BREAKING NEWS! it finally happened! black is white and white

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

BREAKING NEWS! it finally happened! black is white and white

Postby harry ashburn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 pm

FLASH it just happened! on the Packers./Seahawks game... the scab refs have made the first down marker like the goal line.... and bozo tv announcers didn't say a word! thats right! greenbay quarterback reached out to make a first down.. and the refs marked the ball where the ball landed.; rather than where the numerals on his jersey landed; which is what the rules say. but the scab refs didnt remember..... and the idiot sportscasters didnt remember... so.... from now on a runner can reach out his arm and make a first down... history in the making ... due to ignorance.
A skeleton walks into a bar. Orders a beer, and a mop. -anon
harry ashburn

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: BREAKING NEWS! it finally happened! black is white and w

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Qué?

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Nordic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:03 am

Uh .... this is a post about football?

Okay, here's something to possibly make it remotely relevant to RI: I find it amusing that so many people I know are complaining about how the Refs are scabs and we really shouldn't be supporting this, and they're all pro-union ......

Yet they're still watching the fucking games.

Seems to me that if you want to show support for the Union refs, you wouldn't watch.

But I guess asking guys to not watch their beloved football is just too much.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 am

Relocating this topic to the Lounge.

Carry on.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Project Willow » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm

People were screaming and yelling non-stop in this neighborhood until 1 am last night. I've never heard nor seen fans go so crazy. The football folks are usually the most obnoxious anyway. When the Seahawks play, I try to stay inside.

Anyway, I thought the controversial call came at the end of the game?
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby barracuda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm

harry ashburn wrote:FLASH it just happened! on the Packers./Seahawks game... the scab refs have made the first down marker like the goal line.... and bozo tv announcers didn't say a word! thats right! greenbay quarterback reached out to make a first down.. and the refs marked the ball where the ball landed.; rather than where the numerals on his jersey landed; which is what the rules say. but the scab refs didnt remember..... and the idiot sportscasters didnt remember... so.... from now on a runner can reach out his arm and make a first down... history in the making ... due to ignorance.

Walter Payton added about a thousand yards onto his lifetime stats by getting refs to spot the ball at his reach.

But screw the NFL, it's all about the LFL now.

barracuda

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 pm

That wasn't perhaps the worst call and throwing of a game I've ever seen. It WAS the worst call I have ever seen or ever heard of in the history of the NFL. I really have never seen such a travesty in a football game ever. My boss was at the game and I was at a rowdy bar watching it and though everybody cheered and screamed and you name it, as the replays began to get replayed, everyone was like (we're talking Seahawks fans), dude, the Seahawks did not win that game. These refs are so fucking awful and I have never seen anything like it. If you follow football at all, that was one historic fuck up and will go down in history for what it was.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Project Willow » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm

barracuda wrote:But screw the NFL, it's all about the LFL now.

Oh, FFS. Ouch! What about their skin? Don't they get rug-burns?

That requires some counter eye and mind bleach.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/highschool/09/01/florida-female-quarterback.ap/index.html

Florida female QB makes history

PLANTATION, Fla. (AP) The third-string quarterback for South Plantation High School wears No. 13 as a tribute to Dan Marino, and her parents met at a Miami Dolphins game. She has been known to play football in parking lots.

She also has a ponytail sticking out of her helmet.

Here are Erin Dimeglio's stats from Friday night: No passes, no yards, no touchdowns, and that's all irrelevant. The senior is believed to be the first female to play quarterback for a Florida high school team, after taking two snaps - handing the ball off both times - in a 31-14 win over Nova High.

"To us, she's a pretty humble, regular kid," said Kathleen Dimeglio, Erin's mother.

Humble, maybe. Regular, that's debatable.

Dimeglio's typical day goes like this: Awake at 6 a.m., out by 7:15 for high school, over to nearby Broward College - she's taking 12 credits this fall, after earning 15 last year, meaning she'll be a college sophomore before long - around midday, back to high school for football practice, and home at 8:30 p.m. Homework until 10:30. Then sleep.

After the family dinner, dishes await her. No special treatment for the quarterback when it comes to family chores.

Frankly, she doesn't want special treatment, anywhere.

"I'm just out here to prove myself," said Erin Dimeglio, a babysitter when she's not studying or playing quarterback. "I'm going to prove it by doing it on the field."

Camera crews surrounded her after Friday's game, and Dimeglio was clearly uncomfortable. The team's star running back, Miami commitment Alex Collins, rushed for 221 yards and scored three second-half touchdowns as South Plantation - located near Fort Lauderdale - rallied from a 14-10 deficit.

Dimeglio would have preferred more questions about the victory.

"I will say this past week has been a little bit overwhelming, trying to keep her humble in it," Kathleen Dimeglio said. "She's got a pretty good grasp of it. She's concerned about the attention on her, when she wants the attention on her whole team."

At 5-foot-5, she's a standout guard for South Plantation's basketball team, getting interest from Division III schools. But football is in her blood - her father, Tom Dimeglio, was a high school teammate of Michael Irvin, Bennie Blades and Brian Blades. Tom Dimeglio went to a Dolphins game with a friend once, saw the friend's sister there and soon married her.

Their daughters, Erin and Amy, have a deep bond, with Amy making the three-hour drive home from Orlando each of the past two weekends to see her sister play. (Erin Dimeglio got a full series last week in South Plantation's preseason game.)

"A long drive, but it's worth it," Amy Dimeglio said.

The only thing coach Doug Gatewood - who got this ball rolling as her girls flag football coach, deciding she had more than enough talent in her right arm to play with boys - promised her parents was that if she played, she would only be put in situations where she could be effective.

Down by four points at halftime Friday, it seemed unlikely a third-stringer would see the field.

Her team rallied. The defense got stops, and with about 1:40 left - several minutes after "Put Erin in! Put Erin in!" chants started - Dimeglio ran into the huddle.

Her huddle.

Dwarfed by linemen, Dimeglio called the play, aligned her team in the shotgun, took the snap and handed off to Daniel Dayes for a 5-yard gain. A similar play followed, with Dayes getting 23 yards that time, and Dimeglio returned to the sideline to celebrate with giddy teammates.

"The team has been great to Erin from Day 1," Tom Dimeglio said. "They've all been fantastic. I want to definitely applaud all the boys playing. They've supported her in every way. They're out there looking out for her."

When the final whistle sounded, Erin Dimeglio was the first player in line at midfield to shake hands with Nova's team. Her parents were hesitant about the entire notion of her playing at first, but simply couldn't stop beaming and yelling when the moment finally arrived.

"It was a great feeling, but I think it should be about the whole team, a team effort, not just me," she wrote Saturday on Twitter.

Injuries are a concern, of course.

Her parents said she currently has a slightly torn labrum - her throwing shoulder, no less. She's played through broken noses and dislocated fingers. She's even dealt with a concussion.

But those injuries came from basketball, not football.

"Girls varsity basketball can get really violent," Kathleen Dimeglio said. "At least out here, she's wearing a helmet and pads."

Erin Dimeglio wants to be just like every other player. So when Gatewood offered his third-string quarterback a handshake at the end of the night, she grasped his hand firmly.

And with that, Gatewood called her "sweetie."

No, she's not like every other player. Apparently, she's not like any other in state history, either.

"Don't give up on your dreams," she said, when asked what advice she'd give other girls. "Keep dreaming."

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/h ... z27V8q9gDF
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby barracuda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Project Willow wrote:Oh, FFS. Ouch! What about their skin? Don't they get rug-burns?

Yeah, sorry about that. The LFL is an objectifying and exploitative travesty, that's for sure. But maybe it'll merge with the IWFL someday.

barracuda

Postby Alfred Joe's Boy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Walter Payton added about a thousand yards onto his lifetime stats by getting refs to spot the ball at his reach.

Walter Payton NEVER ran out bounds.
Alfred Joe's Boy

Postby Sepka » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:14 pm

barracuda wrote:The LFL is an objectifying and exploitative travesty, that's for sure.

Unlike the NFL, where absolutely nobody watches to see the guys show off their well-muscled butts in their skintight pants.
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Postby Nordic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 pm

They're REALLY upset about this in Spain.

It's good to see people get their priorities straight, especially here in the USA
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby barracuda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Sepka wrote:
barracuda wrote:The LFL is an objectifying and exploitative travesty, that's for sure.

Unlike the NFL, where absolutely nobody watches to see the guys show off their well-muscled butts in their skintight pants.

I didn't mean the uniforms. I meant the poor deal the players get from the league owners. They're unpaid and uninsured, as far as I'm aware.

There's not a thing wrong with enjoying looking at beautiful athletes, imo, men or women. Or beautiful people, either. Or any people for that matter.
barracuda

Postby barracuda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Alfred Joe's Boy wrote:Walter Payton added about a thousand yards onto his lifetime stats by getting refs to spot the ball at his reach.

Walter Payton NEVER ran out bounds.

Nothing against Payton, but he was pretty straightforward about the little move he'd pull at the end of every run, making the ball touch ground by his head or even further if he could. And the refs very often simply gave him that extra two feet with the spot, which added up.

One day God picked up a chisel and decided to make himself a halfback, and he called him Sweetness. I stopped paying attention to football after he won a Superbowl.
barracuda

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 pm

This is easily the most important issue on the American agenda today. Strong blah blah even just eavesdropping on the street. bks thinks it must be significant since this is like, the first time ever most of the blah blah is for a union, however.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News