odelle survived and is the only witness to her unit’s assassination by U.S. Special Forces.

In New York, former U.S. Attorney Peter Decker (Peter Facinelli, “Nurse Jackie”) is working on a merger deal for the same company that was funneling money to the Jihadists. Meanwhile, Harrison Walters (Jake Robinson, “The Carrie Diaries”), a political activist and trust fund kid, meets a hacker who claims to have unearthed a massive military-industrial conspiracy. And he’s right: He’s stumbled onto the cover-up that began with Odelle and will soon be out in the open and everyone’s lives will be in danger. The only way they’ll ever save their country, their families and themselves is by joining forces and exposing the people behind it...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/1 ... py/338884/

sunny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:09 am wrote:Mad Men.

Twice in a row this season--5.05, 'Signal 30', and 5.06, 'Far Away Places'-- a walk on actress has passed through a scene wearing a pink suit and pillbox hat. It's 1966 in MM universe, so I'm thinking the Jackie doppelgangers are foreshadowing some interesting discussions on Mark Lane's Rush to Judgement, published in '66. Should be very good, considering how well the show handled the assassination itself.

One final thought on Mad Men and it's treatment of the '60s. No television programme in the '60s ever actually dealt with the issues of the '60s (exc. Smothers Brothers).

Gomer Pyle was a 1960s progamme about a US Marine that never mentioned Vietnam.
Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:55 am wrote:
MinM wrote:.....

Was Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. intended to reinforce the -- exception to the rule, Lone Nut Marine Meme -- that the Warren Commission was trying to sell in 1964?
Yes. Former Marine Oswald's intelligence career was meme-reversed into a dumb Marine.

"Gomer Pyle" was a television character created to serve two sequential psyops functions.

The original context for "Gomer Pyle," 'The Andy Griffith Show,' featuring mellow Sheriff Taylor was meant to dispense nuclear-themed counterpropaganda because of the scary nuclear-themed best-selling book by the whistleblowing former chief of the Army, General Maxwell Taylor, called 'The Uncertain Trumpet.'

Taylor abhorred the shift to Mutually Assured Destruction in the first nuclear war plans and warned that the US civilian population was not protected from nuclear strikes. Plus the spooks were worried about the image of General Curtis Lemay whose nuclear war-mongering was later decoyed as farce in 'Dr. Strangelove.'

So we got "Sheriff Andy Taylor" who doesn't even wear a gun and is slow to alarm.
General Taylor's book title, 'The Uncertain Trumpet,' became alarmist Deputy Barney Fife who also looked like the US Surgeon General Burney who was concerned about nuclear fallout.

So. The spooks created counter-associations with the urban names where nuclear weapon technology began, the Pile at the University of Chicago and the Manhatten Project. "Aunt Bea" was the mnemonic successor to the A-Bomb, the hydrogen bomb.

Nuclear concepts connected to 'high intelligence,' like Albert Einsten's Theory of Relativity and chain reactions , got meme-reversed into a dumb guy named "Go more pile" or Gomer Pyle.

"Opie" was a subliminal reference to Oppenheimer whose nickname was "Oppie."
Remember the opening credit sequence with Taylor and Opie goin' down to the FISSION hole? Right.

But after the assassination of JFK and the patsying-up of a former Marine named Lee Harvey Oswald, it became useful to meme-reverse the intelligence background of Oswald into a dumb Marine...named Gomer Pyle.
8)

IanEye » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:04 am wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:The 'music-brain' decoy is used to hide psyops.

Search results indicate a need for more of this diversion.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... 57#p148657
theeKultleeder wrote:I am watching the Scorsese directed Bob Dylan documentary "No Direction Home." I have also read Dylan's Chronicles: Volume I.

The movie is currently showing the period when Dylan first arrived in New York city, Greenwich Village. The Beats were doing their poetry in coffee shops/bars in the neighborhood at the time, and many folk musicians were doing their gigs.

The archival footage shows leftist, beatnick folk musicians performing their rebellious songs.

Guess what? Those musicians looked and sounded exactly like the mainstream apple-pie actors who perform "backwoods Appalachian" folk music in the Andy Griffith Show.

Early right-wing hijacking of leftist and rebellious images?...... I think so.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... 05#p148705
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:This isn't really keyword hijacking.

To recap on KH with examples before getting to Andy-
Keyword hijacking is creating decoys.

But a keyword hijacking usually involves a very specific noun ( often a proper noun like a name) from information hostile to power which is hijacked into a benign narrative, usually entertainment, in order to pre-bias memory and social transmission-meaning our talking about the keyword.

Like 1962 Hanoi show trial resulting from CIA scuba disaster Operation Vulcan being hijacked into >

>the 1964 first episode of TV's 'The Man From UNCLE' was called ...
'The Vulcan Affair.'

>the CIA-like Vulcan alien on Star Trek named after a beloved baby doctor, Mr. Spock.

>1965 James Bond movie 'Thunderball' with 'Vulcan' and 'scuba' figuring prominently in the plot synopsis.

Now THAT's keyword hijacking, folks.

Re: Your op example-
There was a genuine interest in Americana folk instruments and styles in the Beat-era counterculture. The Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia, for instance, was a jugband and bluegrass banjo player before playing electric guitar through the Wall of Sound.

Television programming has long had to deal with having an urban/rural split in attitudes, interests, and styles but folk music has appealed to all types of folks.

But making sure that folk music wasn't of the lefty unionist style ala Woody Guthrie and Pete Seegar would be a CIA-Hollywood social engineering strategy.

And using folk music as a draw for younger viewers to the rural Just Father values of 'The Andy Griffith Show' is also a likely social engineering strategy of CIA-Hollywood.

That Sheriff Andy was so laid back and unarmed in contrast to Deputy Fife was a Cold War psy-ops meme, the Just Father Who Won't Blow Up the World Because He Isn't Curtis Lemay. The nuclear age scared the hell out of lots of folks and keeping them comfy under militarism without going all peacenik is an ongoing task that was much harder back when Opie was prepubescent.

Once the official Vietnam War was getting revved up in 1964 guileless Gomer Pyle left Mayberry to...join the Marines in his spin-off show, 'Gomer Pyle, USMC.'

So folk music meme-jacking, kind of.
Keyword, no.

Y'all come back now, hear? 8)

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/view ... 37#p135437
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
John E. Nemo wrote:A very prescient hippy said that he "saw potential for real Nazism and real violence to come out of the punks mock violence and Nazi gear."
Everyone laughed and dismissed the idea that it could happen.

However, within 10 years, there was real violence and real Nazism at every punk show I went to.

Thanks, you just named my new band, 'Prescient Hippy.' lol.

That does sound predictable. The spirit of rebellion easily turns to jingoism ala 'Sweet Home Alabama' which hit the FM airwaves with a tribute to segregationist George Wallace in 1974 when the FBI was busy murdering Black Panthers and the New Left.

Vivisection films?! Ouch. Adrenaline junkies need to up their dose. See 'Blackwater.'

I think it is fascinating that the most culturally benevalent band I can think of, The Grateful Dead, used that name and skeleton logos to invoke a kind of historical spirituality of connectedness evoking Egyptian folklore instead of the desensitization to death that the skeleton is used for by all others.

The fascist Yale fraternity, Skull and Bones, was suddenly commonly known as the shared heritage of Bush and Kerry after the 2004 (s)election season.

And, no coincidence, pop culture was then FLOODED with images of skull and bones using Disney's 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and a zillion Hollywood movies as the symbol-hijackers.

Plus there is a concerted effort since Vietnam and especially lately to desensitize Americans to death and suffering, especially kids who might react and go all sixties again.
I think one of the lessons learned by the USG media mind managers during Vietnam war protests was that there was far too great a cognitive dissonance from the safe idealized world view spooks embedded in TV and movies and the fascist system of war and poverty. So they started shifting from John Wayne and White Hats to Dirty Harry and The Godfather. And now 24 and gore galore.

Desensitization works. And blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project.

But the Grateful Dead never evoked the punk-Nazi-desensitization thang with their skeletons. Too much life-affirming countervalence attached to them.

float on, Lupe Fiasco

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby elfismiles » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 am

Recently finished bingestreamwatching all netflix available episodes of...

* Haven
* The 100

And now am watching:

* Granite Flats

... and I was just waiting for it and sure enough they finally actually say MK-ULTRA in the first ep of season 2.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby KUAN » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:53 am

I'm also enjoying Detectorists - thanks semper by way of stefano.
Fargo, season one and now two are good
KUAN

Postby guruilla » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:17 am

I am currently watching television programs too.

Latest one:

First ep was strong.

Also a French-made, English language show called Spotless, also set in London, about a crime-scene clean-up guy who ends up working for the mob, is pretty OK.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby stefano » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 am

Nordic » Sat May 16, 2015 6:01 am wrote:The wife went ahead and bought the rest of Boardwalk Empire. So I've been watching it. Just got done with Season 4.

And I realized: Pretty much everything you need to know about politics and capitalism in America, you can learn from this show.

I've watched two episodes of that, I found it hard to get into. I'll give it another go.

I've watched a few episodes of The Sopranos, I enjoy that. No mention so far of politics or trade unions!

I've heard good things about Mr Robot - I've torrented it but haven't got around to watching any.
stefano

Postby guruilla » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 pm

stefano » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 am wrote:
I've heard good things about Mr Robot - I've torrented it but haven't got around to watching any.

First episode rocked; next two sucked & I gave up. Anyone else have that experience?
guruilla

Postby DrEvil » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:21 pm

stefano » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:24 pm wrote:
Nordic » Sat May 16, 2015 6:01 am wrote:The wife went ahead and bought the rest of Boardwalk Empire. So I've been watching it. Just got done with Season 4.

I've watched two episodes of that, I found it hard to get into. I'll give it another go.

I've watched a few episodes of The Sopranos, I enjoy that. No mention so far of politics or trade unions!

Boardwalk Empire is a great show, but it does have a lack of likeable characters. Only ones I can think of are the Tin Man and Margaret, but it does have a great number of awesome villains, especially Al Capone.

Sopranos is also good, and Mr. Robot is great. For politics and trade unions I would recommend The Wire.

Currently I'm almost done with the last season of Weeds. The show started out great, but right now it feels more like a chore.

I've also been watching the Bob Ross 'The Joy of Painting' marathon on Twitch lately (in between the Hearthstone world championship). That guy is awesome, and he really likes to clean his brushes. Even the chat is mildly entertaining ("Blue OP, plz nerf!"). It was so popular it's now going to be a regular thing with one season each week.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Nordic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 pm

stefano » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:24 am wrote:

If you like The Sopranos I can't help but think you'll like Boardwalk Empire. I used to think Sopranos was the best tv show in tv history. Still very likely is. BE gives it some competition. Yes all the characters are pretty fucked up but surprisingly complex. I guess Margaret is the purest one, yes. If you stick with it I think it will really get under your skin. A lot of the same people that did Sopranos were involved.

I'll admit part of what I found so great about it were the visuals. The lighting is just as good as it gets and the production design is lush and beautiful. Wardrobe, hair, makeup, all of it is superlative. And the acting! It's so great. The best drunk acting I've ever seen is done by the guy who plays Eli, Buscemi's brother. Can't remember his name right now but the guy is phenomenal. Best fight scenes too. Realistic as hell, grappling, rolling around on the floor, like real fights, none of this Hollywood fist-fight bullshit.
Nordic

Postby guruilla » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:35 pm

First season of Luck was pretty stunning; got cancelled due to horses being killed during season 2 filming, or that's the official story anyway. So it's sort of painful to watch, knowing that it never got completed.

For those who loved Boardwalk Empire, I'd strongly recommend Peaky Blinders.
guruilla

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:46 am

Re: Luck, I thought the much-hyped decision of teaming Milch with Michael Mann was the show's undoing. There were massive ego clashes and they ultimately put Mann in complete control of direction and Milch was in control of the writing. So the direction and the writing were not on the same page. It made for a pretty disjointed viewing experience. They started to find a groove in the last couple episodes (that finale was top-notch) but then it was over. My conspiracy theory was that it was really cancelled because Milch & Mann weren't working well together and HBO refused to let Milch have full control as he had on Deadwood and John From Cincinnati. Or maybe it was just the horses. btw if you haven't seen those two shows, you really ought to!
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby semper occultus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 am

KUAN » 08 Nov 2015 13:53 wrote:I'm also enjoying Detectorists - thanks semper by way of stefano.
Fargo, season one and now two are good

...half way through the second series now :D

they've maintained the standard and god knows you need something to raise a chuckle these days
semper occultus

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie