Thank You Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Thank You Thread

Postby minime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Searched for a thank-you thread. Could not find.

Oversight remedied.

Thank you all for whatever time you lost reading my posts, such as they were. You'll never get it back.

Gotta go.

It's not you, it's me.

Taking 16 months or so off to follow my own advice.

If my efforts come to anything tangible, will return 11/15 or so with links, or whatever.

Thanks again.
minime

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Thank You Thread

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Cheers, Minime -- I hope to see you back here, best wishes and Thanks!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby elfismiles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Apologies to Fruh but ... thank you Womby! Needed some comedy on this here Monday.

Re: 117 days left to shut down the FBI
by Wombaticus Rex » 15 Nov 2014 02:40

WORD SALAD FAILS TO DEFENESTRATE FEDS

By JULIA PRESTON NOV. 14, 2014

Washington, DC - In a wholly unexpected turn of events, internet discussion forum Rigorous Intuition has failed to dismantle the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Despite a spirited campaign which lasted over a hundred days and resulted in an unprecedented four pages of cut-and-paste soup from the holistic activist known to dozens around the world as "fruhmenschen," business continued as usual at the obliquely hideous J. Edgar Hoover building here on Pennsylvania Ave.

Experts have been at a loss today in their attempts to analyze how the FBI could have survived. "We were pretty surprised," said Jeanne Park of the Council on Foreign Relations, who had previously released a study on what America could expect in the aftermath of a shattered and defeated Bureau, a scenario that most observers considered the likely outcome. "With a mere 35,000 employees and only $8 billion in annual funding, we did not expect to see the Feds fare very well here. We've all got a little egg on our faces this morning."

Spirits were low at Rigorous Intuition headquarters in Moscow. A forum moderator who identified himself as Justin Boland spoke of intense guilt and a personal sense of responsibility for the failed campaign. "Honestly, we'd never even considered the possibility that fruhmenschen could lose this fight," he said over coffee in their basement cafeteria, decorated for a celebration but otherwise empty. "There's been a lot of talk today about the repercussions, but mostly I'm just wondering what we're going to do with all these cupcakes we made."

FBI spokesman Michael P. Kortan was upbeat, attributing their success to "the rabid anti-semitism that has been undermining Rigorous Intuition for years. Unless they put American Dream in charge over there, we don't expect this community to ever constitute a real threat to our operations." Asked if he was concerned about a follow-up attack, Korten lapsed into uncontrolled laughter which persisted for the duration of the phone call.

Jeff Wells could not be reached for comment prior to publication.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 pm

:rofl2 :clapping: BRAVO !
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby BrandonD » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 pm

elfismiles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm wrote:Apologies to Fruh but ... thank you Womby! Needed some comedy on this here Monday.

Washington, DC - In a wholly unexpected turn of events, internet discussion forum Rigorous Intuition has failed to dismantle the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Despite a spirited campaign which lasted over a hundred days and resulted in an unprecedented four pages of cut-and-paste soup from the holistic activist known to dozens around the world as "fruhmenschen," business continued as usual at the obliquely hideous J. Edgar Hoover building here on Pennsylvania Ave.

Experts have been at a loss today in their attempts to analyze how the FBI could have survived. "We were pretty surprised," said Jeanne Park of the Council on Foreign Relations, who had previously released a study on what America could expect in the aftermath of a shattered and defeated Bureau, a scenario that most observers considered the likely outcome. "With a mere 35,000 employees and only $8 billion in annual funding, we did not expect to see the Feds fare very well here. We've all got a little egg on our faces this morning."

Spirits were low at Rigorous Intuition headquarters in Moscow. A forum moderator who identified himself as Justin Boland spoke of intense guilt and a personal sense of responsibility for the failed campaign. "Honestly, we'd never even considered the possibility that fruhmenschen could lose this fight," he said over coffee in their basement cafeteria, decorated for a celebration but otherwise empty. "There's been a lot of talk today about the repercussions, but mostly I'm just wondering what we're going to do with all these cupcakes we made."

FBI spokesman Michael P. Kortan was upbeat, attributing their success to "the rabid anti-semitism that has been undermining Rigorous Intuition for years. Unless they put American Dream in charge over there, we don't expect this community to ever constitute a real threat to our operations." Asked if he was concerned about a follow-up attack, Korten lapsed into uncontrolled laughter which persisted for the duration of the phone call.

Pure genius, thanks for that :lol:
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Elvis » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 pm

yep. Thanks!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:32 pm

minime » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:10 pm wrote:Searched for a thank-you thread. Could not find.

Oversight remedied.

Thank you all for whatever time you lost reading my posts, such as they were. You'll never get it back.

Gotta go.

It's not you, it's me.

Taking 16 months or so off to follow my own advice.

If my efforts come to anything tangible, will return 11/15 or so with links, or whatever.

Thanks again.

Have a great journey and please come back and share :) :thumbsup
Searcher08

Postby Laodicean » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:19 pm

BrandonD » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:
elfismiles » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm wrote:Apologies to Fruh but ... thank you Womby! Needed some comedy on this here Monday.

Pure genius, thanks for that :lol:

I wholeheartedly agree. This is Onion-quality satire!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby norton ash » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:24 am

Yeah, very funny stuff, WR. I went to the thread thinking... hmm, I see Wombat posted last, is this the lock? Delighted by what I found.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby minime » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:16 pm

:)
minime

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Dig it for a starter, now
Dyin' young is hard to take
Sellin' out is harder
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Return to The Lounge & Member News