Lindsey Lohan death pool

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Lindsey Lohan death pool

Postby NeonLX » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I'd never seen "Ugly Betty" before and really had no idea what it was. We were at a friend's house recently and their teevee was on. Ugly (?) Betty pops on and I innocently asked, "is she supposed to be ugly, or is the show's title ironic?"

Got some blank stares in reply.

Same as the "geeks" in U.S. movies or teevee who turn out to be complete and utter knock-outs when they remove their horn-rimmed glasses. Sheesh.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:22 am

JackRiddler wrote:
Nordic wrote:Ha. My stepdaughter is a huge fan of "The Office" and the other day she decided to check out the British (original) version.

She was astounded at how ugly the people were. I had to agree. Hard to watch, actually.

The UK version was sickeningly realistic, unforgiving, and stopped after it had said all there was to say on the subject, whereas the US version ... very easy to watch. You can leave it on all day, no harm will ever come of it.

The US versions of everything are utter shit, with the possible exception of Wilfred. The US version of that wasn't actually funny, but it was twisted in a kind of satisfying way.
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Infernal Optimist » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 pm

In the US even Ugly Betty has to be gorgeous.

This made me laugh out loud.

Oh, the horror! She's so ugly!
Infernal Optimist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News