I am currently watching television programmes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I am currently watching television programmes

Postby Stephen Morgan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:00 am

gnosticheresy_2 wrote:
Stephen Morgan wrote:For Charlie Brooker fans, the Screenwipe of the Year, aka 2011wipe, is currently on the iPlayer website.

Was good. Also enjoyed the new episode of Sherlock, though

Spoiler:plane full of corpses to be used as a prop for a faked terrorist atrocity

was a bit jarring in terms of the rest of the episode. Almost RI-like.

I saw that. Liked it, but not terribly plausible. You know, the government Spoiler:wanting to save lives by killing the dead, but also for some reason wanting to allow the attack to go on to make the terrorists happy. One or the other, I think.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby justdrew » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:02 pm

anyone seen Black Mirror?

maybe worth checking out...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mirror_%28TV_series%29

first ep is remarkable :rofl2
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby MinM » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 am

Simulist wrote:There are only two television shows we keep up with on broadcast TV: Modern Family and Fringe (and, starting in January, Alcatraz of course). I totally love JJ Abrams' stuff, propagandistic though it may be (and, sometimes, surely is).

But we've also been having lots of fun on Netflix lately, watching The Tudors. (If Henry Cavill is in something, all he really has to do is just stand there, okay? He doesn't even have to speak! — although movement is greatly appreciated, and he really is quite a fine actor — and there'd be a good chance I'd want to watch it. Hey, I admit to being frivolous and superficial — but, remember, my superficiality only goes so deep!)

But that's about it with us for television. For me, reading is really where it's at.

This week Alcatraz had a scene right out of the brainwashing montage in the Parallax View. :offair:

'Alcatraz': The Only Innocent Man On The Rock Isn't So Innocent Anymore (VIDEO)

rigorousintuition.ca :: "Pharmacologic Waterboarding" at Guantanamo

rigorousintuition.ca :: Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision
Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Simulist » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks, MinM. I've been appreciating Alcatraz for at least MENTIONING the two letters in the English language that MUST NEVER be spoken together: "MK." (Abrams' other show, Fringe, too.)

MK-ULTRA (and related crimes) was such a significant component in helping to create our times, it is (or should be) conspicuous how little it is ever mentioned.

Alas, the future of both of these fine shows is iffy at the moment due, most probably, to the fact that they require of Americans an attention span.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:52 am

The only psyops source I don't have that the masses live in is...television.

See it when I'm in a restaurant.
Today...saw a Frosted Flakes commercial using the antique 'Tony the Tiger.'
Black kids SHOOTING baskets. Filling in letters to spell out-
"Tig"
and
"Tiger"

....just like my recent discovery of Jim Henson's 1983 Christmas special about a kitten-cuddly Tiger toy doll used to decoy
-DIA Director General Eugene Tighe...who told Congress that yes POW-MIAs were indeed left behind in Vietnam and
-TIger Force rampaged killing civilians and beheading babies in 1967 with knowledge of their war crimes by commanding officers.

TV rules the aliterates and children. CIA rules television.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:13 am

Housos, not currently, cos its finished but it was good while it lasted. (RIP Turps too.) Its so wrong its right.

Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:29 am

This show is pretty mad.

Joe Hillshoist

Postby sunny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:18 am

Not watching anything currently. Downton Abbey season 2 is over. :cry: but Mad Men season 5 begins March 25 and The Killing season 2 begins April 1. :yay I'm set tv-wise until True Blood season 5 premieres in June. :eeyaa

I tried to get into Justified--based on two novels by Elmore Leonard-- but it feels like the violence on that show is supposed to be 'cool'..it's definitely gratuitous.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 am

I love Empire Boardwalk

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby sunny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Me too! I can't believe......************SPOILER*******************

Nucky killed Jimmy, the rat bastard.
Choose love
sunny

Postby MinM » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 am

Original air date March 14, 1963

...Everyone calls him Colonel (confirmed by the rank insignia on his uniform) when he knows he's a Major, and he insists that the President of the United States is John F. Kennedy, a man no one else has heard of. Gaines concludes that he must have slipped into a parallel universe and tries to return to his space capsule, but blacks out again before he can do so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Parallel
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Nordic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:46 am

I shut down my cable TV and got streaming Netflix instead.

And now .... I can finally pick up where I left off a few years back when I started watching Mad Men, only to move and get cut off ...

And now I am fucking HOOKED. I just started Season 3.

I keep thinking about the conversation where Peggy tells Peter Campbell the truth about ... well, her ..... and just destroys him. With a few whispered lines, she fucking destroys that little prick.

Sorry, I'm talking about them like they're real people! Like I used to with The Sopranos.

I think I'll sign off here now and watch another episode ......
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby sunny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Nordic, I was the same way about The Sopranos. It was the first as well as the last show I cared about for years.

I don't really 'care' about Mad Men or Downton Abbey. Both are excellent period pieces, which I love, and in the case of Mad Men, a deeply thoughtful and compassionate character study. I just have no interest in over analyzing either one. Downton is more a study of an era. It's a luxurious bubble bath with a good book experience. A little more cheese than narrative red meat, practically no subtext and barely any innuendo. It's all so terribly sincere but the atmosphere and the delightful and recognizable characters make it more than worthwhile. I do wish they would stop jerking around the gay guy. Shirley MacLaine is due to liven things up next season.

Boardwalk Empire is a great piece of work but I don't obsess over it at all. There were points in season 2 when I was begging for mercy, a drop of water, some puppies and kitties and rainbows..

The only show I care about, have cared about since Soprano's is True Blood. Well, I'm obsessed, I won't lie. I won't belabor it here except to say that True Blood gets a bum rap. This shit is deep. The subtext is all tangled up in a mind-fuck narrative so twisted and complicated practically no one will believe me when I try to explain it. It has to be obsessed over to 'get it'. For the casual viewer it's pure sex, blood, sensationalism. That is, if they haven't turned away yet in disgust as many fans claim they've done.

Just to whet your appetite here are a few things I've found embedded in the narrative. Keep in mind that most of this is not apparent to the naked eye:

*****Possibly Triggering*********

1. Sookie, the protagonist, is the victim of trauma based mind control---Theta and Delta programming for sure; most likely used as a breeder, almost certainly as an assassin. Victim of molestation in childhood, both her parents 'accidentally' died tragically when she was a child, Later, soon after the arrival of her immortal 'beau' her grandmother, friends, co-workers, pet are all gruesomely murdered. Sookie is always there to witness the act or the aftermath. Every time she steps out of line..BAM! Someone is murdered, or something or someone she loves is blown up or shot, or she herself is horribly injured so she has to be fed more 'healing' vampire blood which opens a direct portal into her brain. Rather like a lobotomy.

2. Her 'beau', the ostensible hero Bill, became a KING via bloody coup. He is the Sydney Gottlieb of some sort of Fascist 'operation' that includes 'mining' human [and 'other'] 'resources'. This operation has the elements of covert administering of drugs and 'hypnotism'. The entire population of the small town of Bon Temps, La are either being murdered or behaving like strange facsimiles of themselves. It seems experiments are underway somewhere in their midst [underground tunnels? Spooky old hospital?] to create an army of supernatural 'Supersoldiers' and many of the humans are being coerced into acting as collaborators and enforcers of the 'agenda'. They also serve as feed bags, sex slaves, and ritual human sacrifice fodder. Ah yes, Old Bill is also the blackest of Black Sorcerers.

Photo of a True Blood location set in the old Linda Vista Hospital, Los Angeles:

Lots of Egyptian occult symbolism lately, particularly related to Old Bill.

There is a lot more. RI has taught me a lot about these issues and the more I dig into it the more it feels like Alan Ball reads RI. He definitely knows all about MKULTRA and the like as there have been several revealing bits of dialogue in this direction, though of course nothing at ALL overt. EVAR. :wallhead: . Anyway, he wrote the lyrics, and sings! this song. He is 'Bubba Kendall':

'Dig down deep past everything you think you know'.

The first and only teaser so far for the upcoming season of True Blood:

The song in the teaser is 'King Me' by Lamb of God:

I saw the world through the lens of a pinhole camera
I saw nothing. I was blind.
In between a black hole and a super nova is where you’ll find me
Imploding and expanding simultaneously
No longer blind.
I’d been running away for so long
When I finally caught myself there wasn’t much left.
The script’s last page is blank
And the medicine is gone.
A sick monster, a twister of dark matter
On a heavier trip than you can comprehend
A tornado trying to mend the life it shattered
Waiting for nothing to begin.
A flat line, my insides are turning out.
King Me is killing me.
I keep walking past the places I was born in
Now their faces are blank, shiny, and dead
I don’t recognize a thing, I can’t recall them
A closed book that I can never read again.
A flat line, my insides are turning out.
The lights fade, this final war starts now.
King Me is killing me.
All of that is ending now for I have arisen
Survived myself somehow, dead and imprisoned
I’m fighting to live if I am to see the day
I swear I’ll never sleep again
I am no man’s slave.
I wanted the fog to lift but I was living in a cloud
Nostalgia is grinding the life from today
The present always dies in future memories
And King Me is killing me
Cut wide open and bleeding to death for all to see.
King Me is killing me.
He’s killing me.
He won’t kill me.
I won’t let him kill me.
He won’t kill me.
Choose love
sunny

Postby Stephen Morgan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:56 pm

The new Dirk Gently is quite good.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Simulist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Nordic wrote:I shut down my cable TV and got streaming Netflix instead.

I need to do that. Because I almost never watch cable anymore. Just the whole SOUND of American television (with nary an exception) irks me.

Because of that, like you, I've been watching Netflix. Almost exclusively.

And there are some wonderful British television shows available there. (Overall, I think the Brits are a lot smarter than most of "US," and it shows in their programming.)

And yes, Sunny! Absolutely. True Blood is perfectly awesome. And Jason Stackhouse is a riot.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie