Postby Gnomad » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:38 pm

YANKEE GO HOME! Finland 5 USA 0
Heehee!
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: olympic hockey bronze

Postby Project Willow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Seriously, it gets so tiring seeing the US dominate some sports at the Olympics. Congrats to Finland!

Also, very tiring to see more fudgy judging in figure skating.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Gnomad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I don't even watch any sports usually.

But made an exception this time, as the game was playing at a friends screen while we were spending the evening there.
Otherwise boycotted the whole Olympics, and don't have a tv either...

Still, it was nice to watch the US team miss 2 penalty shots and score a 0 overall ;)
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby Elihu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Gnomad wrote:I don't even watch any sports usually.

But made an exception this time, as the game was playing at a friends screen while we were spending the evening there.
Otherwise boycotted the whole Olympics, and don't have a tv either...

Still, it was nice to watch the US team miss 2 penalty shots and score a 0 overall ;)
Project Willow wrote:Also, very tiring to see more fudgy judging in figure skating.
Congratulations Finland! the ? in figure skating? ;)
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby Elihu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:08 pm

and Canada. let us not forget Canada. epitomized by the great steve Yzerman perhaps we could, maybe, on a good day, if we were lucky, form a world all star team that might perhaps maybe possibly hypothetically entertain the notion of possibly besting team canada. in one out of ten games of some sort of global hockey championship. maybe. but i doubt it. may the tropics never head north canucks.
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby 82_28 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:54 pm

The Americans just plain flat out quit in that bronze medal game. Their agents and coaches probably contacted them telling them to focus on their contracts and games ahead back in North America and not winning the bronze and look at the game as just practice for when they return.

Yeah, Finland won, but it was just an excercise session all told by team USA as they are all on the home stretch towards the playoffs. This is because all in all, for Russia, Canada and USA nothing but gold would do.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Gnomad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:51 pm

I doubt that. The most entertaining part of the whole game was the facial expressions of Patrcik Kane after either of the missed penalty shots ;)

They got their asses handed to them.

Besides, quite a few of the finnish team also play in the NHL. Most notable Teemu Selänne, of course, who has done a long career over there.

And Canada-Finland was only 2-1 :D
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Return to The Lounge & Member News