Lindsey Lohan death pool

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Lindsey Lohan death pool

Postby Nordic » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 am

I was just over at USA Today for some story ... oh yeah, about the enormous super-secure VISA center .....

And I saw this photo of Lindsay Lohan. It was small on the screen, and at first I thought it was some kind of photoshop, you know like "Lindsay Lohan, projected age progression" or something. But no

This is from late February.

I wonder how long she's got to live?

I don't mean to be glib, this is really godawful. But this is a person headed toward the end.

Just a few short years ago:

My stepdaughter loved this movie so much, I saw it again and again, so this is how I remember her:

She was actually damn good in that movie. Amazing, in fact.

So awful.

I wish I understood drug addiction better. It's one of the most baffling things there is.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Lindsey Lohan death pool

Postby Elihu » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:07 pm

not to ignore you nordique but a death pool might be the proper place to ask something i've been wondering. is it me or did they have one heckuva lot of steve irwin footage in the can at the time of his passing? i've been seeing tons of his stuff for the last couple of years and don't recall many if any re-runs? i love linsey, i hope she pulls through...
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 pm

She must pull through. Refuse to participate. Lindsay is an awesome human.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Laodicean » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Nordic wrote:I wish I understood Hollywood better. It's one of the most baffling things there is.

Fixed.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Nordic » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:She must pull through. Refuse to participate. Lindsay is an awesome human.

I would love it if she did, but seeing that photo removed all hope for me. I'm afraid she's going the Whitney Houston route.

Maybe I'm just being negative, just found out that a guy that I know from work killed himself. Great guy. Horrible.
Nordic

Postby Simulist » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:She must pull through. Refuse to participate. Lindsay is an awesome human.

I agree. What's more, I don't even like the lives of most non-awesome humans prematurely ended. I figure that we're here to become more than we are; the non-awesome ones among us perhaps need those opportunities even more than the awesome ones.

(Just an opinion from the so far non-awesome contingent. :) )
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Elihu » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Elihu wrote:not to ignore you nordique
i was just foolin around with the "nordiqe" thing and then this:
Quebec arena construction starts in September
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/77348 ... -september

so anyway what i'm gettin at is, could there be a croc hunter clone or lookalike filming fresh episodes? just plot the geography of locations and variety of flora and fauna in the last couple of years they've broadcast. elephants and feral hogs? how's that possible? suggest we re-title the thread to lilo rocks the crocs or something...
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby sunny » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:43 pm

I feel so sorry for Lindsay. I just want to take her home and give her homemade soup. Her parents are abominable and there is just no telling what all they have put her through. :'(
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby beeline » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:44 pm

I got $20 that says she doesn't make it to 35.

This is a death pool, right?
beeline

Postby Nordic » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 pm

She was born July 2, 1986 according to wikipedia.

So let's see if she makes it past that dead-rock-star age of 27.

I'm giving odds of 50-50 for that.
Nordic

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Nordic wrote:I was just over at USA Today for some story ... oh yeah, about the enormous super-secure VISA center .....

And I saw this photo of Lindsay Lohan. It was small on the screen, and at first I thought it was some kind of photoshop, you know like "Lindsay Lohan, projected age progression" or something. But no

This is from late February.

I wonder how long she's got to live?

I don't mean to be glib, this is really godawful. But this is a person headed toward the end.

Just a few short years ago:

My stepdaughter loved this movie so much, I saw it again and again, so this is how I remember her:

She was actually damn good in that movie. Amazing, in fact.

So awful.

I wish I understood drug addiction better. It's one of the most baffling things there is.

It's a photo, taken sometime by somebody for some reason, probably commercial. She looks fine. She looks like a tired very attractive 25-year-old girl who's wearing a fair bit of make-up. Her make-up is not smudged. She is not puking or drooling or having a fit or biting the head off a chicken. In fact, she's not doing anything even remotely ugly, unless you think being older than 12 or 15 is ugly in and of itself.

Not to put too fine a point on it: she looks great. Tired, but great. And so what?

So I'm like, WTF?
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:16 am

By the way, who the fuck is Lindsey Lohan? I mean, apart from being the decidedly attractive-looking healthy-looking tired-looking woman depicted at the top of this page.

She has something to do with Hollywood, is that right? She's been in movies?

Seriously. Who is she? I don't live in a cave. But who the fuck is she, and why does the world have to care? (I have made a point of not Googling™ it.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:20 am

OK, calm down, she's finally out of jail.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/ce ... ation-ends

And isn't she lovely.

This is another thing to worry about that has nothing to do with your life. (She might be your daughter. But in fact she isn't. She's a multi-millionaire who doesn't give a shit about you.)

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Nordic » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 am

Well over here in the United States she's probably as famous as Marilyn Monroe was.

And I've had some recent all-too-first-hand experience with drug addiction lately (not my own) and that woman in the photo is fucked up on something. Seriously fucked up. Possibly benzos. Maybe booze. Maybe heroin. Probably some combination of god-knows-what, maybe adderal and klonopin mixed together, who the fuck knows, hell SHE probably might not even know, or remember the moment in the photo.

I've been watching her for years because my stepdaughter used to watch everything she ever did when she was a girl, over and over.

The woman is on a downward spiral and I doubt she'll come out of it.

I hope she does, but seeing that picture gave me almost zero hope.

And yes, I'm quite aware she doesn't give a shit about me, I live in Hollywood, remember? I work with these people. They're just people. Which is why I feel compassion for them. (most of the time)

Oh, and I just mentioned upthread that this week I had a co-worker commit suicide in the prime of his life.
Nordic

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 am

MacCruiskeen wrote:It's a photo, taken sometime by somebody for some reason, probably commercial. She looks fine. She looks like a tired very attractive 25-year-old girl who's wearing a fair bit of make-up. Her make-up is not smudged. She is not puking or drooling or having a fit or biting the head off a chicken. In fact, she's not doing anything even remotely ugly, unless you think being older than 12 or 15 is ugly in and of itself.

Not to put too fine a point on it: she looks great. Tired, but great. And so what?

So I'm like, WTF?

I came here to say the same thing. Thanks. She looks great. I wish I looked like that. I am baffled by this thread more than by Hollywood or drug addiction. Unless it's part of some kind of SEO strategy. Nordique, are you working for her machine in some freelance capacity?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News