Project Willow's RI Solstice Party

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Project Willow » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:54 pm

I just thought I'd post this in case I missed any Seattle area or Northwest RI folks. Please join us!
For details, please PM or email me through any of the various sites in my signature line, they all go to me.

Thursday, December 22, 8pm until..... woohoo! :partyhat

Food, drinks, and music by Elvis.

:sun:
:yay
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Project Willow's RI Solstice Party

Postby Elvis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Willow, thanks for hosting this get-together!

I won't be wearing a sequined cape or anything, I don't even sing. For my solo electric guitar schtick on the Solstice, I'm thinking light background 'cocktail' music, a little bossa nova, jazz ballads/cheesy old standards plus a few nods to the '60s "Laurel Canyon" hit parade (which, along with '60s "Brill Building", Beatles, Motown etc., is sort of my specialty). And paranormal-themed songs like "Frosty the Snowman."

If anyone (or everyone) likes to sing, I could probably accompany them on guitar, especially if it's a song I know (write me for the list)...if that sounds fun. And do bring those hand drums, and other instruments.* I'll bring a toy tambourine.

Mostly I'm looking forward to just partying with everyone and having fun! I'll bring some foodz too, and cheap wine.

I'll have the use of my mom's car that night :yay so if anyone in Seattle needs a ride, I could probably do it.

*(There seems to be a good number of musicians on RI; it occurred to me that an "RI Orchestra" creating original music might be an interesting experiment, it could be done by sending files around.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Project Willow » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm

^^ You must know that I just had to say, "Music by Elvis!"

A friend of mine (RI lurker) is a Gamelon and experimental jazz musician, perhaps he will bring one of his many instruments.
With all the other news of late, it seems a good time to party, ...like it's 2011.

:bigsmile

I like the RI orchestra idea.

:partyhat
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Elvis wrote:
*(There seems to be a good number of musicians on RI; it occurred to me that an "RI Orchestra" creating original music might be an interesting experiment, it could be done by sending files around.)

I'm in with guitar, drum, and bass contributions!
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Elvis » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Bruce Dazzling wrote:
Elvis wrote:

I'm in with guitar, drum, and bass contributions!

Cool, Bruce!
Lemme think on this and I'll start a Lounge thread about it.
(Or if anyone wants to get the ball rolling, by all means go ahead.
I use the free Audacity program, which could work.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby annie aronburg » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Mr Aronburg would be most interested in participating in such a project.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Return to The Lounge & Member News