Re: The "Crazy Craigslist ads" thread

Postby Maddy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:59 am

Bahahahahaha!
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby norton ash » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Uh-oh. Maybe I'd better de-list Mom's battery-powered Mexican dancing cucumber. I thought it was like Elmo or something... it wiggles and makes noise.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Peregrine » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 pm

oh man, $cam & Norton... :rofl:
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Postby sunny » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Oh boy, I know I'm outing myself here but I'm not real sure what this is, or rather, how or why one would use such an object since I can take a wild guess and figure it's a sex toy of some sort. :angelwings: When in doubt though don't put in on CL.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby beeline » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:37 pm

^^Those are 'anal beads.' I'll leave up to your imagination their exact function.
beeline

Postby semper occultus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Boy For Sale?

Cops probe Craigslist ad offering four-year-old "Gavin" for $5000

MARCH 18--Though it reads like a hoax, Washington cops are investigating
a Craigslist ad that recently offered a four-year-old boy for sale, according
to court documents filed this week. The Spokane County Sheriff's Office learned
of the online classified after it was spotted late last month by witness Amy Rice,
who told a detective that the ad was headlined, "4 Year old boy - $5000 (Spokane)," according to the below March 15 search warrant affidavit. In response to the warrant, Craigslist has provided investigators with information about the posting of the ad, which offered the sale of a child named "Gavin," who is described as "a great kid" who "always
has a smile on his face." The ad, which included a photo of a young boy, was purportedly placed by the child's father, "Rick Obelophy." Using investigative databases, a sheriff's
deputy could "not locate any information pertaining to the name 'Rick Obelophy,'" or the surname "Obelophy." While investigators reportedly believe that the ad is not a hoax, the Craigslist posting noted that the boy "doesn't fuss very much but when he does he just screams for hours. I usually just put him in the closet until he stops and that usually works." The boy was being offered for sale, his father claimed, because "I can no longer afford to take care of him." The sheriff's office is probing the ad as a possible violation of "Child Selling--Child Buying" laws.

semper occultus

The RI Wacky Craigslist Ad thread

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 pm

$500 Large open space to share - move in ASAP!! (East Williamsburg) (map)

Date: 2012-07-29, 7:19PM EDT

Large open space (living room) for rent in a 2 bedroom loft apartment on the east side of williamsburg. THIS IS NOT A PRIVATE ROOM - YOU ARE SLEEPING IN THE LIVING ROOM.

DO NOT make an appointment if you like the area, but can't live with cats, or are going to flake out on us once you told us you are going to take the space.

Apartment is in a really fun area....
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Re: The RI Wacky Craigslist Ad thread

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:58 am

"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby psynapz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 am

“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby psynapz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 am

“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby semper occultus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

...keep these up & this could become my favourite RI thread....

( ...always wondered what you looked like Ahab...)

on edit : ....or second favourite...

The "Crazy Craigslist ads" thread

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26805
semper occultus

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am

semper occultus wrote:...keep these up & this could become my favourite RI thread....

on edit : ....or second favourite...

The "Crazy Craigslist ads" thread

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26805

Oh cripes!

Bruce is a bad moderator!

I'll combine the two threads right now...
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:32 pm

semper occultus wrote:...keep these up & this could become my favourite RI thread....

That picture would be the perfect avatar for SanDiegoBuffGuy if he was still around. Just imagine it. The name/avi combo would've brought a ray of sunshine into the darkest threads.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 am

Front-Woman for Weird Band (Downriver)
Date: 2012-10-01, 4:20PM EDT

We are starting a band called Cat Piss. Looking for a female front person. Vocal ability is a plus, a good sense of rhythm is a must. Influences range from riot grrl to electro, techno and indie rock and basically anything cool. We are going for an edgy, dancy sound with an extremely outrageous stage show that will make people slightly uncomfortable and put them in the mood to drink and dance. If you are into self mutilation for the sake of performance art, but are not actually suicidal, that would be cool. If you are over 21, we can give you free alcohol. If you aren't, the most you can get is 1/4th of any money from gigs, so basically you aren't getting paid. We all have girlfriends, so you probably don't have to worry about us trying to date/get with you.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, send us an email response and we can hang out/play some music real soon!

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:55 pm

$500 / 800ft² – looking for roommate (cobble hill)

I live in a two bedroom apartment. I am looking for a someone to share my room with me, so I can maximize the rest of the space in the apartment. I love to dance, so I plan on clearing the rest of the apartment of furniture and putting most of it in the big bedroom. Then there will be a lot of space to dance with my new roommatein the rest of the apartment (tap, jazz, ballet, hip-hop). So you should be willing to share a bed with me (I have a king sized air mattress, so we won’t be crowding each other). And dance with me. Male or female. I smoke cigarettes, but only in the bedroom so the apartment doesn’t stink. And I have four himalayan cats that I love so so much that live only in the bedroom too. I expect you to be respectful, nice and quiet, a cat lover and above all a good dancer. I do not have a job, so I will be home almost all of the time. I expect you to pitch in and clean half the time and also cook around half of the meals. I am a vegan on raw veg diet. I will of course usually allow you to invite guests over if you clear it with me ahead of time. I will expect you to keep me posted daily as to developments in your life so we don’t become total strangers. Cats a plus. Smokers OK. Please don’t bring furniture or too much stuff. I have plenty of clothes you can borrow so no need to go overboard.

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News