I am now worthless

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I am now worthless

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:28 pm

This is a good spot for wisdom from The Furry Freak Brothers. I can attest that it's true.

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby wordspeak2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:02 pm

That's such a good quote.

Imo a little bit of herb smoke is perfectly fine for your lungs, and actually has some things going on that are helpful, but I think a lot is probably a bit harmful... but, you know what, to say we have bigger concerns is an understatement. :sun:
wordspeak2

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:28 am

You're not worthless, bro. No bro is worthless. No bro left behind!

There are worse things than having neither debt nor credit. For example, you could have debt or credit. Which is worse. Like you said.

Or you could have the kind of negative money which continually costs you more money unless you suddenly accquire more money than you had to start with (which is impossible if you already have no money).

"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Stephen Morgan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I was going to sue to get all my bank charges back, which was then possible as bank charges as wholly illegal. Then the Trading Standards came in and prevented any more cases by taking the banks to court. The first case to come before the new Supreme Court, who reversed all the lower courts and said it was all legal. Fuckers.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Nordic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 pm

I would like to be worthless. I had to go through a personal bankruptcy last year, and so for a little while I was. Then, alas, even more bills came in that I couldn't pay. Evem more debts are piling up. Life continues to curse me it seems.

My wife is seriously concerned that our house is cursed, because all of this happened almost immediately upon moving into the house. Then my son saw a man in the house. Scared the shit out of him. We convinced him it was an angel and not a ghost. But I don't know who the hell it was.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 am

Stephen Morgan wrote:I was going to sue to get all my bank charges back, which was then possible as bank charges as wholly illegal.

They really are. They really are. You don't have to be a Freeman-On-the-Land or some extreme Libertarian who declares his own body to be a free Sovereign Entity to know that, in UK law, penalty charges of any kind (which noticeably exceed the incurred cost of recouping the debt to the creditor) are illegal and disallowed. But they still charge them, by God, and now with the wholehearted connivance of the courts.

I never had any banked money to get back from them by this time that decision was passed. I'd luckily fought (and won!) against RBS sometime previous. I only ever got cancellation of the penalty charges, though - never got a penny back from them. Rightly I suppose, since I never paid them one.

But everyone I know does deserve a penny and more from these fuckers, and they all should have recieved full repayment of the cash that has been robbed from them. Instead the Supreme Court did what Supreme Courts do everywhere. Faced with a legal dilemma (who do we like most? banks or people?) they kicked a clear legal principle into the long grass, ignored a statute which would have allowed normal people to affirm their rights against the powerful, and rolled the whole problem up into such a para-semi-legal morass of shit, where it yet remains, that none shall ever benefit, except those who already benefitted most from their feeble decisions in thefirst place. Smart work. They got paid for it.

EDITTED for elegance.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News