Man Claims Bear Saved Him From Mountain Lion Attack

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 am

Most people consider dogs to be man's best friend, but 69 year-old Robert Biggs of Paradise may think otherwise after he says he was saved from a mountain lion attack by a mother bear. It happened Monday morning while Biggs was on a hike in the Bean Soup Flat area near Magalia. He came across the bear and her cub, but as Biggs continued along the trail he got an unexpected surprise. Biggs says he was bent over and going up the trail when something jumped on his back and knocked him to his knees. When he turned around he saw that it was a mountain lion. That's when the mountain lion reportedly climbed on top of Biggs, forcing him to fight for his life.

"I had the rock pick in my right hand and I come around and swing it and hit it in the side of the head and it made a big screeching sound. And I come back to swing again and just as I get about halfway there I see a dark figure grabbing the neck of the mountain lion and just tearing it down to the ground below me," says Biggs.

According to Biggs, the bear and lion fought for a few seconds before the cat was able to get away. The bear then continued down the trail followed by her cub. Although Biggs wasn't particularly shaken up by the attack, his wife Suzanne was concerned when she saw his injuries.

"He came home this time with blood all over his pants. His arm, he had skin hanging off his arm. He had these puncture wounds and scratches and stuff. It scares me. I'm worried you know that if he goes down there he might not come back," she said.

But her husband didn't seem to share that fear, saying, "I'm sure the bear was trying to save me because the way it was looking at me just 2 minutes before I was standing there watching her and she was looking at me like we were old friends."

Biggs says the next day he went back to the Bean Soup Flat area to try and find the bear and mountain lion, but was unsuccessful in tracking them down.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Man Claims Bear Saved Him From Mountain Lion Attack

Postby Nordic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:36 am

Although Biggs wasn't particularly shaken up by the attack

I want some of whatever he's taking.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Man Claims Bear Saved Him From Mountain Lion Attack

Postby wordspeak2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Wow, that's wild. I've never seen a bear at point blank range; I don't think I'd be totally at ease. My friend encountered one really, really close in the woods once when she was tripping her face off... she managed to take it totally in stride and make that gentle connection with mr. or mrs. bear. Sounds easy enough, I guess.
I once lived on a commune with a very quiet, tiny lady who succeeded in getting the chipmunks to evacuate our kitchen by talking to them every day and somehow just convincing them to leave. Like out of a Derrick Jensen. Some people can really communicate with some non-people. The closest I've come was an acid-driven virtual concert in a huge meadow with me on beat box and hundreds of birds going crazy. Eventually I got worn out and stopped, but the birds kept going, so much so that when my friend showed up he was wondering what the hell went on here. That was birds, though. I don't know about bears.
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The Lounge & Member News