I had an important point to make...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I had an important point to make...

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 pm

coffin_dodger, can you address the patent impossibility (if not live up to the revealing psychodynamics) of your preposterous claim that you've researched every single one of your presumably tens of thousands of ancestors dating back to 1650, and assured yourself that none of them whatsoever had any proclivities to commit evil or violence?

Or was that supposed to be satire of some kind?

===

Here is a mathematical certainty about some of the people we ALL have in our genetic ancestry, without exception: royalty (self-deigned, as in all such cases), rapists, murderers, child abusers, sadists, mass killers and mass rapists, and, of course, wily and cunning conspirators to crimes of genocide, mass killing and mass rape. I think something like 60% of the world's population has just Genghis Khan in there. You need not go back very many centuries to guarantee that we all have such characters in there.

We can all stand to GTFOO.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes Jack - you're right, of course - it was a preposterous claim. My stepmother spent 10+ years and produced a 2000 page tome tracing back my fathers ancestry all the way back to 1650 when my paternal ancestor arrived in England from Holland. I haven't read it all, because it doesn't light my fire like it does for her. She told me that she'd found no murderers or, in fact, any indication that the ancestors she studied were involved in violent crime on any level. And absolutely no-one famous - in any field. Quite a few suicides though.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:39 pm

coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 am wrote:Yes Jack - you're right, of course - it was a preposterous claim. My stepmother spent 10+ years and produced a 2000 page tome tracing back my fathers ancestry all the way back to 1650 when my paternal ancestor arrived in England from Holland. I haven't read it all, because it doesn't light my fire like it does for her. She told me that she'd found no murderers or, in fact, any indication that the ancestors she studied were involved in violent crime on any level. And absolutely no-one famous - in any field. Quite a few suicides though.

Impressive work by your mother. But just to clarify, this was one household or family line, right? Meaning the father of the father of the father of the father, and perhaps a bit of their direct relatives or of the household.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:27 pm

But just to clarify, this was one household or family line, right? Meaning the father of the father of the father of the father, and perhaps a bit of their direct relatives or of the household.

yep, pretty much so.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News