what next?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

what next?

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

I need RI's help- what should I be researching? I'm sick of standard politics; same ol same ol. I mean, I follow it.
UFO's? Ancient religions? I know there are tons of awesome RI threads that I've missed- any recommendations? The first couple pages GD aren't doing much for me.
I just read Graham Hancock's book "Supernatural," which I thought was fantastic, though I know Hancock got mixed reviews on a thread here a while back. But that book in particular was right on point. I'm now reading "The Psychedelic Future of the Mind" by Thomas Roberts, which is what it is. Someone mentioned Richard Sauder, an author on underground military bases- has anyone read him?
I feel like I want to be going an RI direction in my information absorption, but I'm not sure what that means. Who's on a fascinating kick that they want to share?
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: what next?

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 am

You managed to make this three! I say the first one with a reply should be the one to stay. This one.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Project Willow » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 am

Fixed.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:34 am

Hey WS2 - I saw Graham Hancock in London about a month ago and although his talk didn't cover any new ground, it was great to get a 'feel for the man himself' - and the impression I had that he's a very genuine human being was confirmed. As well as some of his own material, his web site has some interesting articles posted by different authors here : http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/default.htm

Hancock (and others, including Lewis E Graham, author of this piece http://www.grahamhancock.com/promotions ... lume-I.pdf - ) have been saying for a long time that a cosmic impact c13k years ago caused a quickening of the already underway ice-age melt, wiping out advanced civilisations overnight and spawning mankinds 'great flood' collective memories. Interesting that this snippet of news - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23536567 - appears just in the last week! Hancock is also convinced that many of the ancient monuments that stand in place today are built on the foundations of much, much earlier sites. Some recent (and not so recent) RI activity on possible sites:
Ancient 'Lost City' found in Cambodian Jungle - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36592
Indonesia: StoneHenge, with singing rocks - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36909
7,000 years older than Stonehenge (Gobekli tepi) - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17426&hilit=gobekli
These examples are just a few amongst many and appear to be opening up new avenues of research and perhaps an overdue re-writing of ancient history.

In a similar(ish) vein, in my search for explanations regarding the acceleration of time and consciousness - I found Ian Lungolds 'Mayan calendar comes North' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ufWklydk3U) very interesting, not least for it's thesis that the Mayan people 'comfortably locked themselves into their correct time, place and consciousness' with their pretty sophisticated calendars. I originally came across this presentation because I was feeling that time was speeding up (yes, I know :eeyaa ) and was intreagued that Lungold's interpretation of the calendars included a reason for this feeling. (The talk is somewhat let down at the end by Lungolds hubris at prediction, but that's fine - to err is human!)

Another talk I found that resonated with me - this time from Geoffrey West - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFFVSvAr7Wc - A particle physicist for 40yrs, Geoffrey has a more scientific theory about the speeding nature of time and consciousness and where we're headed collectively. I found his reasoning, methodolgy and theorum to be pretty convincing.

Incidentally, Rupert Sheldrakes 'The Science Delusion' is quite an eye-opener if you've never questioned the basic tenets of science before!

Anyway, hope I'm not too wide of the mark or that you have already been down these avenues - cheers!
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 am

hi guys

what's next?.... this thread :hug1:

pm people here that you know will understand this thread and tell them to get to the lounge

I love syncs so when the thread about Bezos led me to the LongNow...I went back to that wonderful breathe of fresh air Rock thread (thanks Search) and tried again to watch without too much interruption the 6 hrs. of Anthony West vids (I'm on vid 3 now)....and then wordspeak2 starts this thread... LISTEN TO THE ROCKS...BALANCE .....it's a question of balance

let's use this thread for balance :) and get to the LongNow

Just open your heart
And that's a start

After he had journeyed
And his feet were sore
And he was tired
He came upon an orange grove
And he rested

And he lay in the cool
And while he rested
He took to himself an orange
And tasted it
And it was good

And he felt the earth to his spine
And he asked
And he saw the tree above him
And the stars
And the veins in the leaf
And the light
And the balance

And he saw magnificent perfection
Whereon, he thought of himself in balance
And he knew he was

Just open your eyes
And realize
The way it's always been
Just open your mind
And you will find
The way it's always been
Just open your heart
And that's a start

And he thought of those he angered
For he was not a violent man
And he thought of those he hurt
For he was not a cruel man
And he thought of those he frightened
For he was not an evil man
And he understood...
He understood himself

Upon this he saw
That when he was of anger
Or knew hurt
Or felt fear
It was because he was not understanding

And he learned
~~Compassion~~

And with his eye of compassion
He saw his enemies like unto himself

And he learned
~~Love~~

Then, he was answered

Just open your eyes
And realize
The way it's always been
Just open your mind
And you will find
The way it's always been
Just open your heart
And that's a start

Just open your eyes
And realize
The way it's always been

Just open your mind
And you will find
The way it's always been

Just open your heart
And that's a start

listen to the whole album when ya get the chance

thanks coffin_dodger now I am interrupted to watch the Lungold vid....again :lovehearts:

and I think this is the vid that Starman posted in the other thread..the original one has been deleted

WHERE ARE YOU STARMAN? :lovehearts: :lovehearts: :lovehearts:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Perelandra » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 pm

You should be researching what interests you.

Start with the Book Forum or another sub-forum. Treasures abound. I couldn't do without the search functions to get other perspectives on my areas of interest. Subjects from here allow me to gain insights elsewhere, as well. For instance, I recently brought up the "singing rocks" article and got a fascinating geology lesson.

I posted this before, but it comes to mind: A recent fortune I received said, "Curiousity killed boredom. Nothing killed curiousity."
Last edited by Perelandra on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby slimmouse » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Because Im both kinda lazy and getting old, I tend to go for listening to information these days.

One of the great things about this place for me is the treasure trove of leads and links that will surely expand anyones understanding of a lot of topics that just dont wouldnt get "airtime" elsewhere.

From these, Ive been led in a few directions myself, and can offer you what I believe could lead you on some interesting tangients.

The slad videos mentioned above ( John Anthony Wests "invisible Egypt" series) are to me some pretty vital viewing. They have always stood out to me as one of the highlights of my association with RI.

I also got a link to a philosopher called Neil Kramer, who strikes me a really useful crititcal thinker and philosopher, whose every next podcast I look foreward to. He recently ddi a series of what he calls "roamcasts", which one can only assume clearly arent scripted, and as such are always interesting to muse over. His interviews meanwhile are always worth a listen IMHO.

Red Ice radio is also a firm fave of mine , along with the "mysterious universe" guys and their podcast, which do occassionally turn up the odd gem.

Oh and just a final reccomendation. If you havent read Strassman's mini research epic "The spirit Molecule", its very easily digestible and relatively short. Well worth the time.

All of the abvove said, Perleandra hit the nail of the head. Go where you personally wish to go first and foremost.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby 0_0 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Enjoy life if and where possible, take care of your loved ones if you have any, give up on reading about esoteric subjects. This would be advice i'd give myself. I'm not qualified to give anyone else any. Best thing i ever read was Schopenhauer's complete works.
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 pm

I think there is an intuition that needs to be followed and sometimes it seems to want to go in surprising directions. Hearing and watching gamelan struck a huge chord with me and has been taking me in a direction away from the more political side of paraculture into questioning just how "Western" it is and how alien the Indonesian worldview is. Taking a frame that actually we are REALLY NOT more educated, spiritual, insightful or important than the life of a Javanese rice farmer and they have a history and world that is different and strange as Zeta Reticuli.
If you were to draw a 2000 mile circle from Hainan island off southern China it scoops Indonesia Vietnam -and more humans live inside that circle than any equivalent circle on Earth. Angkor Wat was the biggest urban settlement in the world. Both the Javanese and the Vietnamese defeated the superpower of Kublai Khan.
What.The.Fuck

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/mankinds-cradle-of-civilisation-found-in-java
750000 tons of rock brought to create a huge city in Polynesia
http://pages.uoregon.edu/wsayres/pohnpei/NanMadol.html

Challenge your assumptions about paraculture, about our history, our Western rationalist importance and jump into the Unknown about the Earth. And about the hideously Sol-centric view of life we swim in. Search out what makes your body tingle and feels like fresh air to your mind :)
Searcher08

Postby KUAN » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:45 am

The whole thing was available to watch free at one time, could be still. That part of the world is v. mysterious.
KUAN

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:59 am

Whassamatter?

Dontcha like poetry?

Sheesh.

Love youse guys.

I love dat Moody Blues album too.

Chill guys.

Don't confuse yerselves.

Just be good!

Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:01 am

Hancock and Sheldrake are good.

If I have time, I might check the John Anthony West stuff myself.

But ya know, I already learnt plenty.

Hammer of Los

Postby justdrew » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:55 pm

... one damn thing after another*.

* and we don't even know who said that first.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby justdrew » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:20 am

ok. a more serious answer...

for me, I'm going to be looking into Russian astronomer/astrophysicist Nikolai Kozyrev.

Investigator of Transient Lunar Phenomena, seeker of the Ashen Light of Venus, Ponderer on the Source of Internal Heat in the Stars and Planets, Synthesist of a novel theory of Causal Mechanics/Theory of Time, Inventor of Kozyrev Mirrors... etc...

http://www.chronos.msu.ru/EREPORTS/levich_substan_inter/levich_substan_inter.htm

and check out these videos :shock2:

classic :thumbsup

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby wordspeak2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:08 am

Thanks, you all! I'll follow all links and watch all videos. Sorry, I get caught on Reddit sometimes, trying to be an activist or something (you all are welcome to join over at reddit.com/r/conspiracy, if influencing the younger generation is something you aspire to). I'd like to spend more time over here, though.

coffin_dodger, thanks for the Graham Hancock. I think I'm going to check out Fingerprints of the Gods. Also, one of the more fascinating books I've ever read was "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby, which gets into a DNA-based theory on the origins of humanity- strongly recommended.

I think for me personally I've lost my intellectual focus that I very barely had in the first place due to being on the run from the po-lice after a kid of serious weed bust of which I was the victim. I had to re-locate to Colorado and go semi-underground (nothing federal or anything, though, just Massachusetts state charges). But I'm safe and happy in Colorado, land of the free, looking forward to smoking DMT again, got the life logistics worked out, and trying to find that intellectual groove (as well as the spiritual one, but that's happening). And, hey, one of my new trailer park neighbors is awesome! ...Except for the Eustace Mullins/ZundelRense fanship. Oh well, I really think I moved him today as we chatted for an hour at the mailboxes. "Hitler was forced to do it; the Zionists had declared war." What does one say? I think I handled it pretty well....
wordspeak2

Return to The Lounge & Member News