Harley Brown for President

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Harley Brown for President

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue May 20, 2014 12:50 am

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Harley Brown for President

Postby Elvis » Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 am

Oh, thank you! I burst out laughing several times.

I frankly don't think this guy could be any worse than the recent crop. However before committing, I need to check out Old Man Cooter's platform, he looks promising.

The other two guys in suits somehow just look ridiculous. Of course I assume one of them will win. They remind me of a passage in the anthropological classic, Patterns of Culture by Ruth Benedict (1934), about Zuni society and Adobe Indian culture generally, where social and economic power is ingeniously spread out among everyone:

Personal authority is perhaps the most vigorously disparaged trait in Zuni. 'A man who thirsts for power or knowledge, who wishes to be as they scornfully phrase it "a leader of his people," receives nothing but censure and will very likely be prosecuted for sorcery'
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Re: Harley Brown for President

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu May 22, 2014 9:16 am

Elvis » Tue May 20, 2014 6:17 am wrote:I frankly don't think this guy could be any worse than the recent crop. However before committing, I need to check out Old Man Cooter's platform, he looks promising.

I'm serious. Harley Brown for President. Why not? It's what we deserve.

Old man cooter can be his VP.

USA!
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Perelandra » Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 am

OMG, I laughed so hard. He's authentic, I'll give him that.
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Return to The Lounge & Member News