All Time Crisis Actor Academy Awards

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: All Time Crisis Actor Academy Awards

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Catching up on this thread leaves me wondering if I dropped acid this morning.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby backtoiam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Catching up on this thread leaves me wondering if I dropped acid this morning.

that new avatar is freaking me the fuck out. what in gods name is that? holy shit dude, that is wicked :shock:
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:02 pm

This shit, though: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... -interview

This is why I'm ambivalent in the face of religious certainty about the Hidden Hand Behind All Current Events, you know? Mostly because I can at least appreciate their certainty. Me, I have no fucking clue.

Criminology is shaped -- or at least haunted -- by the same gnawing awareness that their entire field is based on the study of the failures, the least fit specimens, not even "low hanging fruit" in any metaphor. Meanwhile, their very research is probably funded by the apex predators of that ecosystem.

As a certain Canadian prophet once observed, it's all so ironic.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby tapitsbo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:12 am

All we can know with any confidence is that the crucible of marriage is a sometimes a crisis consisting of multiple acts.
tapitsbo

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 pm

It's a Peruvian mummy, and not evil at all, though I can't vouch for the soul once inhabiting it. I would have changed it on All Saint's Day, but my mac crashed and that's where my preferred icon sits, dead like the mummy.

That his jaw coincidentally dropped open after being "buried" only adds to the scariness of his hand's positioning. The corpse does appear to be screaming with his hands covering his face.

It was the best I could find for Halloween this year and is one silly way for me to enjoy my birthday.

WRex, I was rather surprised by the announcing of this old news as new.

It's gonna be far more difficult in a future where one cannot tell whether one is their lover or their enemy. Or to understand when an organizer is leading the unwitting astray.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Iamwhomiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:18 pm wrote: I was rather surprised by the announcing of this old news as new.

It's gonna be far more difficult in a future where one cannot tell whether one is their lover or their enemy. Or to understand when an organizer is leading the unwitting astray.

It was just the most available link on the subject; I was being rather lazy.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby backtoiam » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:17 am

Surely this guy is not acting...and surely he could never have friends that would also act...

"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:33 pm

All The World a Stage, sure.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby tapitsbo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 am

"See" Nothing, receive something. :angelwings:

Christ as actor. Alt-Time Academi.
tapitsbo

Postby Joao » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 am

Iamwhomiam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:18 pm wrote:It's a Peruvian mummy

I do believe it's a Chachapoya cloud warrior, to be precise. Pre-Inca people. The beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark (with the idol and the boulder) is set in that part of Peru. There are believed to still be many, many undiscovered archaeological sites in the area...

Image Image
Joao

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:56 am

Joao that very last picture is awesome. I am attempting to ascertain exactly how that was done. The statues on the cliff. That took some work.
backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 am

I have been tempted to save this thing to my hard drive several times just because it is so damn freaky but its so weird I don't want no bad juju. I finally decided to do it. I hope I don't hear this thing screaming in the middle of the night....

backtoiam

Postby backtoiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:09 am

tapitsbo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:All we can know with any confidence is that the crucible of marriage is a sometimes a crisis consisting of multiple acts.

Ditto. I became a hermit, and my life is much easier. I am a hard person to find because I like it that way. I have birds, deer, skunks, and some other critters, they like me and I like them. Animals are nicer than people and they don't argue when you help them. :wink
backtoiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:33 pm

First, Mr. WRex: The news article itself was not dated, (it was published yesterday), just the story seemed to be from a year ago or so. That's what I found puzzling.

Yes, Joao, it is indeed a Chachapoya Warrior of the Clouds. (In future I will attempt to be a bit more informative)

And backtoiam, the "statues on a cliff" are the sarcophagi of other dead Chachapoyas. They are quite large. See this for more.

Just search the term "Chachapoyas" for tons more, including videos.
Iamwhomiam

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:20 pm

There is so much utter crap -- and deliberate disinformation -- on YouTube that I can well understand JackRiddler's exasperation and disgust with the whole topic. Yet there's no denying that the manipulation of still and moving pictures in the mass media is an essential part of contemporary warfare. Mediated images, especially of atrocities (real or alleged), cannot always be trusted and should not be swallowed uncritically -- least of all in the 21st century, when pictures can be manipulated and faked with an incredible degree of technical sophistication.

This website is very sharply focused and performs a good job of media analysis:

Fabrication in BBC Panorama 'Saving Syria’s Children'

Analysis of the 30 September 2013 BBC Panorama documentary 'Saving Syria's Children' and related BBC News reports, contending that sequences filmed by BBC staff and others at Atareb Hospital, Aleppo on 26 August 2013 purporting to show the aftermath of an incendiary bomb attack on a school in Urm Al-Kubra are largely, if not entirely, staged. ...

https://bbcpanoramasavingsyriaschildren.wordpress.com/

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News