Jackass awards

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jackass awards

Postby thatsmystory » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:02 am

Ok it's out of left field but so what.

I nominate The Edge. U2 guitarist.

Anything over 50 points=jackass qualification.

1)50 points for the name The Edge.

2)The hat. 10 points.

3)The goatee. 10 points.

70 points right there. I like the guy but oh well.

Van Diemen's Land vocals= -10 jackass points.

Lemon= -10 jackass points.

Now he is right on...the edge. (no comment)
thatsmystory

Blog: View Blog (0)

one bank

Postby IanEye » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 am

one doubt
one voice
one war
one truth
one dream

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: one bank

Postby thatsmystory » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:15 am

IanEye wrote:

one doubt
one voice
one war
one truth
one dream

Heartfelt emotionally draining performances do not qualify for the jackass awards.

50 points for anyone who checked out Van Dieman's Land on youtube. Unacceptable! But if you did you could have chosen the acoustic version with The Edge in full goatee and hat with Bono and his shades (25 points).
thatsmystory

Re: Jackass awards

Postby thatsmystory » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:41 am

Am I surprised this hasn't been merged with the "shit faced" thread? Not at all. No way would I have created this thread under the influence of Coors Light. Ok fine I'm not drinking Coors Light. I'm not susceptible to corporate advertising. That's why I drink Budweiser.

Here we go. Bono trying to outshine the Edge on the vocals but not even playing guitar cause he knows The Edge has it covered.

thatsmystory

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I was born in Van Diemen's Land, and there's nothing wrong with that song, I've got ancestors from Ireland who arrived there nearly 200 years ago (as convicts obviously). Edge's vocals are no worse than mine.

How many points does Bono get for holding that fucking guitar like a prop?

FWIW The view out our old back window is one of the loneliest in the world. You can look south and its nothing but thousands of miles of ocean then Antarctica.

After Google earth I discovered that if you keep looking and could see all the way around the world that view would not see inhabited land for 10's of thousands of miles - the other side is the Atlantics the the Arctic then the Eastern edge of Russia.

so much emptiness...
Joe Hillshoist

Postby thatsmystory » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:30 am

Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 02, 2013 10:20 pm wrote:I was born in Van Diemen's Land, and there's nothing wrong with that song, I've got ancestors from Ireland who arrived there nearly 200 years ago (as convicts obviously). Edge's vocals are no worse than mine.

How many points does Bono get for holding that fucking guitar like a prop?

FWIW The view out our old back window is one of the loneliest in the world. You can look south and its nothing but thousands of miles of ocean then Antarctica.

After Google earth I discovered that if you keep looking and could see all the way around the world that view would not see inhabited land for 10's of thousands of miles - the other side is the Atlantics the the Arctic then the Eastern edge of Russia.

so much emptiness...

Bono's percussive use of the guitar was nothing short of genius. Full stop.

I've always liked the song especially the original sung by the Edge.
thatsmystory

Return to The Lounge & Member News