reddit thread - creepy things children say

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

reddit thread - creepy things children say

Postby OpLan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm

whats the creepiest thing your young child has said?

Interesting thread if you're into reincarnation/invisible friend/psychic stories,or just like to laugh at kids being kids.Creepy and hilarious stuff..out of the mouths of babes indeed.

sample story:

Between the ages of two and six my son would tell me the same story of how he picked me to be his mother. He said something about being with a man in a suit and picking a mother that would help him accomplish his souls mission (I'm atheist, so we didn't discuss spirituality at that point, nor was he raised in any sort of religious environment). The way he described it was that it was similar to grocery shopping, that he was in a bright room with people who were lined up like dolls, and that he picked me. The man in the suit asked him if he was sure, he replied that he was, and then he was born.

My son also had an early fascination with WWII era planes. He could identify them, their parts, what region they were used in and the like. I still have no idea where he got that information. I'm a science gal, his dad is a math guy.

We have always called him "Grandpa" because of his peaceful and gingerly demeanor. This kid seriously has an old soul.
OpLan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: reddit thread - creepy things children say

Postby Simulist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 pm

My 3 year old daughter stood next to her new born brother and looked at him for awhile then turned and looked at me and said, "Daddy it's a monster... we should bury it."

Wednesday Addams... is ALIVE!
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: reddit thread - creepy things children say

Postby Nordic » Thu May 02, 2013 3:04 am

Wow, I love this. Thanks for sharing it.

My own son has said many things like these. Some of them I've recounted here, some not. It's such a fascinating thing to me.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Return to The Lounge & Member News