All Time Crisis Actor Academy Awards

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: All Time Crisis Actor Academy Awards

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:25 pm

OK, I've finally read this thread and I think everybody's got it all wrong.

It's a fucking joke! Regardless of whether you love all things crisis actor or consider it a Satanic abomination, I think chump is rolling on his ass giggling at your overheated reactions.

I mean, aside from the fact this is The Lounge, take a good look at that first photo, that's the giveaway. John Wilkes Fucking Booth. Stage actor certainly, but under no logical conception can you call what he did crisis acting. I don't for one second think that chump or anyone else posting here thinks that Booth faked the assassination, or that Lincoln faked his own death, or that any part of that conspiracy event involved contrivance. Patsy, yes! Crisis Actor? YOU MUST BE FUCKING JOKING!

So, my tip of the cap to you, chump. Anytime you want to put Andy Kaufman in your profile pic, you've earned it.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Nordic » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Yeah but if you don't think the masters of Psyops aren't using Magic, you're simply not paranoid enough

http://www.wired.com/2009/04/ff-neuroscienceofmagic/

In so many ways 9/11 was a huge magic trick. With plants, stooges, schills etc.

The term "crisis actors" seems to have been created deliberately to discredit anyone who questions official events. And I wouldn't put it past "them" to orchestrate and even fake an event or 2 in order to create this New Thing.

You Won't Belive Your Eyes!
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Elvis » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:56 pm

This sort of thing is being done: what about the same children appearing in different "gas attack" videos out of Syria? Do we call them "crisis actors"? -- these people acting out the aftermath of a supposed massacre?

One nun puts entire US intel community to shame over 'stage-managed' Syria footage

... study of the videos of the Syrian chemical attack shows they were productions involving staged bodies.

...Some of the same bodies were planted or recycled in different scenes and makeshift morgues that were supposed to be in different locations. The same bodies of the same children are spotted in different locations.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e36284.htm

My point is, we should use caution before throwing out anything that smells like 'crisis actors.' Won't be fooled again, right?

On edit: I recall, too, a 'gas attack victims' video where at the end of a 'take' the "bodies" start to get up, laughing.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:51 am

Given the Lounge location x Problematastic nature of this thread, I think I'm going to adopt this as my go-to drunk rant text dump.

Which is a mistake, because words are such a trap. I have often contemplated retreating into posting only images, even when moderating.

Things are weird here, but I don't want anyone thinking I've changed or shit is out of control. We just have a very different ecosystem and I'm watching it shake out.

The thread on Flat Earthery offends me more -- by a span of continents -- than the thread on segregation. Both have their place.

That place is what? Well, not GLP or Rense 2.0, for fucks sake. That hasn't changed.

It's wild to me how many long-time posters are still around here; still more humbling to consider how many lurkers and readers have contacted me to say they're paying attention over the past 2 years. I want to maintain what makes this special, and I'm pretty sure it's not Jeff.

Don't get me wrong, because what made this place special was Jeff and that history can't be memory holed. But it's been awhile.

All ecosystems are fragile. I really value everyone here, even those of you I give a lot of shit to, and even those of you whose posts I seldom even understand.

I regret everyone I've banned, most days when I spend more than 40 minutes here. I will never reverse any of those decisions, either. Given the chance to do it again? I'd have done it sooner.

(Except Hugh. I should have argued with him for months before banning him, for the sake of documenting the sheer extent of the connections he was making.)

So, you know, keep telling me if I'm wrong. Keep knowing that doesn't mean I'll agree, but I'll always listen. That's my job.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby IanEye » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:17 am

stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:25 pm wrote:John Wilkes Fucking Booth.
Stage actor certainly, but under no logical conception can you call what he did crisis acting.

Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:53 am wrote:
Stranger, the man's name is either 'Oswalt' or 'Oswald' and an internet search splits the results about 50/50. Anyone who hears or reads 'Oswalt' is going to think of the more common 'Oswald' anyway.

Is it a coincidence that Disney, which I've established as a covert youth conditioner for the National inSecurity State since WWII and which already put out 'The Shaggy D.A.' to trash DA Jim Garrison's prosecution of JFK conspirator Clay Shaw, would cast in their lead production for 2007/2008 and give prominence to the public name of 'Oswald' as in...Lee Harvey Oswald? Just as the disinfo season for next year's 45th anniversary of JFK's murder has a spate of 'Oswald dunnit' books coming at us.

Looks like a distinct case of keyword hijacking to me.

Boston Corbett

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby semper occultus » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:22 am

semper occultus

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm

does this come under the headline of crisis actor?

Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was an actor...he was creating an event

Elaborate Suicide Hoax By Cop

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby jingofever » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:04 am

Wombaticus Rex » 04 Nov 2015 04:51 wrote:I regret everyone I've banned, most days when I spend more than 40 minutes here. I will never reverse any of those decisions, either. Given the chance to do it again? I'd have done it sooner.

I think that instead of banning or suspending users they should only be able to post in a special subforum, kind of like a jail. And only banned and suspended users would be allowed to read that subforum.
jingofever

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:53 am

The point is not whether governments, corporations and like entities have faked events, or stage-managed real ones for propaganda effect. "Crisis actors" recently has acquired a specific reference to the claims that e.g., the corpses of children in Connecticut and their grieving parents didn't exist but were portrayed by literal hired actors employed by the government, on the basis of "evidence" that is aggressively opposed to any supportable notion of standards of evidence or proof. "Crisis actors" is a troll -- a Trojan Horse -- on the "conspiracy theory" community, whose members are happy to expose themselves by eating it right up.

And no, the motherfucking gangster cop who killed himself because he was about to be caught and staged his own suicide as if he were done in by #BlackLivesMatter does not fit this category in the least. Not every act of deception or infowar is "crisis acting."
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:56 am

jingofever » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:
Wombaticus Rex » 04 Nov 2015 04:51 wrote:I regret everyone I've banned, most days when I spend more than 40 minutes here. I will never reverse any of those decisions, either. Given the chance to do it again? I'd have done it sooner.

I think that instead of banning or suspending users they should only be able to post in a special subforum, kind of like a jail. And only banned and suspended users would be allowed to read that subforum.

And they would want to participate in this why?

Oh, wait, you're actually giving them privileges, if you think about it. They get to be in a prison opaque to the world, within which they can conspire!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:28 am

JackRiddler » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 pm wrote:The point is not whether governments, corporations and like entities have faked events, or stage-managed real ones for propaganda effect. "Crisis actors" recently has acquired a specific reference to the claims that e.g., the corpses of children in Connecticut and their grieving parents didn't exist but were portrayed by literal hired actors employed by the government, on the basis of "evidence" that is aggressively opposed to any supportable notion of standards of evidence or proof. "Crisis actors" is a troll -- a Trojan Horse -- on the "conspiracy theory" community, whose members are happy to expose themselves by eating it right up.

And no, the motherfucking gangster cop who killed himself because he was about to be caught and staged his own suicide as if he were done in by #BlackLivesMatter does not fit this category in the least. Not every act of deception or infowar is "crisis acting."

You're right Jack ...you've been very nice with your disagreements lately..I have noticed...:P .....I don't even know what Crisis Actor is but he was in a crisis and he was an actor :)
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Nordic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 pm

jingofever » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:

But then that might be the cool place to go, and others might troll and provoke just so they could get banned for a while and read what was there!

:jumping:
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby chump » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:52 pm

chump

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Nordic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:23 pm wrote:But then that might be the cool place to go, and others might troll and provoke just so they could get banned for a while and read what was there!

:jumping:

Yeah, when it comes to positions of responsibility, What is The Opposite of What Jehovah Would Do? is a pretty effective barometer when we're out at sea, and 2015 has definitely been...that. Bond Villains and Evil Kings let their enemies live; historical victors don't. Carl Schmitt was not exactly movie hero material, but his writing is damn interesting, especially on the nature of power -- the sovereign, as dude himself puts it. Recommended.

With Brussels under an "indefinite" period of Mandatory Fear of Nameless Reasons, with a multi-continent world war 10 years in and nobody calling it WWIII yet, and with two GOP front runners insisting that New Jersey Arabs, not Israeli Art Students, were caught dancing and celebrating on that fateful day in September, I find it easy to sympathize with the kind of fundamental disorientation that leads to such blackrabbitholes as Crisis Actors or "Bruh, What if The Earth Was Actually Flat like Moses Said?"

Shit is gone these days. We're watching thousands of competing reality tunnels, in hundreds of languages, burrowing not only away from the truth, but perhaps more importantly, away from each other -- simply witness the humble petri dish to glimpse the myriad patterns that will make up the future of human culture. Those lanky fractal tendrils are infinitely complex, intimately familiar, and yet they don't connect very much.

I remember being shacked up in runaway poverty in the Appalachian woods and reading Wilson's book/manifesto "Consilience" (E.O. Wilson, not RAW) around the same time I'd been digesting Ken Wilbur, and being unable to shake the gut certainty it was all so naive, so Utopian. Which is not to dismiss the Utopians amongst us, I love them when they do it well. But this is cut from the same cloth as Kuhn's interesting but unimaginative "Paradigm" thesis - he saw linear progress where there fucking was none and physics has since been shattered into overlapping, diverging, and competing intrepretations of reality, all in a free-fall status of total failure to validate...for decades...which is why they all keep getting funded.

Just like when the ETF or REIT market gets crowded out: anything that advertises itself as a port and invoices monthly in a storm. Pretty sure that's verbatim Shakespeare. Thus did the "IT Security" / InfoSec industry get born, after all. None of those motherfuckers can deliver shit for results, they just claim credit for getting lucky and avoiding attention from qualified actors. They don't have answers or working strategies, but they do have a set of best practices that enables them to "quantify risk" and take out insurance policies for the inevitable Ashley Madison moment when...

But, to conclude a drunken rant: I talked to a co-worker I really respect about the correctional / criminal justice system in Vermont - and he said "I don't understand why they're not delivering results when we pay them to solve these problems."

I was stunned and repeatedly asked him if he really believed that, which flustered the cat and honestly, is an asshole thing to ask. Especially several times in a row. How could you not get defensive, yeah?

Still, I never felt that any government agency has ever been founded on the intention or promise of solving problems. We expect only mitigation. And hot damn if flat-out magic rituals -- be they TSA security theater or assholes in suits having press conferences -- don't substitute for even that low standard.

Happy Thanksgiving, and for fuck's sake, read Ryan Holiday's book on PR, it's current, accurate, hilarious, depressing.
Last edited by Wombaticus Rex on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: BECAUSE TYPING IS NOT EASY RIGHT NOW
Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News