A quick note to TPTB

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A quick note to TPTB

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Dear PTB

Hey guys - just wanted to keep you in the loop, you know, what with how busy you are putting out all these fires that keep popping up all over the place - we all understand how sometimes it's difficult to take a moment to view the bigger picture when you're having to devote so much of your attention to keeping everything in it's correct and proper place!

Anyway... we like to do things a little differently from the way you do - and to that end we're going to spell out our plans to help steer this wonderful planet towards something a little less unbalanced.

We view you as the opponent, but not in the the way you view us as the opponent - something to be manipulated, and if that fails, something to be crushed, bombed, persecuted or killed - no; we view you as a faintly ridiculous, old fashioned, dare I say anachranistic peoples of a bygone era. A bit like the KKK, apartheid, Empire, civil war (gotta respect the spin name you gave that one!) - these are concepts that have gone/are going the way of the dinosaur - just like you are!

Now... I suspect you guys are jealously worried about losing all your personal stuff - the power, the execuive planes, the prestige, the houses, the land and especially the number of zeroes in your bank accounts - but don't be - because we don't want them either! We're not looking to knock out the old guard and replace them with another - we're looking for something totally different! That's the exciting part for us and it's something that bombs and threats cannot suppress - hooray!

Let's face it, we've reached the point where the way you guys run things really isn't working out too well for anyone except yourselves. I understand, I really do, that your stewardship has led to many modern wonders and at the top of that list - the internet - has truly set so many peoples minds' free. New ideas can be transmitted around the world in seconds! The truly wonderful, cosmic irony is that you have delivered to us the mechanisms for the demise of the system you have fastidiously built - and it's a gift we can only thank you for!

One last thing - and this may sound a little odd, but think about it just for a bit - we could really do with your help in the journey we are about take. You clearly have exceptional organisational skills at your command, which if redirected could be of great benefit to any new paradigm - once you've come to terms with the fact that what you've created is no longer viable. Here's hoping!
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: A quick note to TPTB

Postby norton ash » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Mmm? Ehh, nothing, never mind.

So good evening, I'm Norton, I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you with drinks?
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Gnomad » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:25 pm

I can raise to that, dodger!
(and not only can, but am)
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby Elvis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Replies We Might Expect to See:

Dear Mr. coffin_dodger,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your insightful analysis and thoughtful suggestions. We'd like to help, and we are always looking for intelligent and capable people such as yourself. We offer excellent opportunities for advancement, and our generous compensation package includes many benefits.

Further, we are interested in supporting a book-length treatment of your ideas. We invite you to visit our office, where we can discuss these and other topics in greater detail.

Sincerely,
TPTB
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Return to The Lounge & Member News