Guilty pleasures

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Guilty pleasures

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Sue me. I was 12 and loved Young Guns...

Six Hits of Sunshine

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Alf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 am

Alf

!

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:50 pm

I also watch Hell's Kitchen. I also really like Master Chef. I am really pulling for the blind chef, Christine.

Another guilty pleasure for me is that I still watch pro-wrestling from time to time. TNA Impact! wrestling for those in the know. Vince Mcmahon is an evil man. (Said with tongue in cheek)

I also like listening to Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson. There, I admitted it. :oops:
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:^^Military history? That's my great vice these days.

This, and violent video games, including military simulators (worse still, not even the ubiquitous unavoidable Call of Duty-style things, but actual simulators used by actual militaries, along the lines of the VBS 1 system). Not proud of this at all, especially since they are all now set in Generic Desert Country and feature Generic Terrorist Man as the enemy. At least they are less overtly racist, propagandistic and "OOORAH MARINES!" than the mainstream titles, though. I guess it is assumed that anyone playing a milsim is sufficiently indoctrinated already.

At least I can hold my head up and say I've never watched Hell's Kitchen. :lol:
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby norton ash » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Phoning Jeff Wells at home at 3:33 am, playing excerpts from Luncheon Date with Elwood Glover backwards, making some dolphin click noises, and then hanging up.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/a ... lover.html

That and Two Broke Girls. And corn dogs.
Zen horse
norton ash

Re: !

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:Another guilty pleasure for me is that I still watch pro-wrestling from time to time. TNA Impact! wrestling for those in the know. Vince Mcmahon is an evil man. (Said with tongue in cheek)

I had a friend who believed that wholeheartedly.

Not only did he think the wrestling was real, he thought the bits in between were too.... the "storyline". It was scary.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Your loss! I now have a large cranial databank of charming English insults riddled with swear words. Some of the finer insults, I'm sure, are lost to the censor's bleep though. There's nothing funnier than a bleep that lasts a few seconds. When every word needs to be bleeped, you have a unique talent. :D
Six Hits of Sunshine

Postby Jeff » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:04 am

norton ash wrote:Phoning Jeff Wells at home at 3:33 am, playing excerpts from Luncheon Date with Elwood Glover backwards, making some dolphin click noises, and then hanging up.

So much for my best "weird telephone" story. Thanks.

And here's a pathetic pleasure: slavering over online catalogues of rare books, spending an imaginary fortune to stock my fantasy library. Then, guilt for not having imagined a selfless use for the money.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Nordic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:52 am

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:Another guilty pleasure for me is that I still watch pro-wrestling from time to time. TNA Impact! wrestling for those in the know. Vince Mcmahon is an evil man. (Said with tongue in cheek)

Not only did he think the wrestling was real, he thought the bits in between were too.... the "storyline". It was scary.

That's how I feel about the people who still think our elections mean something, and that OMG this is the most important election in history!!! and OMG you don't want Romney to be President, do you???!!! and all of that fucking ROT.

Professional wrestling. The perfect analogy.

I know, Jesse Ventura said it first. And he should know!
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 am

Six Hits of Sunshine wrote:

Your loss! I now have a large cranial databank of charming English insults riddled with swear words. Some of the finer insults, I'm sure, are lost to the censor's bleep though. There's nothing funnier than a bleep that lasts a few seconds. When every word needs to be bleeped, you have a unique talent. :D

I'm going to tell Gordon Ramsay that you said he was English!
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:26 pm

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:

Reminds me of this guy:

Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 am

Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:Reminds me of this guy

:lol:

Well... he wasn't quite that bad, but I did find myself having to get drunker and drunker before I could spend any time with him because it was the only way I could deal with the two hour long deadly serious rants about Stone Cold Steve Austin.
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby KUAN » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Pissing in the garden
KUAN

Postby Six Hits of Sunshine » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

AhabsOtherLeg wrote:
Six Hits of Sunshine wrote:

I'm going to tell Gordon Ramsay that you said he was English!

I had no idea he was Scottish. That is my bad..although, I must say if he could be insulted by that I'd call him English in a heartbeat just to hear what he says back.

Six Hits of Sunshine

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:32 am

He's not doing much to help the Auld Alliance there. :lol:
AhabsOtherLeg

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News