I Want My Own Rothschild Thread!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I Want My Own Rothschild Thread!

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Oh fuck. Now that is strange.

I was thinking of RothMANS, which I used to smoke, many years ago,
and honestly recalled it as Rothschilds!

By an extremely unlikely twist, the latter was also the name of a cigarette brand! (They're everywhere, I tell you.)

Perhaps this early-onset dementia is related to my having honest-to-Cthulhu quit smoking two months ago, as of today.

But now that things here turned serious anyway:

c2w? - rocking away as almost always. Excellent analysis and historical summary. Not what I expected from what started as a joke thread in the Lounge, but I am grateful to you for providing practically a refresher course in the 20th C. origins of the present mess. (You're also good enough as a writer that I laughed at your horrificially bad-taste joke.)

I agree with you completely: Independently of the false accusations of "anti-Semitism" directed against all critics of Israel (and opponents of Zionism), there really is such a thing as Nazi propaganda, and we have been treated to some of it the last couple of days. And it's not excusable when it comes up. I won't accept ignorance as an answer. I won't tolerate it because of greater immediate evils, or because someone doesn't (want to) get it.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:15 pm

seemslikeadream wrote:I want this thread locked, then unlocked and then locked again

or disappeared and then reappeared up someones ass

I'll play nice when it is expected from everyone else

RI Threads were turning into Schrodinger's Cat for a while there, existing in a kind of quantum foam. \<] As one does.
Searcher08

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:17 pm

JackRiddler wrote:By an extremely unlikely twist, the latter was also the name of an actual cigarette brand! (They're everywhere, I tell you.)

Monsieur Rothschild, twirling his moustache, wrote:"Unlikely"? "Twist"? Ha! You fools!"
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Being an inveterate pedant and professional show-off, I would just like to point out to non-German-speakers that "Rothschild" does not in fact mean "Roth's child", as anyone might think, but "Red Shield". (From the German: "rot" [in the old orthography:"roth"] = "red", plus "Schild" = "shield". Or "red escutcheon".

But this forum is full of smartypantses, so many of you probably knew that already. And even if you didn't, you can pretend you did. (I know I would.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Simulist » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 pm

compared2what? wrote:I don't see how I can justify continuing to post here...

Well, that would be a truly regrettable turn of events.

I VALUE what you have to say c2w. And I am — by no means — alone in that.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby wordspeak2 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:45 am

MacCruiskeen wrote:Being an inveterate pedant and professional show-off, I would just like to point out to non-German-speakers that "Rothschild" does not in fact mean "Roth's child", as anyone might think, but "Red Shield". (From the German: "rot" [in the old orthography:"roth"] = "red", plus "Schild" = "shield". Or "red escutcheon".

YAWN. Dude, I knew that shit already.

C2w- invaluable.

Speaking of Germany and Nazis, watch this press conference clip of Lars Von Trier calling himself a Nazi- completely seriously. "Hitler was not what you'd call a good man, but I can relate to him."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpUqpLh0 ... re=related
wordspeak2

Postby norton ash » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Desmond CHILD and ROUGE... Desmond Child is a Godless Illuminati lizard songwriting machine!!!

Read this list and tell me it's one guy! It's worse than Shakespeare!!! Imagine how much money he's taken from the people who innocently bought all these records!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_De ... hild_songs

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:47 pm

barracuda wrote:
compared2what? wrote:I don't see how I can justify continuing to post here, in view of it evidently now being a lockable offense to call Nazi propaganda what it is.

That thread was locked as an attempt to show some balance by the mods as we attempted to rope in the proliferation of what everyone knows was a semi-unprecedented degree of senselessness here. The locking had nothing to do with your particular postings, which hopefully we can all agree were on topic, informative, well researched, useful, and to the point. IOW, it wasn't you.

I'm the one who locked it, c2w, and cuda summed it up quite nicely.

It had NOTHING to do with you.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 pm

JackRiddler wrote:
I agree with you completely: Independently of the false accusations of "anti-Semitism" directed against all critics of Israel (and opponents of Zionism), there really is such a thing as Nazi propaganda, and we have been treated to some of it the last couple of days. And it's not excusable when it comes up. I won't accept ignorance as an answer. I won't tolerate it because of greater immediate evils, or because someone doesn't (want to) get it.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou quotes (American Poet, b.1928)
Searcher08

Postby compared2what? » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks, Willow, barracuda, JackR, Simulist, wordspeak2 and Bruce D.!

JackRiddler wrote:your horrificially bad-taste joke.

That was in bad taste? Really? I very sincerely hope that you don't mean the part that ended up being about Cyprus. Because (among other things) that was way more horrificial, originally. I toned it down.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 am

You know what else is pretty funny, though?

One of the numerous reasons that some of the British Foreign Office types back in the early '20s didn't take violent Arab opposition to their post-war plans for the formerly Ottoman territories all that seriously was that they thought it was all just another part of the (then newly famous) Jew/German Bankers-and-Bolsheviks Conspiracy To Sneakily Conquer the World. As it was then thought of. It's not like it was a decisive factor or anything. But I'm not joking. That's really how some of them saw it.

Plus ca change, huh?
compared2what?

Postby barracuda » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

My dear compared2what,

It would be appreciated if you'd kindly make an effort to curtail any further noises regarding your insistence upon never posting here again, as I have damn near run out of adjectival superlatives for describing the effect your writing has upon me, yet steadfastly refuse to visit the pages of a fucking thesaurus on your account.

Anything but that.

Your ardent admirer,

-b
barracuda

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

compared2what? wrote:Thanks, Willow, barracuda, JackR, Simulist, wordspeak2 and Bruce D.!

That was in bad taste? Really? I very sincerely hope that you don't mean the part that ended up being about Cyprus. Because (among other things) that was way more horrificial, originally. I toned it down.

No, your novel turn on "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition."

And may I echo Mr. Barracuda's thrust? But you know that already.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm

The Third Reich Joins Anti-Masonry

The conspiratorial pamphlet from the Third Reich, and an image from it in the next page accuses Freemasonry as being a Jewish front, one that required Goyim to demean themselves in lodges with a Mogen David hanging above the door.

http://boingboing.net/2012/03/06/ritual ... ore-147352
American Dream

Postby compared2what? » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 pm

JackRiddler wrote:
compared2what? wrote:Thanks, Willow, barracuda, JackR, Simulist, wordspeak2 and Bruce D.!

No, your novel turn on "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition."

Oh!

....I'm sorry to say that wasn't a joke. Three-quarters of the reason that I put it that way is that I don't know anything at all about what the families of three of my grandparents weren't expecting, apart from "not something that was worth emigrating to North America in order to avoid." And the other quarter was that it's how one of my great-grandparents and a (sizable) number of my great-aunts, great-uncles, second and third cousins died. But be that as it may. Neither I nor anybody else related to them even knew that much until considerably post-Glasnost. And while I'm reasonably sure that (due to one formerly-Soviet thing or another) there's a whole lot more undocumented Holocaust still out there than one might think, I certainly hope it goes without saying that the last thing on earth I was trying to do was diminish it. I'm not a monster, after all.

Nobody but zionists wanted to emigrate to Palestine at that stage of the game. That's all I was saying.

And may I echo Mr. Barracuda's thrust? But you know that already.

Fully reciprocal, plus.
compared2what?

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News