New Yorkers, please check in (Jersey allowed)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

New Yorkers, please check in (Jersey allowed)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm

There's been talk of another RI get-together and drinkathon. We were on the brink of it months ago but let it drop. Who was and/or is up for it? kelley, I remember... dada, thurnundtaxis.... the long-gone pazdispenser (who is missed). Speak up! None of you came to the Hollywood and CIA thing, which maybe is just as well for bks and moi, since ya'd all known too damn much. By doing the brief overview without all the possible detaials we wowed an audience of 30+. No kidding! However, one guy got me by wondering why we didn't mention William Casey as a founder of ABC. I congratulated him for reminding me and said he should come up and run the panel! (He didn't, but laugh lines are important if you're an academic without Portfolio or, in my case, not even enough Paper to Justify Your Existence. Then you gotta keep'em charmed.)
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New Yorkers, please check in (Jersey allowed)

Postby dada » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Next week, Jimmy's Corner. Any week night but Tuesday works for me.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New Yorkers, please check in (Jersey allowed)

Postby justdrew » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 pm

JackRiddler » 10 Jun 2013 19:41 wrote:There's been talk of another RI get-together and drinkathon. We were on the brink of it months ago but let it drop. Who was and/or is up for it? kelley, I remember... dada, thurnundtaxis.... the long-gone pazdispenser (who is missed). Speak up! None of you came to the Hollywood and CIA thing, which maybe is just as well for bks and moi, since ya'd all known too damn much. By doing the brief overview without all the possible detaials we wowed an audience of 30+. No kidding! However, one guy got me by wondering why we didn't mention William Casey as a founder of ABC. I congratulated him for reminding me and said he should come up and run the panel! (He didn't, but laugh lines are important if you're an academic without Portfolio or, in my case, not even enough Paper to Justify Your Existence. Then you gotta keep'em charmed.)

hey Jack, if you've got that stuff down to a good pater that would work in an radio format, you should look into getting booked on
http://wfmu.org/playlists/TI

his new 'format' would probably work well for a talk on the subject, some possible phone in too.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Return to The Lounge & Member News