To what are you looking forward?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: To what are you looking forward?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 pm

To ending a sentence with a preposition without having a vague feeling of misgiving.

Jeff, were you by any chance also taught English by Baldy Evans? I wouldn't put it past the mad old bastard to have emigrated to Canada after his alleged retirement.

"'Get'... ugly word... 'Get! Got!' [stares vacantly into the middle distance] Ugly, ugly words... [whacks tawse on desk] WE say 'ACQUIRED'!"

Up with it I will no longer put.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 am

MacCruiskeen wrote:To ending a sentence with a preposition without having a vague feeling of misgiving.

Ha!

It is hell being a pedantic though poor grammarian.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Nordic » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 am

This question is haunting me now and will lead me either through the door of a therapist or into the light of some life-changing epiphany.

I can't say I'm looking forward to either.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Project Willow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:21 am

I am looking forward to some possible health improvements.

I've been having a form of post cholecystectomy syndrome since my surgery two years ago. Everything I read before hand and afterward advised maintaining a low fat diet. The gallbladder is a storage container for bile secreted from the liver which helps in the digestion of fats. Before my surgery, in order prevent attacks, I kept my fat intake below 3 grams a day. At the beginning of this year, my liver enzymes were elevated, and I've had pain suggesting stones were forming there, so I've been on a whole foods, low fat, (mostly) vegan regimen.

I recently did some reading on this new paleo diet craze and reviewed some of the studies linking cholesterol, heart disease, and obesity. The paleo advocates are putting forth the idea that fat isn't the problem. It's ingestion of refined sugar and grains (carbohydrate) and what it does to insulin levels that is contributing to many of these health problems. One older study in particular suggests that too much sugar and carbohydrate, not fat, is what leads to gallbladder disease.

While I don't entirely buy the evolutionary premise of the paleo diet, I thought it worth a try since nothing else seemed to be working. Amazingly, on this second day of increasing my fat intake (animal fat, not processed vegetable oil), for the first time I can remember, I have not had the usual symptoms. Everything appears to be working as it did pre-surgery.

Plus, I feel good, and it's so much fun to eat bacon!

:sun:
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Bacon's good!

I was looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe I'll wait till the blu-ray release. But I really would like to see it on the big screen. One sicko has to ruin it for the rest of us.

I also look forward to getting married. I would love to get married. Never been married, but being single and 39, I've been waiting to meet "the one". Married people say marriage ain't it all it's cracked up to be. But I'm looking over the fence and seeing the grass is greener.

So, anyone know any beautiful single women? :D
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby Project Willow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:So, anyone know any beautiful single women? :D

If only I were younger! :bigsmile But I'm sure you'll find a match. I can think of at least one beautiful lady, closer to your age, who frequents this board.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Project Willow wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:So, anyone know any beautiful single women? :D

If only I were younger! :bigsmile But I'm sure you'll find a match. I can think of at least one beautiful lady, closer to your age, who frequents this board.

*sigh* If only. ha ha ha! :wink
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby barracuda » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm looking forward to a happy and peaceful ending to the latest row about penises.

Willow, I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling great. I'm looking forward to hearing you say otherwise soon.
barracuda

Postby Nordic » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 am

Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
I was looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe I'll wait till the blu-ray release. But I really would like to see it on the big screen. One sicko has to ruin it for the rest of us.

Yeah. I almost wrote that here, but it seemed pretty pathetic, that the one thing I could think of that I was looking forward to was seeing a damn movie. But it was. And now? I don't want to see it in a theater. I don't want to go to a theater at all now. How many people are gonna be armed in theaters now, parts of their brains not paying attention to the movie but just waiting for the slightest sign of some kind of assailant? How many fights will break out in movie theaters now between armed people?

Fuck that.
Nordic

Postby Nordic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:55 am

Okay. Don't let me kill this thread. I came here hours later to hear what other people are looking forward to!

Do not disappoint me!

Nordic

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:18 am

I daren't say.

Hammer of Los

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Well, I'm also looking forward to my 100th post!

Just kidding.

I'm also looking forward to Dec 21, 2012. Or is it Dec 22? Dec 20? Anyway, what, if anything, will happen? My bets are on nothing. But will TPTB use it to their advantage somehow? Duping the masses further into their devious plans? Mass hallucination? LSD in our water supply? Low frequency voice transmissions in our heads? I don't know. I guess I'm not looking "forward" to it as much as I am taking a wait and see approach.
Handsome B. Wonderful

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News