psychedelics in academia conference

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

psychedelics in academia conference

Postby wordspeak2 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:32 am

The psychedelically-inclined may be interested... we're in the midst of a relative explosion of psychedelic research and acceptance in mainstream academic and medical communities. This conference in Philadelphia at the end of September, "Psychedemia," is a sign of the times. http://psychedemia.org

I'm planning to be there....

I think the psilocybin research is of particular importance, both because of the substance itself and how far it's gotten in being taken seriously and generating a media buzz.
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: psychedelics in academia conference

Postby elfismiles » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up wordspeak
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Special K for Depression Renews Hope in Hallucinogens
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-0 ... ogens.html
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby wordspeak2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:48 am

I'm not sure what to make of the ketamine thing. I've never done it myself, so I can't really say, but I've heard descriptions from so many people, and it sounds to me like this is missing the obvious cures for "depression," which are good weed and MDMA. But I do think any truly intense psychedelic experience has the power to hurl someone out of a deep funk of any sort, and ketamine is nothing if not intense, from what they say. I'm told it's the most "disassociative" drug there is, outside of PCP, which is pure evil. K is apparently like a more friendly version of PCP, something along the lines of DXM, a quasi-psychedelic, if you well. You really forget who you are, they say. Even in the depths of a DMT trip that doesn't tend to happen.

I'm putting my money on MDMA and cannabis for mass healing potential and the tryptamines, DMT and psilocybin, as the only sincere hope of ushering in a new aquarius chapter in human history,,, hopefully it's not too late.
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The Lounge & Member News