RI Guitar Club

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: RI Guitar Club

Postby Elvis » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:54 pm

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 0_0 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 am

i'm trying to learn this:

the guy helpfully provides tab too: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byv1rx ... hqUm8/view

so far i've got this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zF4xy7VNx4

i don't think i played it 100% correctly but for now it's good enough to go to part 2!

maybe others here want to learn it too
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 am

I belong to just one other online forum—a guitar forum. No talk of politics, religion, sex or drugs is allowed; can you imagine?

0_0 wrote:so far i've got this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zF4xy7VNx4

0_0, I like your playing & sound better than the video instructor's! Very nice! (is that a Telecaster?)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby 0_0 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:46 am

Hey Elvis, thanks for the compliment! It's actually a PRS SE one, which has been described as a telecaster on steroids. It's pretty twangy for sure..

playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:38 pm

0_0 wrote:Hey Elvis, thanks for the compliment! It's actually a PRS SE one, which has been described as a telecaster on steroids. It's pretty twangy for sure..

:thumbsup Awesome... I can appreciate; I have a PRS SE 24 as my 'general purpose' guitar.
Elvis

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:15 pm

I have a Wal-Mart guitar!
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:03 pm

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:31 am

^^^^ Wow, thanks for posting that video! I've watched a handful of Rick Beato videos, he's fun and knowledgeable and this one was especially interesting.

"More Than a Feeling"—what a great record. I've never bought a Boston album, and wasn't into late-'70s pop rock, but that record—the song, the arrangement, the production, the performance—blew me away and it still amazes me. Just great.

Meanwhile, my surf band wiped out, so now, discouraged and despondent, I have the urge to play country music. When I can get the work, I play melancholy jazz for well-dressed drinkers. And despite what they tell you, buying more guitars does help with depression.

Trump's tariffs may ruin the guitar import market, he must be stopped.
Elvis

Postby minime » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am

^^^^^ Like the Man told Johnny Cash: If you want to make it in country & western music, you have to write your own music.

Here, I'll help...

vi - IV - I - V for the men.

And then, there's

I - V - vi - IV for the womens.

Oh, you can move em around, but keep it simple. And don't forget to send me my royalty checks.

Hey, what do you get when you play a country song backwards?
minime

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:38 am

Elvis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 am wrote:^^^^ Wow, thanks for posting that video! I've watched a handful of Rick Beato videos, he's fun and knowledgeable and this one was especially interesting.

He has 72 of these videos in his "What makes this song great" series. I'm really enjoying them.

My own "skills" are idiosyncratic. I "taught" (learned a bunch of bad habits) myself. I play for myself. Unlearning bad habits is way harder than learning good technique and I've pretty much abandoned the effort. But it's a pleasant distraction I amuse myself with. Maybe someday I'll have more time and motivation and work harder at it.
brainpanhandler

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News