What if you never had to worry about food again?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What if you never had to worry about food again?

Postby Nordic » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:09 am

http://www.soylent.nu/

Yes, Soylent. Order it now!
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: What if you never had to worry about food again?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:11 pm

I'd be sad.

Worrying about food has been the impetus for most of my best work.

Not to mention my best meals!
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm

WombaticusRex wrote:Worrying about food has been the impetus for most of my best work.

And all of my worst.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Much of what passes for work under advanced capitalism could accurately be described as eating other people.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby FourthBase » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:23 am

I wouldn't miss food much. As it is, most meals in America today already involve eating murder victims, they just happen to be hooved and feathered. If the world could be fed with a meatless pill or a vitamin fruit smoothie or a green soy-based food-substitute? Hallelujah. "Soylent Green" might as well have been beef industry counter-propaganda. Congratulations on eating it up, lol, you irrationally fear "green" and "soy" and the very concept of trying to replace food-as-we-know-it and fuck, it's so bad that you instinctively associate the concept with a holocaust-level cannibalism conspiracy, lmfao, when the real-life version of such an attempt would be the exact opposite, would be a move away from the programmed-by-evolution cannibalism that is mammals-eating-mammals. Shit, even as a radical vegetarian (the only sensible kind) I wouldn't object to insects being farmed and mashed up and incorporated into a campaign to eradicate malnutrition, perhaps in the form of cookies or smoothies...and yet even I would feel a momentary resistance to a greenish soy product which promised to end our need to eat full meals.* Don't let anyone ever tell you that movies don't influence us. You've been strongly predisposed -- we all are -- to feel the exact opposite of what we ought to feel. Meat businessmen might as well own your mind.

*We don't need full meals as it is. You can survive on, say, oranges and coconuts alone.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:03 pm

FourthBase » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 am wrote:I wouldn't miss food much. As it is, most meals in America today already involve eating murder victims, they just happen to be hooved and feathered. If the world could be fed with a meatless pill or a vitamin fruit smoothie or a green soy-based food-substitute? Hallelujah. "Soylent Green" might as well have been beef industry counter-propaganda. Congratulations on eating it up, lol, you irrationally fear "green" and "soy" and the very concept of trying to replace food-as-we-know-it and fuck, it's so bad that you instinctively associate the concept with a holocaust-level cannibalism conspiracy, lmfao, when the real-life version of such an attempt would be the exact opposite, would be a move away from the programmed-by-evolution cannibalism that is mammals-eating-mammals. Shit, even as a radical vegetarian (the only sensible kind) I wouldn't object to insects being farmed and mashed up and incorporated into a campaign to eradicate malnutrition, perhaps in the form of cookies or smoothies...and yet even I would feel a momentary resistance to a greenish soy product which promised to end our need to eat full meals.* Don't let anyone ever tell you that movies don't influence us. You've been strongly predisposed -- we all are -- to feel the exact opposite of what we ought to feel. Meat businessmen might as well own your mind.

*We don't need full meals as it is. You can survive on, say, oranges and coconuts alone.

I don't know about oranges and coconuts (or the ecological capacity if seven billion were to adopt that diet) but as a bloody hypocrite and participant in this system of murder, waiting for my animal product brunch to be made by a laborer who has accepted mere cigarettes as the price of his labor (roommate, not slave), I can't raise any credible objection to this statement.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Return to The Lounge & Member News