How Young are We?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

How Young are We?

Postby NeonLX » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:54 pm

I sometimes get curious to find out whether I'm the oldest person here...so I'll give my stats first:

I'm 54. I'm married and have one kid--a daughter who's in college.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: How Young are We?

Postby Elvis » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:22 pm

NeonLX wrote:I sometimes get curious to find out whether I'm the oldest person here

Sorry, kid, I'm three years older than you. :tongue:

Why, when I was your age, we didn't have all these complicated N-S-A spying revelations and controversies, or a bunch of fancy "analysis" about it, we lived our lives and minded our business knowing damn well they were watching us every minute, and we liked it!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NeonLX » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 am

Ha. Excellent!

One of my daughter's friends asked me how old I am. I replied that I was born when Eisenhower was president. She then asked, "who's that?" I said that he was the president after Lincoln. She had no idea that I was trying to be funny.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm

You're younger than more than a few, Neon. At least you didn't tell her, "Why, you're no bigger than a chippy's fart." My great-grandfather would tell my very young mother who was being raised by his blind wife. Age is relative and seems to be limited to our physical being. Wisdom is non-material and ageless, eternal, if you will, and can be often be found within the very young and entirely absent in many of our aged.
Iamwhomiam

Postby justdrew » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:35 pm

the documents say I'm XXXXIV but I'd pass for XXXIV and feel XXIV these days

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby peartreed » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:27 am

I’m a post-war pacifist Baby Boomer fortunate enough to meet my grandchildren and still young enough to play with them happily, energetically, joyfully, while secretly worried about their future. Online I’m less concerned with others’ age than their maturity, but, like my love for my progeny and species, I appreciate the kinder hearts and mutual tolerance. Still, six decades have taught me to be protectively and proactively watchful. So I squint my wrinkled vision and visage even when I’m laughing. My long life is mostly rewarded by love - and the constant quest for wit and wisdom. When I find it I am phenomenally fulfilled. That drives my creativity.
peartreed

Postby elfismiles » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 am

closing in on 43 ... in about t-minus 3.5 months ...
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:29 am

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Eighteen 'till I die.

Physical spacetime incarnation in current continuum aged 47 of your earth years.
Hammer of Los

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:...Physical spacetime incarnation in current continuum aged 47 of your earth years.

Snap! But feel waaaaay older.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm 41. Lately I've been feeling quite old. I would like to get active again, but for some reason the energy just isn't there. Or maybe the motivation isn't there. Whatever it is, it's killing me slowly. I feel like a heart attack waiting to happen. I've tried to cut down my sugar intake, I drink a pop maybe once a week, as opposed to 4 or 5 times a week. I switched to drinking fruit juices, only to find out to my chagrin, they contain almost as much sugar as soft drinks. Could us a vacation . . . to a fat camp.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby DrEvil » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 pm

24 in hexadecimal. :)
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby NeonLX » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am

Of course, I have no idea of how many past lives I've been through. If any.

I grew a beard last year. It actually came out red, just like it did when I was 20. I have a few wisps of gray in it but the red certainly predominates. People I work with say the beard makes me look younger, so I'm going with that. It constrasts well with my shaved head.

My wife absolutely hates it, however.
NeonLX

Postby justdrew » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

Handsome B. Wonderful » 03 Mar 2014 13:20 wrote:I'm 41. Lately I've been feeling quite old. I would like to get active again, but for some reason the energy just isn't there. Or maybe the motivation isn't there. Whatever it is, it's killing me slowly. I feel like a heart attack waiting to happen. I've tried to cut down my sugar intake, I drink a pop maybe once a week, as opposed to 4 or 5 times a week. I switched to drinking fruit juices, only to find out to my chagrin, they contain almost as much sugar as soft drinks. Could us a vacation . . . to a fat camp.

find a naturopathic doc and get your thyroid levels tested.
then cut out the carbs for awhile, particularly wheat-based carbs but also rice, etc. anything with a high glycemic index.
also 500mg of acetaminophen twice a day (~12 hour intervals) can really help tamp down the existential dread.
up your intake of olive oil and coconut oil (including the expeller press refined stuff that stays liquid and is mostly MCTs) whey protein and the oils will do wonders. mix with good cinnamon (buy organic), and powdered spirulina & clorella, and freshly ground flax seed sometimes.
After your week or two ketosis induction, you'll find you've dropped a substantial amount. Be drinking 2-3 quarts water per day.
and boom, you're on the royal road to good health. just. like. that.
Ashwaganda 2-3 500mg per day would help too. and get big ol' tub of refined omega-3 fish oil pills, NOW foods has good choices. (pills contain a mix of omega-3 and 6 in the right ratio.)
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:29 pm

isn't everyone here on levothyroxine?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Next

Return to The Lounge & Member News