Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Welcome to... Out Behind The Saloon

Postby Laodicean » Thu May 01, 2014 8:53 am

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby psynapz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:04 am

Still here...
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Laodicean » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:22 am

Laodicean

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Marijuana may be even safer than previously thought, researchers say washingtonpost.com 23 Feb 2015

Compared with other recreational drugs — including alcohol — marijuana may be even safer than previously thought. And researchers may be systematically underestimating risks associated with alcohol use.

Those are the top-line findings of recent research published in the journal Scientific Reports, a subsidiary of Nature. Researchers sought to quantify the risk of death associated with the use of a variety of commonly used substances. They found that at the level of individual use, alcohol was the deadliest substance, followed by heroin and cocaine.

And all the way at the bottom of the list? Weed — roughly 114 times less deadly than booze, according to the authors, who ran calculations that compared lethal doses of a given substance with the amount that a typical person uses. Marijuana is also the only drug studied that posed a low mortality risk to its users.

These findings reinforce drug-safety rankings developed 10 years ago under a slightly different methodology. So in that respect, the study is more of a reaffirmation of previous findings than anything else. But given the current national and international debates over the legal status of marijuana and the risks associated with its use, the study arrives at a good time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/23/marijuana-may-be-even-safer-than-previously-thought-researchers-say/
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:39 am

15 mins from where I live...major suburbia

'Cannabis forest' discovered in London BBC News 25 Sep 2015

Scores of cannabis plants have been discovered growing in a remote area of disused land in south-west London.

Police found the cannabis patch, covering an area the size of a football pitch, after a call from a member of the public in Kingston.

They found more than 150 plants, some more than 5ft (1.5m) tall. The plants are to be destroyed.

cont - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34359775

GUTTED. :crybaby
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:43 am

well I've known this for 40 years nice that someone is playing catch up :leprechaun:

First of Its Kind Study Finds Virtually No Driving Impairment Under the Influence of Marijuana
October 3, 2015 - 6:52am

The first study to analyze the effects of cannabis on driving performance found that it caused almost no impairment. The impairment that it did cause was similar to that observed under the influence of a legal alcohol limit.

Researchers at the University of Iowa’s National Advanced Driving Simulator carried out the study, sponsored by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, National Institute of Drug Abuse, and the Office of National Drug Control Policy
“Once in the simulator—a 1996 Malibu sedan mounted in a 24-feet diameter dome—the drivers were assessed on weaving within the lane, how often the car left the lane, and the speed of the weaving. Drivers with only alcohol in their systems showed impairment in all three areas while those strictly under the influence of vaporized cannabis only demonstrated problems weaving within the lane.
Drivers with blood concentrations of 13.1 ug/L THC, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient in marijuana, showed increased weaving that was similar to those with a .08 breath alcohol concentration, the legal limit in most states. The legal limit for THC in Washington and Colorado is 5 ug/L, the same amount other states have considered.”
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby DrEvil » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:48 pm

seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:43 pm wrote:well I've known this for 40 years nice that someone is playing catch up :leprechaun:

First of Its Kind Study Finds Virtually No Driving Impairment Under the Influence of Marijuana
October 3, 2015 - 6:52am

The first study to analyze the effects of cannabis on driving performance found that it caused almost no impairment. The impairment that it did cause was similar to that observed under the influence of a legal alcohol limit.

Researchers at the University of Iowa’s National Advanced Driving Simulator carried out the study, sponsored by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, National Institute of Drug Abuse, and the Office of National Drug Control Policy
“Once in the simulator—a 1996 Malibu sedan mounted in a 24-feet diameter dome—the drivers were assessed on weaving within the lane, how often the car left the lane, and the speed of the weaving. Drivers with only alcohol in their systems showed impairment in all three areas while those strictly under the influence of vaporized cannabis only demonstrated problems weaving within the lane.
Drivers with blood concentrations of 13.1 ug/L THC, or delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient in marijuana, showed increased weaving that was similar to those with a .08 breath alcohol concentration, the legal limit in most states. The legal limit for THC in Washington and Colorado is 5 ug/L, the same amount other states have considered.”

My personal experience with this is going 10mph while screaming OHMYGODTHISISTOOFAST!
We even got pulled over by the cops once for going too slow. :)

I think the main difference is that when stoned you're conscious of the fact that you are stoned and act accordingly, but while drunk you're not.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Laodicean » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Set it free again.

Edit to sprinkle some of this:

Laodicean

Postby Laodicean » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Posting this....bc...well...that belt buckle bowl. :praybow
Laodicean

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:12 pm

...the main difference is that when stoned you're conscious of the fact that you are stoned and act accordingly

I'm sure!
Iamwhomiam

Postby Laodicean » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:12 am wrote:
...the main difference is that when stoned you're conscious of the fact that you are stoned and act accordingly

I'm sure!

Me too!

Laodicean

Postby chump » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:17 pm

chump

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News