Feeling Low

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Feeling Low

Postby kafor » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 pm

HBW, sometimes life sucks. You're in my thoughts, and have my sympathy. Take deep breathes.
kafor
"Who you jivin' with that cosmic debris"
Frank Zappa
kafor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 am

Learning to breathe is learning to calm down.

In through the nose, out through the mouth.

Always return the mind to the breath.

It's no yoke.

ps Always remember to breathe! Never put anything around your neck! I do recall Gyeltsen.

Hammer of Los

Postby LilyPatToo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 pm

I hear you, Col. It's not a coincidence that so many of us here are survivors of all kinds of tough beginnings and later trauma too. I think that when a person awakens from the societal daze that passes for consciousness and sees the deep rot and casual tragedy surrounding us, it's a sane response to an insane reality. And since we can only listen to so much banal babble before our eyes glaze over, we find our way here or find a new drug or a new religion--anything to make sense of our lives. Me, I think RI is a healthier response to depression/world weariness than anything else I've tried. I may not always agree with my fellow posters, but damn it's nice not having to explain why I'm other-than-happy so much of the time.

It's now been close to 2 months since my very best and oldest friend inexplicably had a bizarre personality transplant and went from belief and compassion for my awful past and current DID to an oddly flippant scorn for both. She's a Buddhist and (until now) the most calm, reasonable, kind person I've ever known...and we've known each other for over a quarter of a century. She was my rock and used to joke that she was my external hard drive, since she remembered bad things that happened that my own mind erased almost immediately via dissociation. The loss of validation was brutal and to watch completely alien expressions flit across what used to be a loved, familiar face is chilling.

Like the wise Hammer of Los, I retreat into The Breath and let it tie me to my center in this unwanted new reality. From DBT I take "It is what it is" and I also dig in the garden every day, pulling weeds and gathering seeds like a woman possessed. And I'm building a lean-to onto the shed I built years back--all of which ground me and teach me to work with my frustratingly older body. If you don't have a garden, maybe you could try sitting on the grass in a park or a backyard. Maybe try the wonderful Pagan shorthand for getting into a tree-like earth-centered state: "Roots down! Branches up!" I wish you total success, because I love to see your posts and want you to find the happiness/peace you deserve.

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:44 am

To my dear friends Willow and Lilypattoo;

I know what it is like to be met with disbelief, derision, scorn and bitter cold rejection from those you thought loved you.

Your friend the Buddhist expressed scorn?

furrows brow

Hmmm.

No more Falsehoods or Derision!

Golden Living Dreams of Vision!

Mystic Crystal Revelations!

And the Mind's True Liberation!

hehehe.

Hang in there guys.

Just do yer best.

What else can yer do?

Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

thedelightfullily wrote:Maybe try the wonderful Pagan shorthand for getting into a tree-like earth-centered state: "Roots down! Branches up!"

I love it!

Point the earth, point the heavens!

Be a tuning fork upon middle earth.

Always strive upwards.

Hammer of Los

Postby Col. Quisp » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Ditto, Handsome. Sorry to hear of your losses.

Just a quick report from me - things are a bit better despite some weird family business. I've been very busy with work and haven't been around here much but I love you all!
Col. Quisp

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News