help

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

help

Postby KUAN » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:05 pm

I went to 'Five tips for cleaning and speeding up your Mac' on c/net and somewhere in that process have acquired a klingon called genieo which is acting as a gatekeeper in my searches. I've clicked 'uninstall' and it said goodbye but there it still is - yuk.

Does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it? - it won't let me search for antidotes

Thanks
(in simple language please)
KUAN

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: help

Postby KUAN » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 pm

K - done it
KUAN

Re: help

Postby 82_28 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Good job. I have no idea about Macs. I've started this new job and I've been told there is no "Linux support" or something. Even though everything I log into is running on Linux as it is. All interfaces are running Linux. Nobody knows it. I access a virtual UI and it presents me with windows, but all of it is Linux behind the scenes. All of the errors are Linux kernel and OS generated.

When I ask for help they say "oh, so you're on a Mac." I say no and "I'm about to tell you a dirty word" and that is "Linux". Everybody gets confused even though they're all using it.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Return to The Lounge & Member News